‹ Prequel: Reflections

Mirror, Mirror On The Wall

006

As the sky lightened, the clouds remained dark threatening to rain. I was on my way to the bus stop since the book store was closer to my old apartment which was on the other side of town. I felt lonely and sad. I guess later I would call my parents for the first time in two years. Apparently they didn't seem to care their oldest child was out in the world and drowning in his sorrow.

I reached the bus stop just as the rain began. I hurried under the shelter and sat on the hard bench. Cars drove by without a care. The rain became more vicious and joined the rain on the ground from the storm the night before. I sighed and looked down the road only to see no sign of a bus. If I could change my life, I would have told Mikey not to go out with his family. They were going to the coast to swim at the beach and have a good time. The day was bright and sunny. I closed my eyes and played the movie in my mind.

The day was hot. It was so hot that my air conditioner decided to break down and leave me for dead. There was nothing really to do either. I had resorted to going to the kitchen and opened the freezer door and sticking my head inside. I let out a sigh of relief until the phone rang. I groaned and closed the freezer door and went to answer it.

"Hello?"

"Hey Gee, you want to see the music festival in Newark?" it was Ray.

"Beats sitting in my freezer." I joked.

"Sweet, I'm sitting in my bathtub filled with ice cubes." he laughed. I laughed too and we agreed to meet at his house in half an hour. It was about a ten minute drive. As I was going to my room to put on some clothes, the phone rung again. I sighed and went to pick it up.

"Hey bro!" it was my little brother Mikey.

"Hey! What are you up to?"

"Going to the beach with the wife and child." he laughed. I laughed too.

"Sounds awesome!"

"I was calling to see if you wanted to join us."

"Actually, I was just on my way to go to the music festival with Ray in Newark."

"Oh! I heard it's supposed to be really good, Id join in my Alicia has me-"

"Whipped?" I laughed. He grumbled something in response. I laughed at whatever he said and we said our goodbyes.


I was snapped out of my thoughts by the bus pulling up. The rolling tires disturbed the puddles that were being filling with the pelting rain. I stood up as the door opened and ran inside. I payed my fee and went straight to the back of the empty bus.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well- here is an update since I have no friends at my new school and their all preps and I'm... not. So I started this in art, went through drama, and finished it in bio where I am now. You guys are my only friends!! D: Well... I have others but not here... By the way, can someone (if the italics didn't work) inform me how to do them? lol Comments are love <3