The Only Cure...

Girlfriend

The song that had been playing ended; and the girl watched the boy’s girlfriend walk off the dance floor. The girl rolled her eyes; at least he wasn’t going with her. This left space open for her to dance with him. She sang along as she danced over to him. He noticed straight away.

Hey! Hey! You! You!
I don’t like your girlfriend!
No way! No way!
I think you need a new one
Hey! Hey! You! You!
I could be your girlfriend


She was in a black skirt, a red quarter sleeve top, red tights, and had black converse and tie. She looked a lot better than his girlfriend, sitting by the bar now, in her jeans, green short sleeve top and trainers and hat. A hat? So uncool. At least she looked good. He looked good too, in his tight black jeans, red converse and red top. She wasn’t sure about the sunglasses, not indoors, but they were on his head.

She moved him out of view of his stupid girlfriend, the last thing she needed was a fight. She’d spent ages straightening her hair, and had even clipped back the quiff-like ponytail from her fringe hair. She made sure she caught the eye of her best friends. They said that she was mad to risk a fight with that crazy bitch. Now she focused all her attention on him and still sang.

You’re so fine
I want you mine
You’re so delicious
I think about you all the time
You’re so addictive
Don’t you know what I could do to make you feel alright?
Don’t pretend I think you know I’m damn precious
And Hell Yeah
I’m the motherfucking princess
I can tell you like me too and you know I’m right


He grinned at her, she was winning! This was really fun… next September they were all off to college. She thought he was going to the same college as she was; he’d been at the taster day. Hopefully he’d be in her classes. She’d jumped at the chance of picking her subjects, both her and her best friend had taken Art, Drama and English Literature, in the hope he’d be taking them. She knew his girlfriend was at the bar behind her, so she pointed with her thumb over her shoulder.

She’s like so whatever
And you could do so much better
I think we should get together now
And that’s what everyone’s talking about!


Well, it was what her friends were talking about. It was all, when are you going to make a move? They’d all thought he was awesome, the arty emo boy. She couldn’t believe it when he started going out with that total loser. Then they all figured he was just unsure because she’d never talked to him, and maybe she was intimidating. So now that they’d left school and she wasn’t a cheerleader any more, she was just another girl who thought he was the greatest.

His name was Brandon Fink; at least she was sure it was something like that. She’d heard it a few times, but she’d never been stalker enough to hack the school computers. Well, she just didn’t know how. Maybe she would have, she didn’t know. At least she was certain his name was Brandon.

Hey! Hey! You! You!
I don’t like your girlfriend
No way! No way!
I think you need a new one
Hey! Hey! You! You!
I could be your girlfriend


He grinned at her and leaned down to say something in her ear. She knew it looked like they were kissing to his girlfriend, who most defenately was looking. She knew she was, because the jealous cow stood up and walked out.

I can see the way; I see the way you look at me
And even when you look away I know you think of me
I know you talk about me all the time again and again
So come over here, tell me what I want to hear
Better yet make your girlfriend disappear
I don’t want to hear you say her name ever again


But now all her attention was on him. He had seen his girlfriend storm out of the club, he was still grinning. She was just mouthing the words now, and she knew that she had him now, totally. After all this time, when he was just a crush, now she might actually get to go out with him!

Finally, after what seemed like forever with his mouth by her ear, he whispered to her, asking her if she wanted to get out of there. She wanted nothing more at that moment in time. Pulling him by the hand, she sang the next bit of the song louder again, and they left the club.

In a second you’ll be wrapped around my finger
‘Cause I can, cause I can do it better
There’s no other
So when's it gonna sink in?
She’s so stupid
What the hell were you thinking?!