Sequel: Prince In Distress

Princess Crashing Down

Chapter 10

Afternoon:
I was lying in bed when Dillon knocked on my door.
"Your mom let me in."
"Hey."
He sat at the foot of my bed and put his hand on my head the same way Sal did.
"I was worried sick about you."
"Where's Marissa? I'm not used to seeing you without her."
"She walked home with Tammy. And hey, I'm your boyfriend. We have to be alone sometime."
He crept up the bed. "Your mother's leaving. Food shopping I think."
I smiled and grabbed his shirt collar until he was kissing me.
We were halfway undressed, then I opened my eyes and patted his back.
"Yeah, Baby?"
"I can't do this right now."
He got up and looked confused.
"Why not?"
"Because. I feel weird."
He sat up on the foot of my bed and looked at me.
"Seriously, when are you gonna make up your mind. Do you want me or not?"
"I do. I just have a few other things going on right now."
"What do you mean by that?"
"I mean that I talked to Sal today."
"What?" He came closer to me and I felt on the spot.
"Y-yeah. He's actually the one who helped me."
"Get away from that guy?"
"Yeah." I put my eyes down.
"So?"
"I'm confused."
"About what?"
"About you. You both. You and Sal."
He got very quiet, then I looked at him. His beautiful face should never have to look so sad again, but neither should Sal's.
"What does Sal give you other than great sex?"
"How am I supposed to even know if it's great or not? It was my first time."
"Yeah and then he kicked you out."
I sighed really loud and he layed down across my bed.
"He kissed me."
"So it is the sex. It's how he touches you, isn't it. I get it. He treats you like a slut and you love it."
"No I don't!"
"Yes, you do."
I put my head down.
"Look, I don't wanna fight with you."
"Neither do I." I put my hands on his chest and felt the scars over his heart.
"Come on, don't get upset again. "
"I won't." I said with tears already filling my eyes.
"Awe, does wittle Izzy need a huggy wuggy?"
"Shut up."
"Make me." He smiled and I kissed him. He tickled me on the bed and layed down on top of me. "I'll be better than Sal ever can be."

Night:
"Hey Sal. Are you trying to take my girl?" Dillon screamed.
"Who the fuck are you."
Dillon slammed his fist into Sal's mouth and stood over him once he fell. "I'm Connor. Isabella's fucking boyfriend."
Sal wiped a hand across his bloody mouth, but stood up. "Oh yeah. You're the one she has to protect from getting hurt." He laughed.
"What?"
"You're name goes around school. People know about you. You freakin emo kid." He pushed against Dillon's chest and he fell onto his back.
Sal knelt by him and held his arm up.
"It's this one, isn't it?" He rolled up the sleeve and took a good look at the scars because it was dark.
"Let go of me." Dillon said through his teeth.
"If you knew you weren't strong enough, then why'd you come out here to fight me?"
"Because I love Isabella and you better not lay another hand on her!"
"Or what?" He took a knife out of his pocket and held it to Dillon's wrist.
"Go ahead. It's not like it would hurt me."
"NO, it would only kill you. Isabella would hate that wouldn't she?"
"Ahh." Dillon thrust his foot into the air and kicked the hand which Sal was holding the knife.
"You'll regret that."
"Fucking try me."
He jumped back to his feet and threw a punch to Sal's head. He ducked and kicked the inside of Dillon's knees. He fell to the ground, but found strength to stand back up.
"Don't you think Isabella would hate you if you killed me?"
"It doesn't matter. She would never know it was me."
He took the knife back out and sliced across Dillon's cheek.
"Dammit!" He held the spot for a minute, then turned back toward Sal and kicked the knife out of his hand and while he was watching the knife fall, he punched him in the face. Then he fell to the ground.
Dillon kept kicking him in the dirt until he was coughing up blood. He kicked him in the face one more time, then took the knife and slid it into his pocket.
"Stay the fuck away from Isabella!"
Dillon wiped the cut on his face and stared at the glistening blood from the moon.
"God dammit."

Morning:
I held the phone to my ear as I straightened my hair for the day. I let a strand out and it fell flat on my head. The dial tone was annoying the hell out of me, so I hung up for the third time.
Dillon wouldn't answer the phone. Suddenly, my phone rang and I immediately answered it.
"Hey!" The sound of his voice calmed me down. "Come to school, now! I love you, bye." He hung up and I threw on the outfit I picked out yesterday.
I ran out the door and forgot to grab a protein bar on my way out, but I didn't want to turn back.
When I got to school I saw him standing by my locker with his backpack still slung over his shoulder.
"Hey." I reached up to him and gave him a kiss.
I went to turn the dial on my lock when he tapped on my shoulder and reached into his bag. I have something for you.
He pulled out a rose and I gasped.
"Awe, thank you baby." I missed him again and turned back toward my locker.
"Hey!" Both of our heads turned and I saw a busted-up Sal coming toward us.
"I knew he would come back! Hide, Isabella!"
"Back?"
"Hide!"
"Wha-"
"Now!"
I ran around the lockers, but peered over the edge. Sal was getting closer to Dillon, but he pulled a gun from his backpack and threw the bag to the floor.
"Don't get any closer!" Dillon pointed the gun toward Sal. He stopped in his tracks and held both arms up. He was shaking.
"Dillon! Put that down!"
I ran over to him and tried pulling the gun from his hands, but Marissa showed up and pulled me back.
"Isabella, just move!"
She dragged me behind the crowd that had formed around us.
"But he's going to shoot!"
"No he won't."
"Yesss he will!"
Sal tried walking a few steps closer to me.
"I said don't come any further!"
"I just want to see Isabella."
No! I'm protecting her from you!"
"I'm not doing anything to her!"
"Get away or I'll shoot!"
"Dillon!" I screamed.
"Isabella, get away!" Marissa yelled out to me.
Sal found it a chance to run to me, but Dillon hard his steps and turned the gun in his direction. Sal saw him and ran even faster but Dillon pressed on the trigger.
The gun cracked through the air and slammed right through Sal's heart.
"How's that for a fucking scar. Huh?" He stood over Sal, who was trying to catch blood pouring from his chest. "Huh!"
"Dillon!" I ran to his side and hugged him. I don't know why, but I felt I should be with Dillon. Sal used me anyway.
Teachers ran over and thrusted me away from him. They attached to him from all angles and a policeman handcuffed him and pushed him out the front door.
"Dillon!"
"Stay away Miss. Marcc."
"No!"
A guard walked right past me and spoke into a two-way. "Dillon Viota is being loaded now."
"Roger that."
"No!"
I ran toward him and begged him to let Dillon go, but they shook me off and walked away.
People were carrying Sal out of the school and at that very moment, I felt Sal's last breath on my neck from across the room. I could feel it -he was dead.