Sequel: Prince In Distress

Princess Crashing Down

Chapter 7

Morning:
I woke up halfway off the bed because Marissa was spread as far across my bed as she could. I was used to it by now, but this morning it sort of aggravated me.
"Marissa. Marissa. Rissi." I shook her shoulder and her eyes opened, then closed. "Awe Marissa -wake up."
"What?" She said half conscious.
"I'm hungry."
"Then eat something."
"Marissa."
"Ugh. Fine." She rolled out of bed and put a bathrobe on from behind my door. She rubbed her eyes and stretched.
Last night she made me throw up and blow my brains out until she thought my body was clear of the drugs. It didn't fully work because I still felt sick, but this was one of the first mornings in a while that I was really hungry and felt good enough to eat. She was looking right at me and smiling.
"After you fell asleep last night, Dillon called."
"Why?"
"He wanted to make sure you were ok." She spoke in a soft voice.
"Really?"
"Yeah. He really cares about you. I could tell he was worried sick."
"Yeah." I felt my eyes watering, but I knew I wouldn't start crying. There was a certain feeling I had forgotten during all of this. I felt happy right now. All my life I've have two people that care more about me than I could ever ask for. After all I've put them through, they still worry and want to help me. I smiled.
"Are you smiling?"
"Yeah I am." I looked up at her. "I really am."
"That's a great sign!" She clapped her hands together and pulled out the laptop. She started typing like crazy then waved me over.
"Yeah?"
"One of the said that once you feel good without drugs, then you start to realize things are better without them." She didn't break her focus away from the screen.
"Well, I know I'm better off without them but-"
"See, that's the point. You realize it, you just don't think before you try something. It's getting worse, not any better, so apparently we have more work to do."
"Worse?" I felt a bit smaller now.
"Don't worry me and Dillon are trying our hardest. He'll be over in a few hours." She looked back toward the computer and I huge smile stretched across my face. I couldn't wait to see Dillon.
I looked over to my floor and saw some of the white powder still spilled out. I walked over to it and Marissa watched me carefully. I stood over it, looking down and she didn't know what to expect.
"Somebody should really clean this up." I joked and smiled at her. She laughed and ran over to me.
"Later." We locked arms and skipped down to the kitchen.

Afternoon:
"Sleep in ladies?" Dillon jumped over the small fence with a DVD in his hands.
"What's that for?"
"I don't know." He looked down at it. "I thought we could have a movie night later or something. It's only Saturday."
"That'd be great." I shaded my eyes from the sun and looked up at him.
"Great. So, what's goin on?"
"We're planning what to do about Josh."
"Josh?" I thought he dumped you.
The question bothered me and I felt a tinge of regret in my chest, but I kept a straight face and answered him. "Yeah, but he might come back."
"Especially once he ifnds out that she slept with Sal."
"Woah -what?"
I put my head down. "Uh huh."
He sat beside me and rubbed my back with his free hand. "It's not your fault."
"It is."
"Anyways!" Marissa chimed in, trying to lighten the mood.
Dillon looked up, then back down to me. "Well, what do you wanna do?"
"I don't think I'm the best person to decide things."
He laughed and my heart fluttered. His voice flowed through me and I wanted to kiss him right there, but that would be a bit inapropriate right now.
"We could go down to Charlie's."
"Yeah I'm in the mood for ice cream! How bout you Isabella?"
I smiled in agreement. Awe what the heck!
I put my arms around his neck and moved my lips against his.
I'm taking that as a yes!" Marissa laughed.
I gave her a thumbs up and she sat back.
He pulled away from me, but grabbed my hand and started to get up. I got up, too and we started walking toward the end of the street to Charlie's.
When we got there we slid into a booth with Marissa on one side and me and Dillon on the other.
"Can I help you?"
"Mmm. I want a triple fudge sundae."
"Marissa." I gasped and looked toward her.
"What? This is a time of healing. Ice cream helps healing."
"I laughed. "The healing is for me."
She rolled her eyes jokingly and Dillon opened his mouth to speak. "I'll have a strawberry float."
"That's all?" The server tilted her head to him.
"Yeah. That's all." He folded his hands and smiled. Marissa started cracking up.
"What?"
"That's just so gay."
"What?"
"I don't know. Never mind." She chuckled.
"How am I gay?"
"You ordered a petite, little drink that's pink!"
"So?"
"Ok, stop it. Just order." I laughed.
"Fine I'll change my order to a banana split." He looked over to Marissa and she stuck her tongue out.
"She said be more manly, not make yourself sick."
He gave me a look. "Look who's talking."
"I'll just have vanilla ice cream with fudge and sprinkles."
"Ok." She nodded her head and walked away, aggravated.
We all started laughing and she turned back to give us a dirty look.
Dillon stretched and layed back in the booth. "We're the best!"
Movie Night.
The DVD ended up being Mr. and Mrs. Smith. We covered our ears every time something exploded because we had the volume up way too high. I loved the Romance, Marissa loved the action, and Dillon just loved Angelina Jolie. Dillon's arm was around my shoulder and Marissa was holding the popcorn next to me.
"Oh. I really have to go to the bathroom." I got up and dusted off my skirt. "Be right back."
Dillon slid down, closer to Marissa and grabbed some popcorn. They were still sucked into the movie until Marissa looked at Dillon. "It's so cold in here."
"I know. Oh here." He slung his blanket over her and tightened it until his arms were around her by accident.
She smiled at him and he smiled back. They stared at each other for a few seconds, then their heads grew closer. His cheek brushed hers and he carefully lowered his lips to hers. They hit the corner of her mouth, then they moved to her lips.
They moved along with each other until his tongue slid across her bottom lip. Her tongue floated over his and they both came up for air, but their faces still touched.
The entire kiss was slow and intense.
They both went in for another kiss and when their mouths collided, he immediately begged for entrance by gliding his tongue along the crease of her lips. She slid her tongue along his teeth and the inside of his cheeks. His hands were on the sides of her ribs and her hands were behind his neck.
I dropped my glass of water on the floor and they both jumped so high. "Oh my god!"