Broken Hearts Are All I'll Ever Know

Broken Hearts Are All I'll Ever Know, Part 5

Image

---

"Hey, what's up?" Gerard greeted us seeing that I look a little worried as Matt and I walked in.
"Our band broke up." I said as we plopped ourselves on the couch in front of everyone.
"What?! How? Why?" All the guys said in unison.
"Aiden cheated on Claire and Claire found out and quit the band because of it." Matt said without any hesitation
"Oh that sucks, guys." Ray said a little disappointed knowing that we were a good band and could have made it bigger then we have.
"Yea." I said as I looked out the window to see Frankie out there sitting on the curb.
"Be right back guys." I said as I got up from the couch and headed outside where Frankie was.
"What's wrong Frankie?" I said as I hinted that there was something wrong with him.
"Hey JJ, and nothing. Well, nothing that should concern you." Frankie said with a weak smile.
"Frankie, what's wrong? You know I can keep a secret and I want to know because it does concern me whether you like it or not." I said as I scooted a little closer to him.
"Nothing, just I wish I could have done something before someone else got to it." Frankie said while looking at me a bit weirdly.
"And what's that?" I said as I took off his hood to reveal his face.
"I wish I could have gotten to you before Matt did. I wish I could just be perfect like he is for you." Frankie said as he gave me a look of disappointment in himself, and at that moment I thought to myself "How could of I done this to someone that loved me much more then a friend? How could I have broken someone's heart who I loved more then even Matt?"

"Frankie, I love you too. Even more then Matt, and no I'm not just saying that. I really do and I'm sorry for even breaking your heart." I said as a tear slipped from my eyes.
"No, JJ, don't cry it's not your fault." Frankie said right before he kissed me forgetting all about Matt, and not even caring anymore.

We kissed for a while, but me remembering who could and probably would be watching I pulled away.

"I'm sorry, but its not right kissing you in front of him don't you think?" I said to Frankie feeling kind of ashamed that I'm cheating on Matt right in front of him.
"I love you Frankie, just remember that." I said as I got up and left him alone on the curb like he was before I came out.

---

"What was that about?" Matt said later that night as we lay there in the basement I called my room.
"What was what about?" I said knowing damn well what he was talking about.
"You and Frankie. I'm not mad I just want to know." Matt said trying to keep his anger out of his voice.
"Matt, I'm so sorry. I really do like you and all but I don't feel right with you I guess. I mean I just met you maybe a week ago, and I've known Frankie since I was a kid. And I've loved him ever since, just too afraid he wouldn't accept me." I said trying to explain everything to him.
"It's quite alright, JJ. It's actually true that we don't know each other that much and I can see why you love him. He is a great guy and he deserves you more than I do." Matt said while completely understanding everything.
"Friends?" I said holding open my arms looking for a friendly hug, at least.
"Friends!" He replied while giving me a hug.

---

The crew was gone out to get coffee except Mikey, he stayed home because he had a rough night, until Claire came along he was all alone.

"Mikey, where is everyone?" Claire whispered into Mikey's ear awakening him instantly.
"They went out to get coffee, and left me here. But what's up?" Mikey said now fully awake and focused his attention to Claire.
"Oh, I was just looking for JJ. I needed someone to talk to." Claire said a bit disappointed but yet happy that maybe she could get to talk to Mikey instead.
"You know, you could just talk to me?" Mikey said.
"Okay." Claire said as she started from beginning to end about what happened between her and Aiden.

To her drinking problems and taking too many pills once a while.

"Wow, I'm really sorry." Mikey said as he hugged her as tight as he could.
"Thank you Mikey, for being here now. And maybe always will be there." Claire said as he cried into Mikey's shirt who was now holding her trying to comfort her the best he could.
"Shh, it's okay Claire." Mikey said as he held her close.

Mikey's POV

I don't know what I felt for Claire at that moment, but at least I was there for her and had a shoulder she could cry on for as long as she wanted.
She now was my everything that I ever wanted.
I don't care anymore I'm not holding back on my feelings for someone I truly love.

"Claire, I love you." I said after a while of silence.
"You what?" Claire asked confused and hurt that maybe he might be joking around.
"I love you. I've loved you for a while now Claire, ever since I met you at Starbucks. Probably even before then." I told her.
"Mikey if you're lying it's not really funny." Claire said making sure he was serious.
"Claire, I promise why would I lie to you?" I said as he kissed her. Tears filled her eyes once again, but joyful tears this time. Knowing that this time, she was loved and maybe she wouldn't be cheated on.

---

"Remember when we were little we all came down here and sat on these swings just like we are now?" I asked Frankie as we were swinging back and forth lightly holding hands.
"Yea, but the only that is different is that we are holding hands now." Frankie said with a smile.
"True." I said as I smiled back but frowned back at the ground.
"What's wrong?" Frankie asked while looking a bit worried.
"I don't know, I feel bad for Matt. I just feel like everything is my fault." I said a bit ashamed talking about Matt still.
"Aw, JJ it's not your fault. Nothing is your fault, JJ so stop blaming yourself 'cause if you go down, I go down with you." Frankie said as he squeezed my hand tighter.
"Thank you Frankie." I said while I sat on him while we swung together.

---

"Hey, Mikey and Claire." The guys said as they walked past Mikey and Claire asleep.
"'Sup guys?" Mikey asked as he gave them a thumbs up.
"Where are JJ and Frankie?" Claire asked noticing they were both gone.
"They took a long walk down love lane." Gerard said as he fluttered his eyes like a girl.
"What happened to Matt?" Claire asked not knowing what happened the day before.
"They broke up, because JJ has feelings for Frankie and blah blah blah." Bob said getting quite annoyed with everyone already.
"Oh, and where exactly is love lane Gerard?" Claire asked.
"The park." Ray answered for him.
"Cool, let's go Mikey." Claire said as she got up and pulled Mikey up.
"Go where?" Mikey said as he ran with her down the street heading towards the park.
"The park, duhrr." Claire said with a smile.

*Frankie's POV*

"I love you." I said to JJ after we got something from the Ice Cream man.
"Yes, I know many people do, just not as much as you." JJ said with a smirk while she was licking her ice cream cone like we did when we were very little.
"Why do you love me anyways, Frankie?" JJ asked me after a while of eating.
"Well, first I can trust you with anything and everything. Second your really funny and outgoing and I like that. Third I can cuddle with you without any problems at all, and I can do anything to annoy you and you won't get mad." I said with an innocent smile.
"Okay, just making sure you love me for who I am not what I am." JJ said with a grin.
"Of course." I said as I noticed two familiar faces walking up holding hands, but how and why?