‹ Prequel: Black Keys
Status: Complete

With Every Strike Of Lightning.

Claire's POV

When we finished our performance, I couldn’t help but feel a little relieved there was nothing else to prove. We had preformed and the crowd loved it, we proved even though we hadn’t sung together in two years we were still a band. We stayed back stage whilst the awards show continued.

Jordan was now eighteen years old, making Lauren and I twenty. Jordan hadn’t changed much since we last saw her, she was still the same old Jordan we loved.

Jordan filled us in on everything that we had missed, skipping the bits about Joe and Kevin I noticed. I mean we knew they were still dating Camilla and Danielle, but other than that we didn’t read anything about them.

“Girls, all the awards have been handed out. Would you all like to leave together?” One of the technicians backstage interrupted our conversation.

“Well, we are all going to the after party right?” Lauren said looking towards Jordan.

“Yeah, I’ll tell Nick I’ll meet him there.” Jordan smiled walking off to find her boyfriend.

When Jordan came back we all walked back down the red carpet ignoring the paparazzi and journalists who were crowded round the doors. We got into a black car and were driven to the party.

We were one of the first groups to arrive, choosing a table near the front of the room we sat down. Lauren and Jordan were talking about our new apartment we had just brought. Jordan had moved all her things into her room a few days after we had arrived in LA.

“Look who it is.” I turned round to see Nick standing there with his hands in his pockets.

He sat beside me, glancing at Jordan who was oblivious to the fact that Nick had arrived.

“Nick Jonas, look at you haven’t you grown.” I said it was true Nick had grown into a man. He had grown a few more feet, he was now towering over Jordan.

“I can’t say the same for you, have you shrank?” He smirked.

“I’ve been back what two minutes and you are already making short jokes no fair.” I pouted.

By now the table was full, Kevin was sat next to Jordan Danielle on his right, Camilla was sat next to Danielle then Joe was in the middle of Nick and Camilla. I noticed how much the boys had changed.

Kevin had got rid of his side burns and his hair was slicked back. Joe had grown his hair a little, still wearing it natural. He also looks like he had a bit of stubble growing on his upper lip. Probably trying to look older for Camilla I thought.

He smiled a little at me, before I released I must have been staring a little to long at him. I then glanced at Camilla, her short bob was perfectly straight, her make up was flawless and her outfit complemented her body shape.

“Claire, I think we best go say hello to Jonathan and Alex before they come over and murder us.” Lauren spoke breaking me from my thoughts.

I nodded, excusing us from the table we linked arms and walked over to where the two bands were laughing.

“Guess who?” Lauren smirked covering Alex’s eyes.

“Kelly Clarkson?” Alex mocked excitement.

“You best be joking.” Lauren pouted sitting in the chair next to him.

“Of course I was, when did you get back?” Alex’s face lit up.

“Aren’t you going to say hi?” Jonathan patted the chair next to him where I instantly sat.

“Things get bitchy on your table?” He nodded over to where Joe was currently whispering in Camilla’s ear and Kevin was playing with Danielle’s hair whilst she spoke to Jordan.

“Nope, we just thought we’d come and say hello.” I sighed.

“That sucks I wanted to see a cat fight.” Jonathan pouted.

“So where are your dates?” Alex asked us.

“We didn’t have dates, where’s yours?” Lauren asked.

“We’re too cool to have dates.” Jonathan joked.

“Hey, I’m not cool at all. Lauren would you be my date?” Alex laughed.

“If Claire doesn’t mind.” Lauren said looking over towards me.

“You’re ditching me for him! How dare you?” I faked anger.

“Let’s go dance.” Alex dragged Lauren up towards the dance floor.

“Now that you are dateless, we can be dateless together.” Jonathan said before downing his drink.

“Then won’t that make us dates, so therefore we aren’t dateless.” I laughed.

“I love this song, let’s dance.” Jonathan said dragging me up to dance to Heels Over Head by Boys Like Girls.

We joined the circle of celebrities on the dance floor, they all took it in turns in the middle of the circle. When it was Jonathan’s turn he started break dancing Alex soon joining him along with some other of the boys.

Next up with Kevin, he started doing his “Sos dance” which earned cheers from the crowd, but then Danielle was next to him as she wrapped her arms around his neck. I heard Lauren make gagging noises, and Alex laughing.

Then Nick and Joe were doing their flips, Nick landed right in front of Jordan and dragged her into the middle just as “See You In The Dark” came on Jordan and Nick started doing the “Honor Roll” soon followed by Kevin, Joe, Lauren and I. Danielle stormed off to her seat, while Joe was trying to teach Camilla the moves, which made Lauren and I laugh.

It was getting late by the time we got off the dance floor, Jordan had insisted we ride home with her and the boys I was to tired to argue with her so I just climbed in the car.

The first stop was Camilla’s apartment, Jordan had told us that she wanted Joe to move in with her but the whole Jonas family objected to it. Joe got out the car with her and walked her to her door.

“I bet I know what he is saying to her.” I muttered.

“Claire, be nice.” Nick warned.

I looked out the window just as Joe opened the door. He got in and the car started heading to our next destination our apartment.

“So, what do you girls plan on doing now?” Nick asked obviously trying to kill the silence.

“We are releasing the album again and we have a meeting about a tour soon.” Lauren said while sending Danielle daggers.

“What, your taking Jordan away from me!” Nick said at first I thought he was joking but then I saw the hurt in his eyes.

“You can come be our merchandise guy.” I joked. Danielle scoffed at that.

“Have you got something to say?” Lauren snapped at her.

“Yes I do actually, I mean only losers sale merchandise. Nick is way to famous to be seen within miles of one of your concerts.” Danielle’s voice was fake, I could feel Lauren clench her fists beside me.

“Dani, you may want to rephrase that.” Kevin said in her ear, giving Jordan an apologetic look.

“Oh, I’m sorry Jord I didn’t mean you.” She said as the car pulled up.

“I know, but can you stop your snide comments. Lauren and Claire are my best friends I wont stand around and watch people bad mouth them.” And with that she opened the car door and got out Nick following her.

Lauren and I got out after them after muttering out goodbyes. We left Nick and Jordan on the doorstep and ran inside. I kicked my shoes off and collapsed on the couch. Today had been a long day, something told me we were going to have to get used to it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so glad to be writing this again, but we had one comment last time how about we try for three maybe four :D?
the next chapter is going to be written by no other than Jordan so it will be Jordan's pov. we are so excited for this.
thanks for reading everyone.