Albus Potter and Friends

Teddy Remus Lupin

“Teddy, could you come downstairs please?!”

“Yeah, I’m coming Gran” Teddy replied, heading towards the stairs. He decided to take them two at a time, as he usually did, however his inherited clumsiness often got the better of him at times like these. Halfway down the stairway he tripped over his untied shoelaces causing him to fall head-first down the stairs. He let out a yelp as he fell, then lay facing the ceiling at the bottom of the stairway. His Grandmother, an old woman with slightly white hair and kind eyes hurried over to him. In her hands was a letter.

“You are just like your mother” she muttered, “Don’t know how many times she fell down those stairs” She held the letter out to Teddy, who noticed this gesture and grabbed it.

“I don’t even get an ‘Are you okay?’?” he asked whilst picking himself up from the floor.

“I know you’re okay, dear. You fall down them so often I think you’ve built up an immunity to pain”

“George wants me to work today” Teddy said, reading the letter, “Have to start in a half hour”

“Well you’d better get a move on then” his grandmother said, flattening down his scruffy hair, which was a vibrant blue colour. “I do wish you’d change your hair colour. The blue really doesn’t suit you.”

“Victoire likes it though” he said, ruffling up his hair again, despite his Grandmothers efforts to keep it flat.

“You can always change it back for Victoire when you see her”

Teddy sighed. He screwed up his eyes in a strained expression. Much like as if he was trying to remember something. Next thing he knew, his hair was light brown in colour.

“That’s much better” his Grandmother said, smiling. “You look much more like your father now”

She sighed and wandered off into the lounge room. Teddy could always see the pain in his Grandmothers eyes whenever his parents, Nymphadora Tonks and Remus Lupin, were mentioned. His parents were tragically killed by the Death Eaters Dolahov and Bellatrix, during a battle at Hogwarts some nineteen years ago when Teddy Lupin was merely a few months old. While Teddy had heard the story of the battle at Hogwarts which had resulted in the death of Voldemort, it still hurt to think of it, and he knew it hurt his grand parents too. Whenever his parents were mentioned a feeling of great loss would grow inside of him. He didn’t like the thought that he would never truly know his parents. His Grandmother constantly making him change his hair colour to something she liked, which he had learnt was light brown, like his fathers, only left it open for people to comment on how much of a resemblance he had to his father. This and the constant linking of his clumsiness to his mothers, only let his mind wander back to the thought that he would never know his parents.

He went upstairs, taking the stairs one at a time, and walked into his bedroom. His bedroom was what you could call a typical teenage bedroom. The floor was barely visible through mounds of clothes and other miscellaneous items strewn all around. “I have to find that thing” he mumbled, and started sifting through the junk on his desk. The thing he was looking for was a new product he was supposed to be testing for his manager’s shop Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes. After five minutes of sifting, and no finding, he went downstairs to see if he had left down there.

“Gran, have you seen the thing?” he said, walking into the lounge room.

“What thing?” she said, concentrating on the scarf she was knitting.

“You know. The thing..” he said, as if his Grandmother was supposed to know what he was talking about.

His grandmother raised her eyebrows at him.

“The thing George gave me to test” Teddy said in reply to his Grandmothers expression.

“You didn’t bring it down here” she said, “If you’d clean that mess of a room you’d probably find it”

Teddy went back to his bedroom. He pulled out one of the drawers from his dresser and placed it on his bed. He grabbed his wand from his desk and exclaimed “Pack!” whilst moving his wand in a long sweeping movement over his floor. The contents of his bedroom floor flew from their positions and messily stuffed themselves into the drawer he had just placed on his bed. He looked at his now empty floor, and sitting right in the middle was the thing he was looking for. “At least I know for sure spells don’t work on you now” he said as he picked up the thing and stuffed it in his pocket. He walked over to the drawer on his bed. “Stupid socks” he muttered, picking up two that looked similar and folding them together. He never could get them to fold themselves.

He headed downstairs and into the lounge room once more. “I’m off now” he said, walking over to the fireplace and grabbing a handful of Floo Powder.

“Will you be here for dinner tonight?” his Grandmother asked, still knitting her scarf.

“Nah, I’ll be at Harry’s. Lily asked me to come this morning”

He stepped into the fireplace and threw the Floo Powder by his side while saying Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes. He disappeared, engulfed in vibrant green flames.