I Will Breathe Fire

A Song to Say Goodbye

Gerard had Frank’s party at his place and didn’t tell me until we were there. The house was packed with people, half of which I didn’t know but figured they knew Frank. The music was loud enough to wake the dead and make the deaf ear again, but I didn’t mind. I shared a seat in a room away from the speakers, with a lust driven couple jumping all over each other on an old red couch which had faded through its years. People brushing passed people, dancing, singing, drinking. I soon got bored waiting for Gerard in my white nurse's outfit. Tacky, but when time is your enemy, it'll do.

“I’ll be back soon, okay, I just need to find Frank and get these assholes out of my house,” is what he said. Being the most naïve person on the planet at that moment, I nodded my head like a good little girl and took a seat. But before Gerard left, he handed me a cup of Apple Smirnoff and planted a gentle kiss on my left cheek. I had never felt my cheeks burn so much and my stomach exploded with butterflies like that before.

It’s now been an hour; the butterfly effect had worn off and I’m getting lonely. There’re only strangers in this house, I know of no one. My Smirnoff had finished half an hour ago and even though it was only a little bit, it sure hit the spot. I seemed dazed for a while, finding the music to be a release to my nervous urges.

“Aiden!” Some dumb nut screamed, boy I’m tired of hearing my name.

I turned expecting Jaime or Oliver, another one of the devil’s advocates whose goal in life is to make mine miserable. As I turned I gave a half hearted look, but as my brain registered who I was looking at, my breathing caught in my throat strangling the life out of me. My eyes widen and my mouth dried in an instant.

“J-Jack,” I choked. “Fancy seeing you here, what’re you doing here?” I swallowed nervously; standing up and scanning my surrounds to find a way out.

“Ha-ha! Frank of course! I told you, remember?” He slurred. His eyes were red and his shirt was wet from sweat and heaven knows what. He looked really disgusting, and I don’t think it was his costume. He was a zombie.

“Oh yes, must have slipped my mind.”

Shit, shit, shit! I forgot about Jack. I’m so screwed, Gerard.

“Sit, sit,” Jack insisted pulling me down into the couch again. He turned and sat down between the little space between the couple and myself, slowly crushing my thigh. The couple beside us were annoyed and gave Jack a dirty look before scooting over. There was no room for a fourth; there wasn’t room for a third to start with, so you can imagine how close this motherfucker was. As I felt he hot, alcohol laced breath hit my body, my skin began to crawl. He made me want to hurl my Smirnoff.

“You look b-beautiful,” he stated, burping ‘beautiful’ in my face. Charming.

“Thanks but I need to go okay, nothing personal.”

For goodness sakes Jack, it was PERSONAL!

“No you don’t, stay here and talk to me. I never had the time to ask you how you were. You rushed off too quickly.”

“I’m good, currently not working and is wanting to go…”

I was thinking as fast as I could, trying to find ways to break off the conversation without having him go through a relapse of our former situation.

He gave me a questionable look before I quickly replied, “To the bathroom, I want to go to the bathroom.” And with mighty force I stood up with my unstable heels and began to push through the crowd at a quick pace.

A heavy hand took hold of my left arm and pulled backward. I knew it was Jack and I could just make out what he was going to say.

“Wait! I’ll take you…” He cooed slyly. Bingo.

I swallowed hard and kept walking hoping, waiting for someone to come and save me. We pushed passed many, trying to get to the stairs because the downstairs bathroom was trashed.

1, 2, 3… 8, 9, 10. I counted the stairs as we reached the top and for some odd reason, upstairs was barren. No one was up here. I began to shake in my heels; he was making me all nervous.

I had been to Gerard’s place before, so I knew where everything was, but right now… I couldn’t remember anything. Jack began to giggle and I forced myself not to look back as I kept walking. I couldn’t help but feel his eyes peel the clothes off my back.

“Um Aiden?” He questioned.

Do I dare answer?

“Y-Yeah,”

“The bathroom’s here,” he pointed with a bottle of beer in his hand. I felt like I was a ball of cotton and he was a cat just playing with me and pulling my strings.

“Ha-ha, yeah thanks.” I replied with a lack of enthusiasm.

As I walked in I caught him in the corner of my eye smiling wildly recording every inch of my body.

I turned to close the door as soon as I got passed the entrance, but Jack, he stood in the doorway like he owned it.

“Jack c-can you move…p-please.” I asked politely.

He stood there looking straight into my eyes as if he didn’t hear my question.

“J-Jac…”

“Did I tell you how beautiful you looked?” he cut me off walking into the bathroom with me, stalking me like prey.

“Jack what are you doing?” I posed sternly moving backward.

“I’ve loved you ever since I had laid eyes on you Aiden, no one can save you from tonight, we were destined to be together, don’t fight it.” He slammed the door behind him and tossed his empty bottle to the wall making it smash into a million pieces.

Oh Gerard, please… Save Me.