Fairy Dust

Emotional

Gerard’s POV

Mikey ran after Frank when he told us he was going to get skittles. It broke my heart to know he didn’t know I never liked Bert. He was a real asshole and he did this to me. My parents said they were off to Starbucks to get us all fresh coffee, which we all really needed.
I fiddled with my sheets and felt miserable. Doctors and nurses past my room several times but no Mikey bringing Frank back. Did they leave without saying goodbye? Tears threatened to spill down my face at the thought. I felt even emptier then before. I bit my lip to keep from crying and focused on the ugly color of my sheets.

Mikeys POV

Frank and I didn’t take the elevator. We walked up the stairs slowly. Frank hung his head in sadness. I didn’t blame him one bit. If I was bi or gay or whatever he was, I guess I would feel the same but Bert didn’t kiss Gerard or anything. I sighed as we reached the second floor and opened the door. I held the door for Frank but he didn’t walk through. He stood there and stared at the floor until a tear fell and splashed onto the cold white floor. He was crying!

“Oh Frank!” I let go of the door and hugged him. He began to cry into my shirt until my shoulder became wet. I never knew he was so sensitive! It pained me to think he was so sad. He was almost like my second brother.

Franks POV

We stayed hugging for awhile until I was only sniffling. I didn’t know why I was so sad or why this hurt me so much. Bert had only run in but only a really close friend would run all the way to his house then run to the hospital with the cops after him. I shuddered and Mikey opened the door for me again. This time I stepped through.

A doctor walked past with his hand holding a napkin to his nose. His head was tilted back and tear stains were on his cheeks.

“What happened?” asked a blond nurse. She looked so fake and perfect.

“A guy punched me in the face and broke me nose.” The doctor said with a Scottish accent and a choked voice. The fake nurse gasped.

“Do you know who he was?”

“He had long brown hair and a wild look in his eyes but no, I didn’t know him. Also he pushed me against the wall and tried to rape me.” The nurse gasped again.

“Did the police catch him?” The doctor nodded. That fit the description of Bert perfectly. Maybe Gerard deserved him after all?