Fairy Dust

Lake Tahoe

Mikey's POV

Hot and tired we were. We had stopped at a large lake that seemed to stretch for miles and miles. We rested and drank our fill.

"How much longer until we reach civilization?" Danger looked up at the sky from where he sat. Bob looked at the map with tired eyes, we were all so very tired.

"The next city is Placerville, see?" he pointed to the map.

"Where?" Danger asked. Bob leaned in closer.

"See Carson City?" Danger nodded. "Right now were standing beside Lake Tahoe and that right there is Placerville." Bob had been keeping track.

"It looks so small." Frank commented from beside Danger. Gerard peacefully slept nearby. Ray on the other hand was in the lake trying to accomplish what Frank did at the river. He grunted in frustration as he launched into the water after what I guessed was a fish.

"How the hell did you do it Frank?" he yelled. Frank grinned and shrugged.

"Maybe all that hair is slowing you down." Ray shot him a glare then continued trying.

"What is that over there?" Frank pointed ahead. It had been a week since the lake.

"What? Where?" I looked around confused, without glasses I was blind.

"There!" Frank began to run.

"Frank?" Gerard called out to him but Frank kept going. Ray took off with Danger on his back with Bob on his heels. I shrugged at my brother and I took off with him strugling to keep up behind me. I think his leg still hurt.

"Frank!" I called out to the small man who was hundreds of yards away. I could hear him screaming and as we caught up to him we could see why.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmm cliffhanger.