Fairy Dust

Kall It Karma

Frank's POV

I quietly crept back to my room. A new occupant lay in the bed beside mine, Danger. It was a shock to see him especially with a cast on his right leg going up to his thigh and an IV in his arm. HIs blue eyes flicked over in my direction. His lips trembled. I sat on my bed with my back to him.

"Frank?" he asked weakly. I turned my head to see him out of the corner of my eye. "I am so sorry for what I did to Mikey, he's really a great guy. I just needed the money, ya know?"

"No Danger I don't know! You broke him heart!"

"I know, I know and now I'm paying for it..." I turned around to see what he was talking about. "I'm paralyzed from the waist down." he said. "It hurts so bad." he choked out. I didn't know what to say. I didn't know wether to celebrate or feel sorry for the guy. I remained emotionless.

"Did you get what you deserve?" I asked him. He nodded slowly.

"Call it karma." he laughed half heartedly. Mikey was sleeping so I couldn't tell him about Danger yet, Gerard and Ray weren't options either because well... you know. The person I could really go to was Bob but he was probably having the time of his life flirting with those nurses. Shouldn't they be helping doctors and not sucking up resources? Wouldn't there be people with blood spraying out of there eyes or a guy chopped in half? I honestly didn't want to confront Bob in front of those girls. I sighed and decided on the last option. I told Danger how I felt. He said nothing, just watched and listened intently on my tale. How Gerard 'killed' Mikey, my confused love-life and everything else.

When I finished he remained silent. His blue eyes were clouded over in thought and his once spiky black hair was now flat.

"Gerard was drunk that night. You should talk with him first before you eliminate him from your heart." I would remember those words for the rest of my life.

When Danger fell asleep I looked over my chart to see why I had a bed. I had knemonia. No surprise there after taking a swim in an icy river then falling down a waterfall. I made my way to the nurses station where I found Piper sitting in Bob's lap.

"Hey Frankie!" Bob called when he saw me.

"Hi Bob."

"You remember Piper, right?" of course, how could I forget...? I just nodded.

"I'm looking for Gerard, do you know where he is?" Bob shook his head.

"Nobodies allowed visitors right now, go back to your room." Piper said forcefully as she viewed her painted fingernails.

"Aww come on sweetheart, do it for me?" Bob batted his eyes at her and she rolled her eyes. She got off Bob's lap and sat at an old computer.

"Last name?"

"Way, Gerard Way."

"Room 666." something about that seemed right for Gerard. I thanked Piper half heartedly and walked slowly to the staircase. I was in no rush to see my best friends 'killer.'

I walked down the hall mumbling the room numbers to myself until I reached 666. There he was in all his glory sleeping like an angel. The great Gerard Way. More like an angel out of hell. The bed next to him was occupied by Ray. Small snores escaped both men's lips as they slept. Gerard's greasy black hair hung over his eyes and I wanted so badly to kiss him but I didn't. I just sat in a chair in the corner awaiting his awakening.
♠ ♠ ♠
My dad came up with the title, he wanted me to announce it here because he thinks he's the king or something *rolls eyes*