Sometimes It's Better to Give In

.

“So what’s Courtney been up to anyway?” Rian asked me.
I was lying on Alex’s bed with Sebastian curled up on my stomach. Alex had just left to get the phone. Rian had wondered in to say hello and just talk with me.
“She’s working on something. I’m not supposed to tell anyone so do you swear you won’t say if I tell you?” I asked.
“Yea, sure. You know that I won’t say anything.” Rian said reaching out to pet Sebastian’s back.
“She’s working on a way to ask Zack to prom. She isn’t quite sure how she’s going to do it since he’s out in California but she knows that he will come here to go to prom if she asks him.”
“Oh, so that’s why she’s been kind of in her own thought bubble lately.”
“Yea, she’s trying to figure out what she can make to send him and get it there in time before prom happens.”
“How long does it take to get a package from here to there?”
“About a week. She has more than enough time right now to send something and get an answer back and have time to get ready. They only just announced the prom theme and all that.”
“What’s the theme?”
“Hollywood. Standard high school stuff you know.”
“I think that was our prom when we were seniors.” Rian thought back.
“It was. Alex was there with his girlfriend too and I was with a different boy but we both somehow ended up dancing a slow dance.”
“I remember that.” Alex smiled coming into the room. “You’re date was so jealous that we were dancing. Haha, you sound have seen his face.”
“You’re girlfriend stopped talking to me after that.” I reminded him.
“Meh, none of that matters now though. I just wish we had a prom that we could go to.” Alex said snuggling behind me and kissing from below my ear lobe to my shoulder.
This did not faze Rian at all. He lived here and was used to us showing this much affection with him. Besides he was in Alex’s room and knew that if he was in our room there was more affection in here than anywhere else.
“Well I have to go meet up with Kara. I’ll see you kids later.” Rian said getting up from the bed and heading towards the door.
“Shut the door on your way out.” Alex said looking at me with a smile playing on his lips.
“No.” I whispered to him.
He scowled at me for a moment before pushing his lips to mine. I rolled to face him and encircled his neck with my arms as his wound around my waist. Sebastian whined and then jumped off the bed. He knew that he wasn’t going to get any more attention from either of us.
Alex moved to kiss my neck knowing that it was my sweet spot. It was his best bet at trying to get somewhere with me. I had been neglecting him as of late and he wasn’t happy with that. He was about to start tour and want me all to himself before he had to leave again.
“Alexander William Gaskarth. I have finals to study for. I cannot do this right now.”
“You just had finals.” He said against my skin.
I felt my skin tighten as it rose in goose bumps. His breath skimmed along my neck and made me shiver. He knew this was working.
“No, that was a whole semester ago. I have end of the year finals now, then there’s summer and we can be together then.”
“You make it sound so easy but we both know better.” Alex said looking into my eyes.
I hated when he brought that up. I pushed my lips to his but he wouldn’t let me pull back. Alex persisted until we were in a make out again and his hands were exploring. I sighed and gave for a moment. The rhythm of his kiss and the way he moved hypnotized me and I couldn’t resist. I loved this boy too much for my own good.
In an attempt to break his rhythm I bit his lower lip and tugged gently. Of course it did nothing to help my situation. It just made him try harder and me give easier. He could feel me becoming putty in his hands and he liked it.
Maybe just once wouldn’t kill me. I had been working hard and I deserved to be a little bit indulgence. If this would keep Alex at bay for a day then I should give in. After all the want I had been suppressing was now escaping that cramped bottle I had forced it into.
Everything got really easy for Alex all of a sudden. He’d found that perfect spot where my neck met my shoulder and bit down with just the right pressure to send me over the edge of crazy. I knew there was no going back now and he felt it when I shifted moods. Now I needed him.
His hands didn’t even hesitate a second in pulling my shirt over my head. When that was off he went back to the discovered spot for a few more nibbles that made it so hard to even think that I forgot I had to take his clothes off to get anywhere. I was lost.
Good thing Alex still had his head about him and was able to get both our clothes off while all I could do was yield to him.
We didn’t even bother to clear off the bed or get under the covers. I could hear my papers crinkling under the weight of us and feel my books against my legs but that didn’t even bother me. All that mattered was Alex, how Alex was making me feel, and what he was doing to me.
We tired ourselves out after a while and lay there panting. I curled up under Alex’s arm and kissed his chest. He tightened his arm around me and kissed my head.
“I love you.” He said.
“I’m so easy it’s sad.” I sighed kissing his chest again.
“I had to work to get you to be this easy.” He reminded me.
“I guess that makes it better.”
We fell asleep on the bed as we were.

When I woke up it was night. I sighed and shifted feeling the papers crinkle under my leg. I hoped that no one had walked in here while we were asleep because we were both still on the bed with no covers. Alex was asleep spread out on his back. I was in a less revealing position with my shoulder tucked under his arm and my head on his shoulder. My stomach was pressed to his side so he hid most of me except for my backside.
I sat up and tried to run my hand though my hair but caught to many knots. I loved Alex but sometimes he was too needy. Who was I kidding though? I loved how needy he was because of the simple fact that all he ever wanted was me and nothing else.
Hesitantly I shook Alex’s shoulder. He woke up and stared at me tiredly.
“We’ve got to move so I can clean this up.” I said gesturing to the mess of papers and books we were sleeping on.
Alex didn’t look at the bed; he was looking at me. I sighed and got up. He watched as I went into the closet and made a sad face at me when I came out wearing clothes.
“Get in the shower; I’ll be there in a moment.” I promised him.
Anything to get him up so I could see what I could salvage from the wreck of our bed. He got up slowly and walked into the bathroom that joined his room.
The first thing I did was put clean boxers and a shirt in the bathroom for Alex when he got out. Then I walked back into the bedroom. When I could really look at the bed it was worse. There was no doubt that some of the papers were ruined for good. I just hoped they were nothing important.
The first things I moved were my books. A few pages had been beaten and folded up so I straightened them out and closed the book carefully. The ones with messed up pages when to the bottom of the pile so that the pages would press into a flat page again. The books that had not been hurt went on top to add pressure.
Then there was the question of what to do with the papers all over. They had moved and shifted with us. I started with the ones on the floor. They were the safest ones. I tried to make piles of them to sort them out but it was hard without the rest of them so I gave up and turned it into two piles rather than five. One was the save able papers and the other was the ruined ones.
Rian knocked and then came in. I said a quick hello to him while I sorted though a few more pages.
“What happened in here?” He asked looking the mess of papers on the bed.
“Alex.” I said.
His name was the only thing I had to say and Rian understood. He’d lived with Alex long enough to know.
“Sick.” He said making a face.
“Yea, now I have ruined papers.”
“Didn’t even let you clean off the bed huh?” Rian asked picking up a paper that was about to fall to the floor.
“I wouldn’t touch those.” I cautioned him.
“Why?”
“We never pulled down the covers.” I said biting my finger.
He made a noise of disgust and dropped the page. I laughed at his reaction. He stared at the bed and then at me.
“You guys get worse every day.” He joked.
“I can’t help it.” I said.
“I know. His influence has gone to your head.”
I nodded.
“I would help you clean up, but I think I might find fluids that I never wanted to come in contact with on these pages.” Rian kind of laughed though he was uncomfortable.
“Yea, get out of here. I’m going to clean this up and then get in the shower.”
“Open a window too. It smells in here.” Rian said as he left.
I was slightly embarrassed when I was left alone. I walked to the window and opened up the glass pane. Then it was time to clean up the bed.
The papers there were mostly ones I had to throw out. I made mental notes of the things I needed to replace and then went into the bathroom. Alex was still in the shower.
I could see him though the frosted glass rinsing off soap as I stripped down. When I climbed into the shower I was greeted with a kiss.
“I’m clean now!” Alex told me proudly.
“That’s great. Now it’s my turn.”
“I can help.” He said suggestively.
“No, I’m capable.”
“It’s not as fun without me.” He said obviously meaning something different.
“Yea, but I don’t ruin as much as you do.” I shot back quickly.
“Did I mess up a lot?” Alex asked sympathetically.
“Yea, but it’s my fault for not thinking.” I said.
“It’s kind of hard to think anything though when that’s going on, at least for me it is.”
That was one of the sweetest things I’d heard him say. I kissed him quickly and then get under the falling water. Alex happily watched as I washed my hair and body. There was nothing that wasn’t entertaining to him, he even watched me shave.
We got out and dried off. Alex decided that he just wanted to go to bed as he was and then begged me to do the same when he saw me going for the pajamas I had put on earlier. I gave and put the towel I had wrapped wound me back on the shelf before following Alex into bed.
For a while we cuddled and kissed before we fell asleep.

“I’ve figured out the answer to my problem!” Courtney shouted as she barreled into my room.
“Which one.” I joked.
“Funny.” She said mock glaring at me with her hands on her hips.
“Who let you in here?” I asked.
I hadn’t heard the doorbell ring.
“Your mom was on her way out and told me to just go in. She said you were here studying or something like that. I went by Alex’s but he said you were home.”
“I can’t study over there. He distracts me all the time. What’s your answer though?”
“I’m going to send Zack a bowtie with prom and a question mark written on it and then two shirt cuffs with yes and no written on them. The only thing is I have to get a shirt to cut up and I can’t say anything to Zack until it gets to him. I also haven’t decided if I want him accept over the phone or send the yes cuff back to me.”
“What makes you think he’ll say yes?” I laughed.
“Shut up! Now, do you want to go to prom with Alex?” She asked sitting on my bed.
“There in no prom for college kids.” I said.
“No silly! I mean my high school prom.”
“How would we manage that since I’m no longer there?” I looked at her skeptically.
“I have it all figured out. See some friends and I have been talking about this and they would be willing to have a form saying that they were taking someone outside of the school with them to prom so long as they are twenty or younger and then their dates will go in on their own. Then once we’re all in then we can switch to who we’re really going to prom with.” She said excitedly.
“First, that would be great. Second, it can’t work.”
“Why not?”
“Alex is twenty-one.”
“Fake ID.” She rolled her eyes.
“What to make him younger? He’ll get a kick out of that.” I laughed to myself.
“So yes or no?”
“I’ll have to speak with Alex.”
“Let me know within three days. That’s when bids go on sale!”
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter. Yay! Sorry it took so long. Thank you to the ones who stuck with me on this story!
Camments? Good start? Lemme know!