Can't Stop, Won't Stop

Hard to See

“Sunny? Sun? Wake up.”

I scowled and opened up my eyes to glare at whoever it was that thought waking me up was a good idea. Not that I could see who it was anyway, but still. I hated being woken up.

“Bitch,” I growled.

Whoever it was chuckled, “Chill, Sunny. It’s just me.”

I sighed. It was only George.

“Sorry,” I mumbled.

He ruffled my hair, “It’s fine. I know how you hate waking up, but J was throwing a bitch fit.”

“Why?”

“No idea.”

“Jorel!” I yelled. I could hear my voice echo on the walls.

“Fuck, woman! Can’t you see I’m sleeping?”

I sharply turned to my left, remembering that Aron fell asleep next to me last night.

“No, Aron, it’s kind of hard to see that.”

He didn’t say anything for a while, “Sorry.”

“It’s ok. I’m just a bitch in the morning,” I apologized.

I heard footsteps approach, “What?!”

I smiled at the sound of Jorel’s voice, “Well good morning to you too.”

George chuckled.

Jorel sighed, “What did you want?”

“George said you were throwing a bitch fit and wanted me awake.”

I was pretty sure Jorel was glaring at George, or something of the like. George would probably just shrug because he was only telling the truth.

I know them both well enough now to make assumptions like that.

“I was just…wondering what you wanted to do today.”

I raised an eyebrow, “Um, I dunno. Get drum lessons from Matt?”

“The drum won’t be the only thing you’re banging-OW!”

Matt shut up and I heard something hit the floor.

“Hey! Who threw something at the pussysnake?

“J did it,” George coughed.

“Hey! You would’ve done the same!” Jorel argued.

“True. But you beat me to it.”

“Stop being a smartass.”

“I will when you stop being an overprotective dick!” George’s voice suddenly got louder.

“Where the fuck did that come from?”

“You know where!”

“That doesn’t even make sense!”

I sighed.

“You know what I’m talking about!”

“What’s going on in here?”

“Well, Charlie, you’re just in time to hear Johnny yell at me for no reason!”

“No reason?! Just leave her alone! She doesn’t need you butting into everything she does all the time!”

“Johnny-”

“No, Charlie. Let him finish.”

Now Matt was in on it too?

“Fuck off, Kurlzz!”

“Hey now, J, leave the poor pussysnake alone.”

“Guys…” I interrupted quietly.

“Stay out of it, Sun!” Jorel commanded.

“See?! That’s it! Stop telling her what to do! She’s not yours!”

“Johnny, not now-”

A light bulb clicked in my head. I tried to remember what happened last night. I heard George and Jordan talking about something…something about Jorel being upset if they touched me and he didn’t know about it.

“No! Right now!” George said, his voice still raised. I visibly flinched with each syllable he spoke. He could be pretty intimidating when he was angry.

“I’m just trying to protect her!” I could hear the strain in Jorel’s voice as he spoke.

“Well stop! Just stop it, J! She doesn’t need it!”

“She doesn’t need this either!”

I sighed again as the guys continued to argue. Was that all they ever did anymore?

“Guys! Shut up!”

The two voices went silent. I hardly ever yelled, and when I did, I was usually pretty pissed.

Like now.

“You guys need to stop fighting! I don’t care what it’s about! Enough is enough!”

I was on the verge of tears now. Not because I was sad, but because I was just so frustrated. I knew they were arguing about me, and even if I didn’t understand, I wanted it to stop. Now.

“Sun-”

“Sunny-”

“No!” I cut them off, “I don’t know why you two are yelling at each other over me, but I’m not worth it! Your friendship is more important that whatever it is you’re fighting about with me!”

I kind of assumed that the other guys had all left the room or were busying themselves with something else. Dillon once told me that the minute I got angry, they all fled.

Why I’ll never know…

An angry tear slipped from the side of my right eye and I balled my hands into fists.

I took a deep breath and spoke in a calm voice, “I just don’t want you guys to fight. Yes, I know J is overprotective and I know that it bothers you, George, but that’s just the way it is. It’s what I’ve grown used to. Jorel, you don’t need to worry about me so much. I’ll be fine, really. George does have a point. On the other hand, I appreciate when not just you, J, but all of you guys are protective of me. You guys are my life and I don’t know what I’d do if I never met you.”

Another tear ran down the right side of my face. I heard a footstep, probably one of the two trying to step closer and wipe it away, but I turned my face away from the two of them.

“Sun-”

“Sunny-”

“No!” I interrupted again, “Don’t say anymore! You’ve done enough! Just, hug and make up. And don’t yell at each other anymore, please?”

Yelling, screaming, fighting, whatever. It always upset me more than it should. My parents fought a lot when I was younger and even if it had nothing to do with me, I still would go sit in my room and cry about it.

Such a crybaby, I was. I still am. I need to learn to toughen up.

When my parents did fight about it, it was even worse. I was a wreck. I was afraid that my parents would break up because of me. They never did, but they ended up forcing me to leave, anyway. Still, I hated being in the middle of things.

Now I’m afraid I’ll break up the guys’ friendship.

“I just don’t want to come between any of you,” I continued, “you guys need to stick together and not worry about me as much.”

I hadn’t heard anything for a while and I was afraid that the guys had left.

“Guys?”

“We’re here, Sun.”

The corner of my mouth twitched. Of course Jorel would be the first to answer.

“George?”

“You know I wouldn’t leave.”

My mouth twitched again. Of course George would say something like that.

“Now kiss and make up,” I cooed.

“Fuck no!”

I heard Jorel gasp, “I thought you loved me!”

Johnny huffed, “You thought wrong.”

I frowned and walked over and slapped whoever was closest to me. I was thinking it was George.

“The fuck?!”

Yep. That was George.

“Hug. Now.”

I heard George sigh and mutter something about ‘doing it for Sunny’ before I assume, he turned to hug Jorel.

I couldn’t help but let a smile spread across my face. I had these guys so whipped.

A final tear, unexpectedly, fell out of my left eye and onto the floor in front of the two hugging guys.

“Sun?”

“Sunny?”

I continued to smile at them, “Ironic, huh?”

“What?” they both replied.

“Three tears,” was all I said.

I felt arms wrap about me, “Sunny.”

I rested my head on George’s chest, and took in a deep breath, catching a whiff of his cologne.

He smelled kind of nice, actually.

“Hey!”

I giggled as I was gently pulled out of George’s arms and into someone else’s.

“My turn.”

I bit my lip to keep from smiling. Jorel could be so territorial sometimes.

And I liked it.
♠ ♠ ♠
woo! second chapter in one night! yeah!

I also haven't proofread this one yet, just so you know.

but I will tomorrow! :)

this one's a bit more dramatic...

hope you like it!

comments? :D

Title Credit - Five Finger Death Punch