One of the Boys...Right?

Chapter 1

*Jess*

I yawned and stood up, picking up my backback, as the bus pulled to a stop in front of hell-I mean-the school. People ignored me as I let them pass me. I was the last one off as I looked for my friends, Bam, Ryan, Raab, Dico, Novak, and Kelsey.

"Bam!" I started running toward him and the others.

"JJ!" he yelled and shoved Dico aside, into a bush. I jumped into Bam's arms and nearly knocked him over.

"Wow. You're acting like you two haven't seen each other in 3 years." Kelsey rolled her eyes. I wasn't surprised at how wary she was acting. A few months ago, his friend Johnny launched a prank war on all of us, and Ryan was his sidekick. One morning they put tacks outside of our rooms, including the one me and Kelsey were sleeping in. Then Johnny brought in a mini bike and revved it to wake us all up. Kelsey was the first one out the bedroom door and ended up with about 4 tacks in her right foot. Then she passed out while Bam tried to get them out and I started to beat the shit out of Johnny. Since then, she hasn't participated in any pranks.

"Hi to you too, Kels." Bam laughed and she accepted a hug from him.

"Thanks, asshole. I have grass stains." Dico rolled out of the now flattened bush.

"Come on, kids, class starts in 20 minutes." a teached pointed toward the school.

"Let's go find out who has locker 666!" I exclaimed. The boys took off running while I linked arms with Kelsey as we walked.

"Junior year." I laughed.

"Scary." Kelsey smirked.

"JJ, You lucky bitch!" Bam whined as we neared locker 660.

"What?" I asked. Bam was holding my schedule.

"Where the hell did you get that?" I asked.

"I pulled it from your backpack when you weren't looking." he grinned and gave me the paper.

"I win! The magical locker is mine!" I looked at the paper and saw that I had locker 666. My friends headed toward their own lockers and I was left alone.

"Hey there, locker friend." a voice breathed in my ear. I turned around and saw Chase.

"What the hell do you want?" I scowled.

"You." he grinned.

"Aw. Your girlfriend dumped your ass already? What's it been...15 minutes?" I asked.

"To tell you the truth, I only went out with her to make you jealous. But it didn't work. You're too good for that." he moved in closer and put his hands on my locker on each side of my head, closing the space between the two of us.

"Because I don't like you." I grimaced.

"You don't get it, Jessica. I get what I want." his smooth voice had a threatening edge to it.

"Hey, Chase, what the hell's going on?" Bam's greeting also had a threat to it.

"We were just having some alone time." Chase's eyes never left mine.

"Well, it doesn't look like Jess is too comfortable." Bam pulled me out of the small space Chase's body had created.

"She'll get used to it." Chase smirked.

"Listen, you might be forgetting that she just turned 16, but I know you better. If you so much as lay a hand on her, I'll shove my foot so far up your ass, you'll be coughing up shoelaces." Bam threatened. Did I mention that Bam was super overprotective of me when we weren't pranking each other and other people? Well, he is.

"Is there a problem here?" a teacher walked up to us.

"Nope." I replied.

"Then start going to class. The bell rings in five minutes!" she said before she walked away.

"Come on, Bam. Let's go." I pulled on his arm as I walked away. I thought about what Chase had said to me...

"You don't get it, Jessica. I get what I want."

"I get what I want."
♠ ♠ ♠
Jess' outfit