Beautiful Hunger

Always Fine

I stepped through the school doors for the first time in three months. I could say that I didn't miss it one bit, but I'd be lying. I was glad to know that now I'd at least have something to do with my day. I made my way through the groups of excited chattering students and made my way into the auditorium. This was my senior year, my last year of school before I was finally finished with this shit. I took my seat near the front of the auditorium, leaving a space of about four seats between me and the end of the isle for my best friends. Brittanie was the first one to sit down next to me.

"Rayven!" She said, sitting down next to me with a happy smile.

"Hey, Brit!" I said engulfing her in a welcoming hug. "How was California?" I asked.

"Don't wanna talk about it. My grandparents drove me crazy." She chuckled, dropping her overflowing backpack on the ground in front of us.

"I'm sorry, that sucks. My mom was a bitch all summer, I missed you! I was all alone!" I said with a smile. Suddenly the lights went out as the curtain raised. Just like the year before and the year before that, the entire staff was sitting in chairs on the stage. Brittanie tapped my shoulder, leaning over to me.

"Where are Alexis and Jhonny?" She asked, motioning to the two empty seats next to her.

"Probably having sex somewhere..." I said. Jhonny and Alexis have been going out for three years now and I'm just gonna say that their sex flame hasn't died out yet, not even close.

"Probably..." She said, averting her eyes to the stage.

Our balding principal made his way to the stage, making sure that his steps caught our attention as his dress shoes hit the wooden floor. Mr.Warner was his name, and he looked like the offspring of Mr.Clean. Some students called him "The Amazing Reflect-O" because of how his empty head shined in the light.

"Welcome back students. Welcome to year 2009-2010. All the teachers are very excited to see you guys again and welcome the new faces as well as I am." He said receiving a few claps from the sarcastic students in the back. "Thank you." He said, taking the false comment happily. "Well, we have a new addition to the staff this year, he'll be taking the place of our art teacher Mrs.Keller who has retired. I would like you all to meet Mr.Gerard Way." He said, stepping away from the Mic as a man stood up in the back.

He made his way to center stage, smiling a cute crooked smile. His black hair hung down to his shoulders and slightly covered his left eye. He was wearing a black vest over a long sleeved white shirt with a red tie to top it off. His pants complimented his legs perfectly and hung over the top of his converse. He didn't look as old as all the other teachers, late twenties...early thirties possibly.

"Hey guys." Mr.Way greeted, obviously nervous. "This is my first year of teaching anything. I'm fresh meat when it comes to this kind of thing so take it easy on me." He added, chuckling a little.

"I'd hit that, dude." I told Brittanie, keeping my eyes on Mr.Way.

"The only thing I'd hit that with is my car." Brittanie added.

"Are you kidding?! He is fucking georgeos!" I said, finally gathering the strength to rip my eyes away from him.

"I know..." She said, laughing a little.

"Well...as Mr.Warner added...I'll be teaching art this year. Art was always my favorite subject and I hope I can make it a great experience for all of you..." He said before turning away, and sitting back down. Almost everyone in the auditorium began clapping as soon as he was done and walked back to his seat behind all the other teachers. I was disappointed in his choice of seating, neither me or Brittanie could see him from where we were sitting. The clapping continued and almost immediately stopped once Mr.Warner grabbed the Mic.

"I'd like to take this time to introduce the rest of our staff..." He said and began reading down the list of all the teachers in our school, telling us the names, class room numbers and what they taught. Most of the students layed their heads down on the seats in front of them, trying to drown out Mr.Warner's monotone voice. He loved his own voice and made it completely obvious by constantly using it.

"That's all I've really got to say. I hope you are all looking forward to another great year. Feel free to make your way over to the main hall and pick up your schedules, they will be ordered according to your grade level and first letter of your last name." He said just before the curtain lowered, and all the students stood up. Me and Brittanie stayed in our seats, waiting for all the other students to leave so that we wouldn't get squashed in the stampede. As soon as the auditorium was silent we stood up and grabbed our bags. We were both surprised when Mr.Way came out of the side door on the stage, sighing as he ran his hands through his black hair and suddenly stopping once he noticed that we were still there.

"Why aren't you guys off with the other students?" He asked, leaning against the wall.

"We wanted to...wait." Brittanie said, looking at him in wonder. I expected her to start drooling.

"Oh, okay..." He said and began to walk away. We followed quietly behind him almost bumping into him when he suddenly turned around.

"Did I...do good up there?" He asked nervously. "I don't do too well in front of crowds.." He added shakily.

"Yeah, you were fine." I said, causing him to smile a little and continue walking.

Brittanie leaned over to me and whispered "...He's always fucking fine..." She said, looking at his ass as he left. Mr. Way pretty much ran up the walkway, pulling something out of his bag once he was far enough ahead of us and running quickly out of the school.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, tell me what you guys think :)