Punk Princess: Skater Boy, Trouble, and Music

Homecoming

To say I was mad would be the understatement of the century, wait scratch that millennium. Here I was sitting on the cold stone seats outside Newark Liberty International Airport clutching my duffle bag that was covered in patches of my favorite bands waiting for my wonderful father to pick me up, note sarcasm. If things couldn't be worse my ipod ran out of battery.

You see I Avery Caitlyn Way have been sitting on this bench for nearly three hours waiting for my lovely father who I bet a million bucks forgot I even existed when I went to stay with my mom, step dad, and step brother in LA for winter break. That's what happens when your father is famous rock star though, got to deal with him constantly being gone on tour or at an interview but what could you expect from your father Gerard Way even after he won the hero of the year award. I still laugh about the irony.

With a loud groan in annoyance I pulled out my sidekick and dialed in my dad's number before pressing it against my ear. Ring. Ring. Rin- he actually picked up. "Hello," a grumpy annoyed voice said on the phone that had obviously just woken up.

"Hello father," I said in a sickly sweet voice resisting the urge to scream.

I could picture my dad shooting out of bed and pulling on some clothes to run out to the car and begin the two-hour drive to the airport. "Oh god Avery I'm so sorry I accidentally fell asleep I'm on my way," Gerard said in a guilty voice hanging up the phone. I knew it I should have told one of my friends to pick me up I mean Adam has a car but the only problem would be his parents would freak considering my plane arrived at nine and they wouldn't have been back until eleven.

Sighing for the billionth time that day I grabbed my black Jeffree Star hoodie out of my bag and pulled over my head ready to endure the two-hour wait. Now I remember why I hate winter so much it's fucking cold. My hands and face that were normally pale were almost blue by the time my dad pulled up in his black Mercedes-Benz. Instantly I shot up off the concrete bench and got in the passenger seat of the car throwing my bag in the back seat.

"What the hell you were five hours late, Gerard," I said putting emphasis on 'Gerard' while running my fingers threw my shoulder length black hair that my mom had taken me out and got my bangs cut and angled saying that my father should know a teenage girl needs to get her hair styled at least one every two months.

Gerard glanced over at me guilt covered his entire face, his hair was still messed up and his shirt was inside out from just running out of bed. "I'm sorry Avery I fell asleep on the couch," he lied. You see I know my dad he is terrible at lying,

"No you forgot like usual," I hissed turning the radio onto my favorite station 101X a punk rock station not even bothering to listen to his excuses. My dad was a hero in everyone's eyes but mine and that's just because I've never actually gotten to know him because he's never around. My Chemical Romance is constantly touring, it's what they're known for, which often leaves me stuck at my Grandparent's house during the tour.

It was a relief to spend winter break at my mom's house in LA with my stepfather, Eric, and stepbrother, Brandon. In my mind Eric is my dad and Gerard is the guardian that lets you do whatever you want. After nearly two hours the clock hit four a.m. as we pulled up to my dad's house that from the exterior looked like any other house but on the inside it was completely decked out with the latest technology and entertainment.

"I really am sorry Avery," Gerard said quietly as I grabbed my bag and shot out the car before walking across the perfectly moved lawn and into the house. This was how it worked Gerard would do something stupid like this and I would get mad at him and after not talking to him a couple days we would be back on the lets say hi when we see each other twice a day. I can't even remember the last time he took me out somewhere to spend time with me or even ate dinner with me. In fact Frank his band mate did that a lot more than him.

Silently I walked up the stairs into my sanctuary, my room. It was my favorite place in the house. It consisted of a King size bed with a black and green striped comforter, green walls with lyrics of my favorite songs written on them in black paint, black carpet, a desk set up with my lap top already plugged into the wall next to my big screen TV with my Xbox 360 set up, and of course two dolls on each side of the TV, Chucky and Tiffany the killer dolls, my best friends sense I was seven, Adam and Zach, got me for my birthday. Sure all this stuff was just gifts given to me by my 'dad' to keep me happy but who was I to complain people would kill for this stuff even if I wouldn't. Setting my bag down on my bed I pulled out my ipod speakers and plugged my ipod in it letting it charge while turning on one of my favorite bands Billy Talent.

Considering it's four in the morning and tomorrow is my last day of spring break why the hell should I even bother going to sleep? Groaning I dumped my entire bag out on my bed before putting on a pair of ripped jeans, a Jeffree Star t-shirt, and my precious black high top converses with green shoe laces and walking into the bathroom to apply my usual make-up which consisted of black eye shadow, green eye liner, and mascara. I only put make up around my eyes to make them stand out, they were a very pale blue that almost appeared white next to my pale skin.

Smiling for the first time that day I grabbed my skateboard that was propped up against the wall and slipped my sidekick in my pocket. "Bye Chucky. Bye Tiffany," I said running down the stairs and out the front door not even bothering to say goodbye to my dad.

My mind wondered as I walked down the sidewalk towards the skate park. Mostly I thought about what time I could show up and Adam, Zach, and Kyle's houses. Kyle was a strange thing, he seemed perfectly normal to me and was one of my best friends but it always seems that no one else likes him Adam and Zach included, which makes hanging out with all three a problem when all Zach does is throw insults at Kyle and Adam just ignores the kid completely. Adam is probably the nicest guy I've ever met and he's a complete and utter genius like I wouldn't be surprised if he got a perfect score on his SAT while Zach on the other hand is the most over protective yet perverted guy I've ever met, he's the one you run to when you need a laugh.

Then with them not liking Kyle was bad enough but when ever I dated Max for nearly eight months I was forced to break up with him three weeks ago because no one liked him, I don't know if it was because I was fifteen and he was seventeen or if they just all out right disliked him. After nearly thirty-minute walk (I really needed a car) I strolled up to the skate park just as the sun began to rise.

It was completely deserted. Go figure. Joyfully I skated around for a few hours getting back the skill I lost while I was at my mom's house and didn't skate once mainly due to the fact I was spending time with my stepbrother Brandon who may as well be my brother. Finally when it reached nine in the morning I left the skate park and made my way towards Adam's house.

Adam's family were the nicest people I've ever met, his dad, Dr. David Parker was head of one of the top Diagnostic teams in the country while his mother Mrs. Angela Parker was a stay at home mom, you know the kind of mom that's an amazing cook and always there for you. Slowly I walked down the sidewalk towards the Parker mansion. It was amazing completely gated with large iron bars that required a code to get inside they even had a butler named Geoffrey.

After typing in the six digit code ****** I walked threw the black iron gates up to the double French doors before walking inside not even bothering to knock. Mrs. Parker or Angela as she liked to be called by Adam's friends always welcomed me in her home. Darting up the stairs into Adam's room I was met by a big surprise, I had thought I would have to walk all the way over to Zach's house to wake him up but instead I was met by two boys laying across the floor covered in candy wrappers with the opening menu for Saw 3 on the screen ready for someone to press play.

Adam was still holding a candy bar with his dark shaggy brown hair messed up from the uncomfortable night on the floor while Zach had his legs propped up on the bed while his head was completely covered by a pillow only revealing his short black hair that was normally spiked up with gel but now looked like a mop of black. Setting down my skateboard I let out a slight scream before tackling both boys.

Instantly Zach shot up only to collide into my head while Adam on the other hand the moment he realized it was me engulfed me in a hug. "Avery your back!" Adam yelled his light hazel eyes shining with joy while Zach groaned and glared at me clutching his head.

"Hello Zach, Hello Adam, have any fun without me?" I asked smiling at both of them. Zach just snorted while Adam shook his head no before darting around his room grabbing clothes and running into the bathroom to change. "You guys completely ignored Kyle all break didn't you?" I asked Zach sitting on top of Adam's king size bed that would actually be fit for royalty.

"Duh, I don't know why you like him, he's weird," Zach said getting up and stretching before walking over to Adam's closet and grabbing some clothes for himself. Being Zach who is much more open then Adam he changed right in front of me much to my dismay. I just rolled my eyes and continued the conversation.

"I have to spend time with him today I haven't seen him all break, are you guys going to come with me or am I going to see you guys tomorrow at hell, I mean school," I retorted as Adam walked in fully clothed ready for the day.

Zach just rolled his eyes yet again pulling on a shirt while replying, "It's not like would ever leave you alone with him, come on lets go see It." It was what Zach and Adam always called Kyle, why was beyond me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it.
Please comment.
Yes I do have the entire story posted on Quizilla last year so I'm not stealing it as long as the username is the-young-crazed-peeling.
:)
Marieke