Punk Princess: Skater Boy, Trouble, and Music

Back From Cali

Chapter 2
"So how was the ride home with your dad?" Zach asked as I we made our way down the street towards Kyle's house knowing full well it was probably awful and awkward like any time my dad and I were together in a confined space.

"Oh fine he was only five hours late," I said with a fake cheerful voice.

Adam glared at nothing in particular, he hated when Gerard pulled stupid stunts like that. I smiled lightly at him wrapping my arms around his shoulders. I could proudly say that Adam was only an inch taller than me while on the other hand Zach was a half-foot taller than me much to my annoyance.

"Dude what the hell is wrong with your dad? What if something happened to you? He probably wouldn't remember until he got a call from the school tomorrow asking where you were," Adam hissed. I nodded in agreement as we quickly walked up towards the small house where Kyle lived. It was a simple stone house with flowers out front and almost had a cottage look to it.

Without knocking I walked inside knowing full well that his mom and dad would be at work already. The house was spotless as usual due to Mrs. Anderson being a complete neat freak. "Hey Kyle I'm back from Cali want to go to the movies with me! I want to see The Strangers," I yelled before gesturing for Zach and Adam to stay as I walked down the hallway to where I was pretty sure his room was.

Kyle's POV
I was sitting on my bed staring at one of the many pictures I had hung up around my room of Avery and me when I was shocked to hear her voice yell out threw the house, "Hey Kyle I'm back from Cali want to go to the movies with me! I want to see The Strangers" Instantly I glanced around making sure my room was presentable. What if she gets freaked out by all the pictures of her everywhere?

Quickly I darted out of my room slamming the door behind me and meeting her half way. Avery looked great like usual with her black hair falling loosely on her shoulders, pale blue eyes outlined by eyeliner, and she had on her usual attire of jeans and a t-shirt. "Avery your back," I said happily before wrapping my arms around her. She was the only person that likes me, I know Zach and Adam only act nice to me for her in fact they've threaten me countless times to stay away from her. I hate them one day I'll get Avery to see them for what they really are.

"Come on," she said showing off her pearly white teeth as she smiled before leading the way towards the front door. Running my fingers threw my short brown hair I couldn't keep the grin off my face, I was going to spend the whole day with Avery alone. My joy died when I saw Zach and Adam standing at my front door eyeing me with hate.

Quickly I took my place next to Avery as we walked out the door and began the ten-minute walk to the movie theater in the middle of town next to the mall and skate park. My eyes kept wandering over to Avery as she walked silently next to me listening to Adam and Zach talk about what they did over break. As soon as Zach noticed me looking at her he quickly wrapped an arm protectively around her shoulder and Adam squeezed in between us. Bastards.

"You know how my dad got married to Lyn-z during Project Revolution," Avery said keeping her eyes focused on the sidewalk, "I still haven't met Lyn-z and that was ages ago. I mean he leaves me for a few weeks and goes to New York to stay with her. Isn't that strange?"

I along with Zach and Adam stared at her in shock, "You still haven't met your step-mom?" I asked surprised as we walked past the many stores and restaurants that made up downtown West New York, New Jersey. Avery nodded in response as we walked up to the counter out front to buy tickets. Quickly I stepped in front of Avery and told the teenager behind the counter who looked like a complete loser with zits covering his face, "Two tickets for The Strangers," in a voice daring him to ask for my ID. The boy nodded in response and took the twenty-dollar bill that I handed him and gave me change and two tickets in return.

Flashing one smirk towards Zach who glared at me obviously mad that I was doing anything with Avery before turning around and giving her a ticket. She smiled lightly and gave me a hug before skipping into the movie theater me following close behind. I knew Zach and Adam weren't jealous or anything like that, they just didn't like me and that was fine as long as I got to spend time with Avery.

Avery's POV
I happily skipped into the movie theater in a much better mood now that I got to spend time with my friends plus I got to see a horror movie and I love horror movies. Not bothering to wait for the rest of the group or even Kyle I ran threw the theater probably earning odd looks as I walked The Strangers movie room and claimed four seats on the top row.

With in minutes all three guys joined me, Kyle on my right, Zach on my left, and Adam on Zach's left. Like any other horror movie while the rest of the audience were either screaming or shielding their eyes I was watching with out a fear in the world. Once you see enough horror movies you get used to the. Afterwards we just did what every teenager does in our town, we snuck into another movie.

By the time we actually left the theater it was dark outside and I was about to collapse from lack of sleep. "Zach," I called out to him putting on my puppy face, "Can I have a piggy back ride?" Zach groaned in response and was about to say no but suddenly nodded and let me jump on his back.

Zach's POV
I was about to deny Avery but the moment I saw Kyle open his mouth to voice he would let her I agreed. It was just plain creepy how much he wanted to hold Avery, and Adam and I would never trust him sense we walked into his room a couple years ago to find he had enough pictures and stuff to do with Avery it could be defined as a shrine. After seconds of being on my back she fell a sleep resting her head on my shoulder.

"Why don't you just leave," I hissed at Kyle glaring at him. No need to be nice now that Avery was a sleep. She was already a deep sleeper and the fact that she hadn't slept in nearly two days didn't help so she would be unlikely to wake up.

Kyle glared at me in response. "Yeah go away," Adam said hatefully. Adam was nice to just about everyone but he could not stand Kyle. Kyle looked to be losing his normally calm composure rather quickly.

Suddenly Kyle stopped walking and looked at us grinning, "You to may hate me but Avery doesn’t and that's what matters because as long as were friends you two will have to deal and believe me we will be friends for a very long time, " he said taking one looking at the sleeping Avery and walking away leaving Adam shaking with anger and I completely bewildered by what he said.

There was something very wrong with the kid and I didn’t like it. We continued walking silently until randomly the song Lies by Billy Talent began to play "Lies make it better Lies are forever Lies to go home to Lies to wake up to-" it took a whole two seconds until I realized it must be Avery's cell phone and laughed before saying, "In order to understand Avery you must first know her five obsessions, Billy Talent, Green Day, Skateboarding, Jack Skeleton, and Chucky." Adam nodded in agreement as he walked over and pulled out her sidekick and handed it to me.

As soon as I was about to open the phone and say hello I was cut off by someone yelling into the phone, "Avery where the fuck are you! I haven’t heard from you all day. You have school tomorrow get your ass home now." The line went dead, I don't know what it is but something inside me told me that Gerard wasn't in a very good mood.

"That was different," Adam mumbled taking the phone from me and began scrolling threw her pictures as we walked. "You know she has an awful lot of pictures of her and Max."

Max was Avery's ex-boyfriend, they went out for nearly eight months but she broke up with him last month. He was the only thing Adam and I have ever openly agreed with Kyle about, we hated his guts. We knew he was bad news and we weren't about to let our little Avery get hurt because of him. Avery was like my little sister in so many aspects so I take it upon myself to beat the crap out of anyone that hurts her.

"Breaking up with him was a good thing for her. I better not catch him bothering her or he won't be able walk again," I threatened as we walked up to Avery's house. Adam and I had a routine first we drop off Avery then I walk with Adam to his house before making my way back to mine that way I dodge my dad as much as possible. You see my dad is a perfectionist and I don’t live up to his standards while my brother Logan lives up to all of them. I tried to dodge being home as much as possible.

Quietly I walked into the house with Adam and walked up the stairs only to dump Avery on the bed and kiss her on the cheek. We had almost made it down the stairs when Gerard appeared his black hair framing his pale white face as he glared at both of us obviously not in a good mood. "Where is she and who the fuck are you two? What is my daughter doing with either of you?" he hissed obviously thinking one of us was dating her. This was just sad we've been best friend with her sense elementary school and he didn't know who we were.

"Upstairs asleep," Adam said as we began inching towards the exit. Gerard let out a loud groan before walking into the living room. There was only one thing on my mind as we ran out the front door away from Gerard who was shockingly intimidating and that was it sucks to be Avery in the morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love comments to death so it would be awesome if you told me what you think. :) Marieke