Punk Princess: Skater Boy, Trouble, and Music

Deleted Messages

Chapter 5
When I woke up the next morning I was almost shocked to find myself snuggled into the silky covers of Adam's huge bed but then yesterday flooded back and I groaned pulling my stuff off the bed making sure not to wake up Adam. It was six-thirty so school didn't start for another two hours. With out making a noise I walked over to my messenger bag and pulled out my sidekick to find ten missed calls, three voice messages and four text messages, holding the phone I pressed the phone to my ear and pressed play…

"Avery I'm so sorry I completely forgot. Please pick up-" realizing it was my dad I just pressed the delete button and waited for the next message.

"I know you were looking forward to going to the mall but I can't help it when things to do with work pop up. This is getting ridicules answer your-" Delete.

"Can you please just call me and let you know your alright I'm worried about you. I know your mad and I would be to-" Delete. I don't care how he feels he wasn't the one that was forgotten and left. What if I hadn't had Adam I would be stuck there until I gave into my stubbornness and called him, which I shouldn't have had to do in the first place.

With a loud sigh I began scrolling threw my text messages deleting everyone of them until I cam across the last one that surprised me it was from Max, my ex-boyfriend. I miss u babe plz call me I want 2 talk 2 u again what we had was good we shouldnt lose it.

Not replying I shoved it back and my bag and went over to Adam's dresser. Zach and me decided to each claim a drawer of Adam's dresser because we were over here so much. Quickly grabbing clothes I walked into his bathroom and took a shower before changing into a shirt that had a little green frog on it and said 'Cut Class Not Frogs', a pair of black and white stockings, a black skirt that had chains on it and a pair of green low top converses. Then I simply applied black eye liner and mascara before walking over and shaking Adam awake. It was already seven-thirty and I wanted to leave in time to go to Starbucks.

Groaning as he rolled out of the bed Adam got up and walked into the bathroom as I made my way down stairs smiling in a much a better mood then I was yesterday. Much to my delight I was met by Mr. and Mrs. Parker or as they liked to be called David and Angela who both smiled lightly and ushered me to sit down and share there breakfast with them, which consisted of homemade French Toast, sausage, bacon, and eggs. Happily I ate some French toast while talking about random stuff like how my classes were and if I was thinking about college and stuff like that until Adam came down stairs and announced he was ready to go.

"Bye Angela. Bye David. Thanks for having me over," I as I followed Adam out to his car and took my usual spot in the passenger seat. Adam turned on the ignition and pulled out of his drive way only stopping to type in the code for the gate before driving off towards Starbucks to fulfill my need for coffee.

"Hey Adam, don't tell Zach or Kyle but Max texted me last night," I said quietly putting in the first Billy Talent CD in the amazing music system and turned the base up loud.

Adam jerked his head in my direction surprised and obviously not very happy. "What the hell did he want? He's a bastard you should tell Zach and he'll take care of him." That's what I'm afraid of I thought to myself.

"He wanted to get back together," I said trying to play it off like it was no big deal, which it wasn't but knowing my friends they would make it a big deal but I have faith Adam will keep a level head and not mention it to anyone,

"I'll fucking kill him!" Maybe my impression of Adam was bit off. I didn't speak until we pulled up to the deserted Starbucks and strolled inside towards the counter. The teenage boy behind the counter, Ben, smiled at us. We were his favorite customers or so he says. He graduated last year and now works at Starbucks to help himself threw college.

Adam says that he checks me out all the time but I've never noticed. "Hi Ben," I said smiling at my red headed friend. His round blue eyes jerked over towards our direction and a smile spread across his face.

"Avery, Adam, so nice to see you I'm guessing usual?" Ben asked before he began to prepare the drinks not expecting an answer. "So how's school?"

"Fantastic," I mumbled sarcastically accepting my white chocolate mocha and setting down a five dollar bill on the counter. As soon as Adam got his coffee I screamed cheerfully already feeling the coffee effect me and yelled, "Bye Ben" before walking out the door and getting into Adam's car. The ride to school consisted of small talk about what we were up to today both of us making sure to dodge the topic of yesterday like it was a plague.

When we arrived we quickly strolled up to the picnic table and began the day. It was a rather boring day considering I wasn't paying attention in any of my classes. The only even remotely interesting thing that happened was Piper attempted to get Zach to go out with her and it was funny to watch the normally perverted Zach completely uncomfortable.

As soon as the bell rang signaling school was out I darted to my locker shoving my homework in my messenger bag so fast I nearly missed the neatly folded not taped to my locker door. I grabbed it and shoved it in my messenger bag before slamming my locker door shut and began walking out front only to have Kyle join me. "Hey Avery do you want to go to the mall with me on Friday?" Kyle asked casually.

"Sure," I mumbled not really paying attention I just realized I was going home today, which meant I would have to talk to my dad.

"Your thinking about your dad," Kyle declared wrapping an arm around my shoulders, "Don't it's his loss. He just has no idea how awesome a person you are and how lucky he is to have you." I giggled quietly, it did cheer me up a bit.

Silently we walked over to Adam's car and stood there waiting for him. "So Adam's giving you a ride?" he asked receiving a nod from me. I always got rides from Adam, he passed my house on the way to his to and from school. "Well then I'll catch you later and don't forget about us hanging out on Friday." Not waiting for an answer Kyle stalked off and began walking home while I stood there leaning against Adam's car waiting until finally after about ten minutes of waiting Adam made his way out to his car his head held low.

"Adam what's wrong," I shrieked as he walked up. He stared at the ground note replying his shaggy brown hair hanging in front of his face, Silently I moved the hair out of his face and immediately saw the problem, his right eye was completely swollen and an ugly purple black color. "Oh god who did that to you?" I asked running my fingers delicately around the edge of the bruise watching him jerk away in pain.

"I got Matt mad," Adam mumbled looking down in shame. I just wrapped my arms around him in a comforting hug before grabbing his keys and telling him, "Get in I'll drive you home." Adam didn't say a word as he got in the passenger seat and continued staring at the ground drowning in shame.

My eyes kept wandering over towards Adam as I glanced over at him. I knew he got really embarrassed when one of the football player's beat him up and it killed me that he didn't even try to fight back saying that they'll regret it later. "Adam this was not your fault. Matt is the biggest scum on Earth don't let this bother you," I tried to comfort.

"I know," he mumbled, "Its just every time something like this happens either you or Zach always gets in trouble for picking a fight with one of them while I just get the shit beat out of me. How pathetic am I?"

"You are far from pathetic ," I said typing in code to iron gate as we pulled up to his house. As soon as the gate opened I slowly drove inside and parked the car not getting out. We were going to talk this out.

"My friends fight my battles," Adam whispered still looking down at the ground. Anger swelled up, my best friend was hurt, and I was going to kill Matt.

Hugging him I said softly, "Adam you are the nicest person I have ever met. I would probably be dead if it wasn't for you. You are a genius that is going to get somewhere in life, just because you aren't good with your fists doesn’t make you pathetic. It's your one weakness and everyone has to have one but me and Zach try and make up for it because we love you."

Adam slowly looked up at me nodding before burying his head in my shoulder. We sat there without speaking for god knows how long as I held him. He was my best friend and after last night I would sit there for hours until he was ready to go inside and face his mom who would make a fuss over it. "Thanks Avery," he said randomly getting up. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Call me," I yelled after him as he began walking towards the house. Quickly I got out of the car not even bothering to lock it. No one would be able to get threw the gates. Pulling out my ipod I plugged my headphones in and began listening The All-American Rejects. The walk was rather boring consisting of me mainly day dreaming about beating the shit out of Matt tomorrow until I walked up to the house and saw three cars that did not belong to my dad or I sitting out front.

Curious I picked up the pace and walked into the house shoving my ipod in my bag as I walked into the living room to see three people and my dad sitting there all laughing about something. Instantly I recognized one as being my Uncle Mikey and the other as being Frank Iero from My Chemical Romance but then there was girl that sat next to my dad with his arm wrapped around her. She had stylish black hair, a pale face, and her arms were covered in tattoos, which was kind of ironic because my dad was petrified of needles. I guessed she was Lyn-z my step mom.

As soon as I walked in the room all eyes were on me as I stood there looking at my dad daring him to ask where I've been. He must have noticed my look and decided to take a safe approach by saying, "There you are Avery, this is Lyn-z." I just shrugged my shoulders and nodded before turning around and walking up the stairs. In all honesty I really didn't care who she was, I didn't hate her and I didn't like her I mean I don't even know her but the fact still remains my dad one got married without seeing if I liked her and two without even telling me.

Throwing my bag on the ground I walked over to the large bookcase I had completely full of movies and CDs and picked out my Jack Off Jill CD and put it in my stereo listening to the rather disturbing lyrics while I started my math homework. As soon as I put the title on my paper I heard a knock on my door over the music. Rolling my eyes I didn't open it or say anything thinking it was my dad who I didn't particularly want to talk to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys I'm up to nine subscribers and it awesome.
:) :) :)
I'm going to a Green Day concert today.