Punk Princess: Skater Boy, Trouble, and Music

Rome Wasn't Built in a Day

Frank Ireo's POV
When Avery walked out of the living room with out saying a word everyone looked at Gerard expecting him to know what was up with her but all he did was shrug just like her before saying, "I don't know what's up with her." Rolling my eyes I got up with out a word and walked up the stairs just as the music started playing in her room.

I knocked loud enough for her to hear me over the music but I got no reply so without permission praying that I didn't walk in on the girl I saw like a little sister naked or something like that. Much to my relief she was sitting on her bed working on what looked to be homework. The second she saw me her head shot up like she was going to start yelling but when she saw who it was she jumped off the bed letting the text book fall on the ground and hugged me.

"Frankie," she yelped happily. I smiled down at her now this was the Avery I knew.

"Now what was going on down there," I said sitting on her bed, "And don't lie I know something's up and your dad knows he was acting weird down stairs. Most people would yell at you because I heard him tell Mikey you didn't come home last night." My mind was trying not to think the worse of the fact she hadn't come home last night.

Sighing Avery sat down next to me and said in a meek voice, "Well I guess it all started when I found out he got married and I'd never met the girl before and he never asked my opinion. You know just now was the first time I'd met Lyn-z." I was shocked Gerard hadn't introduced them yet? She continued, "Well over Spring Break I stayed at my mom's house and he forgot to pick me up from the airport and by the time he actually got there I'd been sitting out front waiting for five hours. Then yesterday he said that he hasn't been acting like a very good father and wanted to make it up to me by taking me to the mall after school but when the time came and I was waiting out front he never showed up. My friend Adam gave me a ride to his house and I slept there instead of coming home."

My mind could barely comprehend the information. I knew Gerard didn't have the closest relationship with Avery but this was just ridiculous. How could he forget her at the airport and then the very next day forgets to pick her up from school. I used to feel guilty when I realized I had a better relationship with Avery then her own father does but now it just pisses me off he hadn't put nearly enough effort into this.

"He shouldn't have done that," I finally said lamely how was I suppose to act? "I'm going to take care of this now you do your homework and I'll be back." I shot out the door and walked into the living room to see all three of them still chatting like nothing was wrong. "Gerard can I talk to you?" I asked bringing the attention on me. Gerard nodded and we both walked into the kitchen out of range of Mikey and Lyn-z.

"What the hell are you doing Gerard? How could you forget her at an airport? What if she got hurt? Then the next day you forget to pick her up to take her to the mall an event that was suppose to mend forgetting her at the airport. Why didn't you introduce her to Lyn-z you two have been married for months and this is the first time they've ever met. She's your kid and you don't know anything about her. You can't just leave her alone and expect her to be fine, " I ranted at him as stood there dumbstruck.

I knew what I said would hurt but he had to face up to reality he can't just ignore her and hope she doesn't get into trouble, that's stupid. He's lucky she had morals. "I'm sorry," he mumbled guilt plastered on his face.

"I'm not the one you should be apologizing to, you should begging that girl upstairs to forgive you because if you keep this up she won't be here much longer, she's fifteen in two years she's moving out and if you don't fix this now you won't see her again for a long time," I finished up my speech leaving out the thought that had occurred to me that she might not stay here that long, I can picture her staying at Adam's house. Unlike Gerard I know Avery and spend time with her indicating why she hugged me.

Gerard stood there taking in everything his face showing he was trying to figure something out before finally he said in a determined voice, "I'm going to fix this."

"You better," was all I said before walking back into the living room and taking a seat next to Uncle Mikey. Gerard joined us seconds later a fake smile plastered on his face but you could see in his eye his mind was planning.

Avery's POV
As soon as Frankie left I ditched the homework and just began laying on my bed thinking or at least that was until my cell phone went off. If I could have heard the ring tone I wouldn't have picked it up but because I couldn't I flipped my sidekick open while pressing pause on the music and said in a fake happy voice, "Yellow." Yes I'm strange but what can I say?

"Avery," a deep voice said in an excited voice, immediately I placed it as Max my ex-boyfriend, the one all my friends hate.

My temper already drawn short for the day I changed my tone and hissed, "What do you want Max? You know Zach wouldn't be very happy if he knew you kept calling me." I knew for a fact I wasn't planning on telling Zach but he didn't know that.

My comment only got a laugh from, "Avery my dear we went out for eight months we both know you won't be telling Zach because you like me way to much. I know the only reason we broke up is because of your friends and I don't think that's a good enough reason to destroy something like us."

He obviously didn't understand my friends came before any guy. Rolling my eyes I said in a strong voice, "Max stop calling me. When I said it was over I meant it." With that note I hung up on him and shoved my sidekick in my pocket until I felt a piece of paper. Pulling it out I realized it was the same one that was taped onto my locker door today.

A smile appeared on my face as I unfolded it and read-
Avery, I heard you talking to Adam yesterday about how you thought this was a joke and no don't frown (I was frowning) I'm not stalking you I just over heard, I'm quite serious when I say this is no joke. It was great how you stood up for Adam yesterday I couldn't help but be happy, from the very serious -Skater Boy-.

So this wasn't a joke apparently, which once again surfaces the question who is Skater Boy? I mean I know every skater in our high school (There aren't many) and I can't think of any one of them giving me these notes. Sighing I stood up and placed it on the night stand next to the other note before walking over to my bag and pulling out all the other notes people send to me and put them in the bottom dresser drawer. You see I keep every note that gets sent to me and put them in a drawer, I'm not entirely sure why I do it but I just do.

Lying back down on my bed I actually finished my homework for the first time in probably three years. The only reason I got good grades and managed two AP classes was I aced the tests and at least got a C on homework assignments. The rest of the week went by like normal, with the exception of Lyn-z hanging around the house. It was strange waking up in the morning and seeing her and my dad in the kitchen eating breakfast and stuff. I still hadn't talked to either of them. It was Friday when normality changed, I walked into the house at around nine after spending the afternoon with Kyle at the mall like I said I would.

Gerard and Lyn-z were cuddled up together on the couch watching a movie but as soon as Gerard saw me he called me over, "Avery we need to talk." Rolling my eyes I just stood there waiting for him to say something. "Lyn-z and I decided that it was time for her to move out of her apartment in New York and move in here. This may be a change but we can work this out.”

Most teenagers would scream at him for not asking for their opinion first but I was so used to it I just said, "Whatever, " and walked upstairs. It must of appeared like I didn't care but in reality it hurt. It wasn't because Lyn-z was moving in because I didn't like or dislike her it was because he hadn't asked me about it first. He hadn't asked me if I was okay with him marrying her, or if I wanted to be there or anything he just did it.

When my sidekick started going off playing the ring tone She Hates Me by Puddle of Mudd telling me it was a certain ex-boyfriend. He had called me at least three times a day for the past week. Adam was the only one who knew he was calling and even he didn't know how often it was. Picking up the phone not even bothering to say hello I yelled not thinking whether or not Lyn-z or my dad could hear me, "Stop Fucking Calling ME!!!" Then I hung up and threw my sidekick on the ground before just screaming in annoyance.

It was a stupid choice because seconds later my dad was banging on the door yelling, "Avery are you alright? What's wrong? What happened? Does this have anything to do with Lyn-z moving in?" Now he cares? That's great maybe I should start screaming bloody murder more often to get attention, wait I think I finally understand why there are so many fucked up celebrity children, they want their parents to notice them.

"I'm fine," I said when he finally stopped asking questions. Truth be told I didn't feel fine so I grabbed my skateboard shoved my cell phone in my pocket and walked right past my father as I went for the door.

Gerard stared surprised that I came out before recovering and asking, "Where are you going? Are you meeting a guy? Remember what I said about boyfriends, I have to meet them."

I nearly laughed, he hadn't met either of the two boyfriends I've had. Hell he had only ever met my 'boyfriend' when I was six and truth be told he didn't like that six-year-old boy anywhere near his little girl. Rolling my eyes like I did in every conversation with my dad I walked out the front door ignoring his calls for to me stop before breaking out into a run and running the entire two miles to the skate park.

By the time I got there I was out of breath and my mind was racing thinking about everything yet nothing at the same time. I was surprised to see someone else there, it was boy six foot four, muscular build, and wearing a pair of blue jeans and a gray sweatshirt with the hood up. He almost looked out of place at the skate park but his skill on the board said otherwise, he was pretty good not pro or anything but pretty good.

After watching him for a couple seconds I shook my head out the trance and began skating on the half pipe myself while he was in the bowl. It had been at least two hours until I finally stopped and walked over to the boy. The closer I approached him the more familiar he looked. If I didn't know any better I would have thought he was Zach because he had the same bluish green eyes, but this boy was a good three inches taller then Zach. That's when I realized who it was and said in a light voice, "Logan, I didn't know you could skate."

What was Logan Hamilton, Zach's brother, the star soccer player on the varsity team and one of the school's heartthrobs doing skating? A smile appeared on Logan's face as he said, "As much as Zach hates to admit it I taught him everything he knows about skateboarding."

"Really now," I giggled, "I should keep that in mind next time he pisses me off. Why are you here so late?"

"A better question Avery would be why are you here?" Logan said smirking lightly as clutched his skateboard.

I don't know what made me tell him but it just slipped out, I mean its not like I trust Logan or anything, all Zach does is talk crap about him when he gets brought up. "Well not only did my dad get married without mentioning it to me he announced today that she's moving in and I suppose the fact that my ex-boyfriend Max keeps calling me and won't leave me the fuck alone I lost it and walked out of the house."

Logan stared at me obviously not expecting me to tell him something like that but then he began grinning and said, "I wouldn't tell Zach about Max calling you he'd hunt him down and beat the crap out of him. Of course for once I can't blame him, Max is bad news I don't know how you ever dated him wasn't he arrested last year?"

I rolled my eyes while smiling, "Yeah, yeah, yeah, I've heard the same thing from all Zach, Adam, and Kyle. I think it's the first thing Zach and Adam have ever agreed with Kyle about but that's just my opinion." Logan was surprisingly easily to talk to perhaps my old-nick-name of Pretty Boy was not quite correct. It did prove one thing there were some skaters I didn't know about.

"Once again I have to agree with my kid brother Kyle's weird. You know he's only nice when you're around other then that he's a complete jackass. I swear he's obsessed with you." I sighed having heard this before to. I really had no idea what they were talking about, I'd known Kyle sense I was in sixth grade.

I don't know how it happened but somehow I managed to spend nearly an hour and half talking to one of the biggest jocks in school and afterwards traded numbers to text later. By the time I walked threw the front door of the house my dad was already fast a sleep and I suppose Lyn-z was to but I did my best not to think about that at all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey you thirteen amazing subscribers :)
I'm loving the attention this story is getting.
You guys are awesome