Status: Active....Thanks to XXfalling-overXX for the banner... again :]

New In Town

Chapter Twenty Three

Aiden's POV:

I observed Viv's reaction as I wiped the tears from eyes. She looked shock and slightly suspicious. "What?" She breathed incredulously. "He- he killed her?"

"Well, kind of." I replied. She exhaled in relief before asking me to explain. "My sister actually killed herself because of him. She was in love with him and he just- he-" I sighed having difficulty explaining what had happened.

"Broke her heart?" She asked trying to help me out of my stuttering fit.

"Broke it? He fucking disintegrated it. If I was her I would've done the same thing." I whispered the last part before feeling Viv's arms around me.

"Don't ever say something like that." She told me in a firm voice, burying her head in the crook of my neck. I hugged her back, holding her as tight as I could.

"Sorry, I didn't mean it. I-I mean I did, it's just-" I sighed, giving up on explaining myself and deciding to just sit there with Viv. I turned my head slightly to look at her, she looked like she was sleeping, so peaceful. "Viv?" I whispered, trying to catch her attention. She opened her eyes before moving her head to meet my gaze.

"Yeah?" She asked in a soft voice. I opened my mouth to say something but my mind went blank. I sighed again before rubbing my eyes in frustration. 'What's wrong with me?'

"Aiden, are you-" I cut her off before I could stop myself, catching her by surprise. I started moving my lips against her frozen ones, ignoring how tense she was, and rapping my arms back around her. I felt as she moved her hands to grab my collar, I responded by pushing myself closer to her.

Even though her hands were grabbing tightly onto my shirt, she remained tense and didn't move her lips but didn't push me away either. I moved my hands to her face trying, and failing, to get a response out of her. I finally pulled away, sighing in content.

"Viv?" I asked when she refused to look at me.

"I-I'm sorry. I have to go." She said before rushing to collect her things to leave.

"What? No, Viv please, wait!" I said getting up and rushing after her. I grabbed her wrist and turned her around to face me. I frowned as I saw her worried face, once again, refusing to look at me. "Look at me. Please?"

She looked up at me before deepening her frown.

[XxX]

Viv's POV:

"I have a boyfriend." I told him, observing how his expression rapidly changed from concerned to angry.

"He doesn't deserve you. You're too good for him!" I flinched at his outburst before backing up slightly. He frowned when he noticed my reaction. "Sorry," He apologized softly. "But it's true."

"Still, I don't want to cheat on him." I said before moving to leave. I opened the door when he didn't move to stop me and made my way back home. I stopped half way back to the flat when I realised it wouldn't serve as any sort of sanctuary. With Danny's mother still there, there was bound to be more drama when I got home.

'Shit' I thought as I started to walk again. When I finally reached my front door I could already hear the shouting voices coming from inside the apartment. I sighed and turned the key in the lock before walking inside. As soon as I stepped through the thresh-hold, the shouting stopped and both mother and son turned to look at me.

Andrea smiled apologetically and Danny frowned. "Hi, honey." Andrea said still smiling. I looked from her to my brother before bursting into tears. Dan looked completely shocked and ran to my side immediately, glaring at Andrea when she was about to do the same. She didn't move after that.

"Tell me what's wrong. Now." He said in an firm yet angry voice.

"Aiden! He- but Oliver, I just- but I didn't, but I did- and Zhora- and his sister!" I blurted out burying my face in my step-brother's chest who wrapped his arms around me.

"Ok, calm down. What happened with Aiden and Oliver? Who's sister? What the fuck is Zhora?" He asked getting slightly irritated with every word.

"Aiden. Aiden's sister. Zhora likes him and- and I'm a horrible friend because he kissed me and I didn't push him away. Why don't I ever push them away?!" I demanded pulling away to look at Dan.

"Sweetie, you really need to calm down. I didn't understand any of that apart from sister and pushing away." He was about to continue but turned to look at his mother instead. He sighed before turning back to and asking me if we could talk in my room as if he had only just realized, or remembered, his mother's presence. I just nodded before letting him take my hand and lead me to my room.

He closed the door behind us and we sat down on my bed before I told him, clearly this time, what had happened. "Oh," Was all he said when I had finished. I sighed before getting back up and walking to my closet.

"I'm sorry, I kind of over-reacted but just with your mum popping up, and you keeping secrets from me, and Aiden's confession, both of them, I just- I-I-"

"Don't worry about it," He interrupted "I understand. Maybe you should get a bit of sleep, and calm yourself down." I simply nodded as he got up and left the room before pulling out some pajamas and getting ready for bed. I wasn't looking forward to tomorrow.

[XxX]

I walked into school the next morning with an uneasy feeling making me almost feel nauseous. I searched the corridors for either Aiden, Oli or Zhora on my way to my locker but only found Alice, leaning against it. "Hey, Viv! How are you?" She asked cheerily only aggravating my already pretty bad mood.

"Shut up, Alice." I said, struggling to get my locker open.

"You're in a bad mood. I get it, and I'll let you sulk." She told me before flashing me the biggest smile ever. I merely stared at it in disgust and groaned as the late bell rang. "Oh! Gotta get going Viv or you'll be late for your first lesson!" She said, still smiling.

"Why are you so disgustingly happy?" I asked finally giving up on trying to get my locker open.

"Damien and I are going steady!" She yelled before pulling into a tight hug and squealing in my ear.

"Jesus! Alice! Bad mood remember." I told her angrily, pushing her away.

"Sorry, I'm just so happy!" I smiled slightly. She really did look happy... well, someone 'round had to be.

"I'm happy for you, you deserve someone good. Now I really have to go to class, see ya."

"Bye Viv!" She shouted down the hallway at my retreating back.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would like to thank all my lovely commenters and subscribers :]

Song Of The Chapter > Touch Me - The Doors

The last bit was kind of a preview type thing for the next chapter...

Please comment and subscribe :]