‹ Prequel: Something More
Status: Currently Editing/Revamping

That Should Be Me

018

I sighed when I heard the doorbell ring, what was Nick going to do?

“Go get the door, sexy.” Nick said as he slapped my butt when I got out of bed. I scowled at him and went downstairs to answer the door.

“Hi baby” Ricky said

“Hi” I said as I looked up at him. He leaned into kiss me but that’s when Nicholas came down stairs. I sighed as Nick said hello to Ricky. Ricky looked at him with confused eyes and stepped inside and I shut the door behind him.

*

I stared at Ricky, deciding if I should just kill his ass right there and then. Ricky opened his mouth to speak but I immediately cut him off, “What the fuck is your problem?” I asked him. He looked at me confused

“My problem? Maybe my problem is that you walk around here acting like you fucking own the girl. Well guess what Nick, you don’t.” He said and that was enough to send me off the edge. I was about to lunge for him but D stepped in front of me.

“D move.” I said

“No Nick, this is ridiculous just stop” She said to me, I looked at her with seriously confused eyes.

“I need to talk to you.” She said and I nodded and we went outside in the front.

“Nick, maybe we should just stop this.” She said.

“This?” I asked.

“Yes this, us or whatever we are” She said looking at the ground.

“Look at me.” I told her, she looked at me for a moment then her eyes flickered back to the ground.

“D if you seriously don’t want to be with me then I guess… I’m going to have to deal with that but if you’re just doing this because of him…-” I began and she cut me off.

“No I seriously don’t want to be with you.” She said quietly.

I put my hand on her cheek and she looked at me. “I love you.” I told her.

“No you don’t Nick, you’re in love with what we used to have and who I used to be. I’m not that girl anymore Nicky” She said.

“That doesn’t mean I don’t love you.” I told her. She muttered a whatever.

She really had changed, A lot.

~

I was lying, all I wanted was to be with him but to protect myself and Nicholas. I had to lie to him. I loved him.

“You’re right the ‘old’ D never used to hurt me as the ‘new’ one does.” he said

I stood quiet.

“So is this it?” He asked getting frustrated. “I guess so.” She said softly. I was so mad at her and it killed me.

"If you don't want to be with me fine, but you're sure as hell not staying with him" He said as he stormed back into my house. He punched Ricky in the face causing him to fall to the ground

"If you ever lay a finger on her again, you won't have any fingers left"

"I'm not scared of you" He replied

"Oh really?" Nick tried to punch him again but I grabbed his arm

"Nick stop, you're better than him"

"Don't touch me" He said as he ripped his arm away from me, “Don’t bother to ever talk to me again, you got that? You're a fucking bitch” He said in a harsh tone.

He stormed out of my house and just like that I never saw him again

*

It was my 22nd birthday, my brothers decided to take me to a bar to celebrate and that’s exactly what we did.

We were all drinking, well except Kevin, he was our ride home. This girl came up to me and we really hit it off and just as I was about to kiss her. She popped into my mind, ruining everything.

I walked over to Joe, he was terribly drunk and I asked him a question, “Joe have you seen or talked to D?” I asked, he looked at me and chuckled.

“Nick of courseeeee I haveee, silly.” He slurred.

“When?” I asked

“Wellll these past… fewww nightt, didn’t you knowwww I’m fuckingg her” He whispered the last part like a child and then he laughed.

I rolled my eyes and him and walked away. I knew I shouldn’t care that my brother was fucking my ex but I did care and that scared me a hell of a lot.

D would be 21 now and most likely very attractive, god I just wished I could- I cut of my thoughts, I don’t want to do anything to her.

I began walking over to Kevin to tell him I wanted to leave but then I heard a familiar voice and then that laugh. I ignored it and then bumped right into a girl.

“I’m sorry.” I said helping her up. “Itsss okayyy.” She slurred, she was obviously drunk, and she turned to face me.

Could my birthday get any worse?
♠ ♠ ♠
Woahh didn't see that big time jump didya? Well I have a lot planned for this story, I can't wait! Comment guys!