Fall Asleep with the Windows Open

I'm telling you, girl, there's no future for us

*
June 28th 1994.
Billies POV:

So I proposed to Adrienne. After an hour of Mike yelling at me, he gave me his blessing...good thing to cause who else was gonna be my best man?! Now the wedding is in four days, then tour the next day.We even bought a house, cause we cant exactly live here. But Mike bought one too and Tres staying here. Dumbfuck.

I havent even told Reiley yet. We are just starting to get back to being friends. Sometimes though I forget and I just want to kiss her or hold her like I used to, then I remember.

Mike woke me up off the couch this morning.
"Get up. Reileys coming over in ten minutes and your telling her about you getting married."
"Wha?" I asked yawning.
"You heard me. Do you not want her to come is that it?"
"No. Thats not it at all. I just dont want to jeopardize our friendship -"
"That ship has sailed. Just tell her." Adrienne was coming in a day or two and moving her stuff in the new place. Just then someone knocked on the door.I sat up while Mike answered it.

"Hey Bill." She said giving me a quick hug. Mike of course sat her down next to me. Jesus shes so...damn. Focus.
"Uhm, Ry, I have something to tell you. Its kind of important." She looked concerned.
"Im, uhm...Im marrying Adrienne...in four days." Her face was a mix of shock and excitement. Not what I was expecting.
"Awesome Billie! Im really happy-"
"Wait so your not mad?"
"Why would I be, wait, I am invited right?" She laughed.
"Of course. If I could I would have you be the best...woo Man, but I cant." I smiled and she hugged me.
"Okay, well where is it gonna be and what time should I be there?"
I blushed, " My moms yard, and just come a little early so we can talk and stuff."
"Alright. I'll be there at what, 1?" I nodded and she stood up.
"Well I gotta go. I will talk to you later." She left after saying goodbye to Mike. Who smiled at me.
" Ya see, shes happy." I shrugged. I wasnt really sure why, but I wanted her to not want me to get married. If that makes any sense at all.

*

April 25th 1995

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Flashback:
When Reiley came back to see me, I felt like I was going to pass out. She looked amazing. She tried to talk to me about something but I couldnt focus. I leaned in to kiss her but she pulled back and whispered,"Its just cold feet. Dont do something you'll regret." I closed my eyes and pulled away. "Im sorry, Ive just missed being able to do it."
"Well you cant now. And neither can I. You cant just kiss me anytime you want anymore." I sighed. She kissed my cheek and walked out. Then I went out to stand at the altar with these thoughts in my head...

I made a promise that we'd never part
Then I turned around & broke your heart
Now Im standing here saying 'I do'
Holding hands with someone new
It should have been you
Instead of her standing by my side.

I watched Adrienne walk down the aisle. And then turned to look at Reiley who was watching her. It really should be you.

End of Flashback
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I staggered into the house, trying my hardest not to- shit. I slammed the door. Maybe I can make it upstairs. Oh, right there, last step and. God damn it Adrienne is there.
"Come on, we need to talk." She whispered. Damn back down the stairs. Does this woman know how much energy it took to even get up there in the first place.
"Where in the hell were you all night?"
"I uhm went, out with the...guys." That wasnt a complete lie. There were guys there. It just so happened that I didnt know any of them.
"Its four in the morning Billie. Joey was up most of the night crying and I couldnt get him to sleep. Next time remember that they dont have a one moth old son at home." Well, that would be hard to do cause the guys are strangers.
"Billie sometimes your so-" She stopped and picked up her hand. At first I thought she was gonna slap me, but then she plucked the hair off of me.
"Why is this hair so long?" Shit.
"Dont worry it was just Reiley, she came out with us since Jared isnt home." She rolled her eyes.

"Just Reiley. Well that makes it so much better." I could have told you the truth and said that Reiley was the only one I was actually out with tonight, but I didnt. She got twice as hammered as me, cause of Jared being away.
"Come on I wouldnt cheat. She just needed me."
She broke into a fit. "Why does it have to be you who picks up the pieces huh? She has other friends Im sure, cant she call them?"
"But im her best friend its different." She sighed.
"Look Ive been thinking alot this past week, while you were out getting drunk or not sleeping that maybe we should...uhm, separate."
"Ya know what. Fine whatever. I dont even give a fuck. You dont trust me."
"Yeah because you dont deserve it. I know what I was when you were with her. I was the other girl. You have cheated. Why wouldnt you do it again! Ya know what. Screw it, we cant stand each other.Just get out. I'll send you the papers."
"Fine, just make sure I can see my kid. He loves me, and I love him."
"Alright Billie just, get out."

I mindlessly drove to the one place I knew I was welcome...well, one of the places I wanted to be the most.

comments<3