Fall Asleep with the Windows Open

I'm not used to this temptation

Reileys POV:

Ah, my bed is so- ew vomit. After puking out all the alcohol in my system in one steady heave I laid back down in my, oh so inviting, bed. I was just settling back down when I heard a car pull into the driveway. Son. Of .A .Bitch.

I leaned on the couch and peaked out the window. Billies car sat there. Soon enough there was a knock on my door.
"Hey, sorry about your yard." I looked at him confused.
"I puked all over it." I had to laugh despite my nauseous feeling.
"Whats up, I just left you like and hour ago?"
He scuffed his shoe off the front steps, "Can I stay here?"
"Yeah, of course." I guided him onto the living room chair and ran to get him a blanket and pillow.
"Can I ask what happened?" He sighed agitatedly.
"She kicked me out, and wants a divorce." My mouth had to have dropped to the floor.
"Yeah, exactly. I dont know what to do, cause I do love her, but shes so controlling and doesnt trust me."
"What do you mean trust you?"
"She freaked out when she found out I went to the bar with you tonight, she said I cheated on you why wouldnt I cheat on her, and all this other shit. I dont know what to do. We just work each others nerves all the time. It really isnt working out."
"Oh." Is that all you can muster up to say, really? He sighed in response.
"Well you can stay here until you leave for tour next week. Jared wont be home for god knows how long."
"Do you need anything before I go to sleep?"
He shook his head. "Nah, I'll just watch tv."
I yelled from my bedroom, 'It's five a.m. billie...SLEEP!"
"NEVER!" Was the last thing I heard before passing out.

The phone rang. Ya know Im really starting to hate the phone.
"Ah, no its only 8." I mumbled into my pillow.
Soon I was glad I answered it. "Hello?"
"Hi babe. Whats goin on?" Jared. This would be his call for the week.
"Nothing, hangover, love. Bye."
He laughed,"Love too. Bye hun." And we hung up.
Damn it now Im awake. I slunk into the kitchen where Billie was drinking coffee.

"You make any for me, ya know the person who housed your drunk ass last night?" He grinned and pointed to the microwave where he was heating it up already.
"Once I heard the phone ring, I knew you would be up."
He knows me too well for my own good. I pulled the mug out and turned to face him.
"Couch." I said pointing at it, and making a slow move for it. He laughed and followed me.
"So have you called her yet?" I was kind of hoping he didnt.
"Yeah," Shit. "But she says thats her final decision and is willing to get joint custody... thank god." I nodded. Billie staying with me, reminded me of how it was when we would sneak into each others houses. It was playful all the time. He would run in and steal my pillow while I was sleeping on it, or I would lock him in the bathroom. Stuff we would have done if our parents weren't home, as kids.

On tour the guys would call me once a month, and apparently Stacey broke it off with Mike, cause he wasnt calling her enough. Selfish bitch. Oh well at least shes gone. Jared was never home. I never got calls. He could have been dead and I wouldnt have even been told. Did anyone out there know he had a girlfriend at all? Shit. I need to stop being so damn paranoid.While I was going through serious friend and boyfriend withdrawals, Dana got pregnant again...its due in January. Shes so lucky. Wait, do I want a kid? No. Definitely not.

While the guys were gone for seven months backing Insomniac, my manager called me to meet him.
"Okay Reiley Im gonna get straight to the point."That doesnt sound comforting.
"I dont mean to be harsh but...the chances of you getting another role are slim to none, because of the mass amount of female actors now a days, willing to be in Indie films."
Shit. "Oh, uhm...alright, what do you suggest I do then? Just quit?"
He picked at his cuticles, "Well, no. I would say...a girl like you would have better opportunities in...modeling."
This was a joke right? He was kidding and any moment now he was gonna say gotchya, Im really just paying for your coffee. It never happened.
"Yeah, thats not gonna happen...EVER!"
"Reiley just give it a shot. It will pay the bills instead of being a starving actress in-"
"No, then I'll just be a starving model. No way. I hate models, and despite popular belief...I hate the way I look." He rolled his eyes at that, but it was true. People told me I was pretty but I never really saw it. I was average in my eyes. Not ugly but not nearly pretty enough to MODEL.

"Just think about it. And if it helps, Victoria Secrets wants you to model for them already. But you make the decision."
I really did need the money. One television movie doesnt exactly cut it. I sighed. I hate what Im about to do, but I need to.
"Fine.Alright. I'll make the transition from actress to model, but only because my dick boyfriend hasnt sent home a paycheck in months and I have bills. Not because I think I deserve it."He nodded happily,
"Alright, Im glad to hear it."

*

November 16th 1995
Billies POV:

I threw my bags in the door and stretched. My house was half empty. Adrienne had obviously moved out. She better hope none of my things were 'accidentally taken' because I will find out and get it back. Showers that arent out of tour buses and hotels feel good. After throwing all my clothes in the washer, I had one message. Adrienne saying she was gonna drop Joey off here at one. It was ten til. Good thing I got out of the shower when I did.

After getting Joey I came to a realization...there was no food at all in my house. I looked at my son, who had irritated look on his face.
"What are we gonna do little man? We're men, we need womanly help. I know who to call, dont worry." He smiled and watched me pick up the phone.

"Hello?" I missed her voice in the past month.
"Hey, Ry."
"Welcome back Mr. Tour King. Hows Joey?" She laughed.
"He's good, but something is wrong."
I could hear the concern in her voice, "What?"
"Well ya see we need food. So can you maybe come help us out.Please?"
I could tell she was smiling through the phone,"Alright, I'll be over in five minutes."
Then we hung up.

Soon enough she pulled into the driveway, I grabbed Joey and we left.
"Man I would just buy beer, and baby food." She giggled.
"Yeah then your alcohol level would be triple what its supposed to be and you would die, leaving your kid with an unopened can of food."
"Im glad you find my death amusing." She was about to say something when a fan came over.
"Can I have your autograph?" She asked immediately after her eyes darting in Reileys direction.
"Who are you?"
Reiley smirked, "No one important, dont worry."
The girl rolled her eyes, "I wouldnt worry about you."She said after looking Reiley up and down. She just smiled annoyingly at the girl.

We finished shopping, which I found out takes more time than I initially thought it would. When we exited the store, we were instantly drenched in rain. Reiley took Joey into the car and held him to calm him down while I loaded up the food. It was a hard situation to drive in so I suggested Reiley stay until it stopped...lucky for me it never did that night.

I made an attempt at feeding Joey, failing miserably and getting strained peas all over me.
Reiley stood behind me, with an amused look on her face."You think you can do better?"
She nodded and swiped the can away from me. Shit she was good. The whole can was gone.
"Thanks, your good at...momming."She laughed.
"Thanks, now its your turn. Put him down for a nap...babies like to sleep after eating." I shrugged. "I can do that" I said with a smug grin on my face.
Turns out getting crying baby to sleep is harder than I thought.

I went downstairs and collapsed on my couch, soon, Reiley came over and sat on my waist...straddling me to it.
"Having fun, dad?"
"Yeah, its actually really nice being a dad. Ya know, that sense of responsibility."
She nodded. "Did you call Jared?" She scowled at his name.
"Yeah."
"Whats wrong?"
She sighed,"He's not coming home when he said he was. It was supposed to be his weekend off, and now he said 'somethings come up'.I only get a five minute call once a month as it is.I talked to you more when you were on tour, and hes my boyfriend."
"Can I tell you something, and I think it might be why he isnt calling like I did." She scrunched her nose and nodded.
"Its cause..." I swallowed readying myself for her reaction, "He doesnt love you as much as I do."

I held onto her hips, still vertical to mine. Slowly she lowered herself until her lips hovered above mine. Then she just gave into it and kissed me. One simple kiss. Then after pulling up, did it again only this time, with a little more hope, and need behind it. The more that came the longer and deeper they got. She grabbed my belt loops and pulled my waist up into hers.I ran my hands down her back to her upper thigh, bringing her closer to me.

Reileys POV:
Before I even knew what I was doing, or what was going on around me, I was being slammed into Billies bedroom door. Being guided blindly backwards to his bed. He was holding my neck with his hands while mine were tightly gripped around his waist. It was when we broke for a breath, it hit me.
"Bil-Billie."
"Hmm." He asked kissing his way down my neck.
"We cant, do this. You just got a divorce and I have Jared, who I do love. Plus your kid is in the other room." I soon regretted the moan at the end of the sentence, because that didnt exactly help the situation any better. And he diverted his whole attention on getting my shirt off.

Between kisses he managed to pant out, "You convincing yourself, because Its not sounding believable to me." Fuck. I cant. I cant stop now.
"Shit, okay, one time. No one knows."
He smiled up at me through the thick dark room,"Thats all I ask." I grabbed his hands, catching him off guard and flipped him, now pinning him to the bed.
"Shit." he whined. I could feel my fingers, white knuckling against his. I drug my lips roughly across his, making him groan a little. Breathless. Thats what I was when we had finished. Fucking breathless. What had just happened? As if he read my thoughts he put a reassuring arm around my stomach.
"No one will know. Okay. Dont worry. Jared wont find out."

Shit. I dont know how it even happened. He could have stopped but he didnt...why didnt I though. Hes single now. Im not. Im with Jared. I wonder is it possible to love someone but still have the feelings for someone you once loved...or is it just temptation?

comments<3