Fall Asleep with the Windows Open

It kills me that I hurt you this way

The next morning I woke up, but Reiley wasnt there. Before I could yell through my house to see where she was I heard the coffee maker running, and I blindly walked into the kitchen. She was on the phone.

"...Im sorry. Ha yeah. I said I was sorry. Dont worry I'll give you a new number when its more permanent. Alright see ya then. Bye." I scrunched my face.
"Who was that?"
She grinned, "Someone I met in L.A. He worked at a restaurant with me and I wanted to let him know I wouldnt be there anymore."
I yawned and nodded, taking a sip of coffee to wake me up. She smiled sheepishly at me.
"Sorry I fell asleep on you last night. Your back must be all-"
"Its a comfy couch, and I was in a comfortable position. You kept me nice and warm all night."
"Oh, okay. Well I gotta go get ready my manager told me I have a shoot to do today."
"Do you want me to take you?"
"No you dont have to...besides arent you going to the studio today?"
I waved her away, "It no big deal. I can hang out today. I'll take you no problem."

After getting ready I took Reiley to the photo shoot. Once we arrived she begged me to come in with her...oh what did you expect...that I would say no? I couldnt say no to her. She did a great job but when it was over she looked uncomfortable.
"God, I hate this so bad." She mumbled as we walked back to the car.
"Why you did great. And the little intern ran to the bathroom for a real long time so he liked it." I said winking. She laughed.
"I dont know...Im just not comfortable with everyone seeing me like this. I hate it." She said rubbing her eyes. I found her hand blindly while keeping my eyes on the road and held it, stroking the top of it with my thumb.
"It'll be okay."

"So what are you gonna do tonight?" I asked as we just sat on the couch flipping mindlessly through channels.
"I might call Dana let her know I left Jared." I nodded.
"Speaking off, have you called the asshole yet?" She let a cold laugh slip out.
"The bastard can die for all I care... I dont want to talk about him. I just want to..." she stopped herself and looked out the window kind of blushing.
"What do you want to do?"
"Nothing just forget it. Is joey coming over tonight?"
I smirked,"Yeah."
She muttered,"I love that little guy."

Reileys POV:

After I got off the phone with Dana I went into the living room where I could faintly hear Joey laughing. Billies back was towards the doorway, making faces at his son. So I did some behind his back only causing the boy to laugh harder...shit y hand hit Billies back.
"Mocking me." He fake scowled.
"Never." I made a shocked face at Joey getting another giggle out of him.
"Dont worry Bill, its cute and he loves it." He smiled cheekily at me.
"Awe thanks I am pretty damn cute arent I." I rolled my eyes smiling back and went to get some popcorn from the kitchen.

Suddenly a crack of thunder shook the house."Jesus Christ." I whispered aloud to myself.
I love storms when they dont sneak up on me. Damn. Now the power was out...good thing I had showered already. Awe, no popcorn for me tonight. I scavenged through the house to find a single dinky candle. I lit it and carried it into the living room, laying it on the table in front of Billie and Joey.

Billies POV:

What the fuck was wrong with me when I thought to leave Reiley? Thoughts raced through my head while I peered across the dim light room, to her beautiful face.
"I'll put Joey to sleep." She said standing up and pulled me out of my daze.
"I'll help."
We put him in his crib and started walking down the hall...a spark of lighting being the only source of light for the stairs. My arm brushed hers enough to make us look up at each other. She sat down on the couch so I sat next to her. Accidentally she dropped her hand on mine and pulled it back like it had hurt to touch me.

"Sorry." She muttered.
"Whats wrong Ry?" She cringed.
"Please just dont say anything.Please." She cried.
"Just tell me what wrong...maybe it'll help."
"Fine. Yeah. Uhm, a part of me... no I cant it would just be me whining about how I felt."
"Ry. Talk."
"Right now a part of me," she sighed," would like nothing more than to be sitting on your lap, with your arms around my waist. The part that hates leaving you. And the part that gets chills with little touches like that." She turned her head to look out the window. Trying to keep from crying some more.

"Then the other part hates it because it doesnt trust you. Its afraid you'll hurt me again and keeps taunting me with the memories of when you told me about Adrienne."
Shit. "Reiley Im so sorry. I do love you no matter what though."
She sighed heavily wiping away an escaped tear. "That doesnt make this problem easier."
With that she got up and went to the guest room she was sleeping in.

While I layed in bed I mentally kicked myself for hurting her so many times. And I wondered what would be going on if I hadnt ever left her. I hate that I make her feel this way, and wish I could just take it back...and realize what I would be losing.

comments <3
another rushed chapter. sorry.