Fall Asleep with the Windows Open

Just one kiss god I swear I want to...

November 28th 2002

So we were having a party. A late birthday party for Jason White because he wasnt in town on the actual day. All of our friends were invited...including Reiley. It hurts cause I know she is going to bring Dominic with her.

She walked in with him clinging to her arm...we arent that scary are we?
"Hey tre." Casually she said going right by me.
"Hey, this is Bonnie. Bonnie, this is the ever famous Reiley Davis. HEY I RHYMED!" She laughed and looked at me from the corner of her eye. I looked back I tried to hold in as much as I could but my eyes let it all slip and she looked away. I was hurting. Hurting more than I usually was.

Why did it have to be like this?

Reileys POV:

I was talking to Tre's new toy...er girlfriend Bonnie, when she started laughing and smiling.
"What?"
"Whats with you and Billie?"
"What are you talking about." This girl had to be insane...we hadnt gone near each other since I walked through the damn door.
"Im picking up some vibes here, not to mention all the pleading looks hes giving you. So are you like with him or something?"
"Uhm, or something. We just have a lot of history together thats all." She sighed and looked back at Billie, who was just dazing into space. All I could do was roll my eyes. Hopefully I will get to talk to him before the wedding...we have some loose ends to tie up.

Three days later.

I went over to Mikes, hoping to get him to agree to go tux shopping for the wedding.
"Mike?" I called into his house.
"In here." I followed the sound of his voice and started speaking before entering the room.
"Do you have a tux for the wedd-" There sat Billie. Holding a beer in one hand and his chin in the other.
"DING!" Tre screamed. I took a guess and assumed he finished my sentence. Still I had to laugh.
"Can we talk?" He asked with a hoarse voice. I just nodded and trailed behind him to the driveway. I heard Mike and Tre run to the foyer as soon as the door was shut.

"What do you want to talk about Billie?" He sighed and picked at his shirt. After standing there a while I opened my backseat car door to sit in. He glanced up at me.
"Am I invited to your wedding?" I was taken back a little by this. I personally thought he would come and spit on us...well not really but just come and crash it.
"Do you want to come?" My voice sounded foreign to me...like something was lodged in it.
He blinked and moved his eyes to the ground.

"Reiley Im not always good with words..."
I rolled my eyes. He was TO good with them, if it wasnt for that I probably wouldnt be sitting here right now.
"But I have thought alot about this."
"Alright Billie. Im not going anywhere." He sighed and prepared himself.
"As corny as it sounds I cant imagine my life without you. If it wasnt for you being so stubborn I probably wouldnt have been successful in a band. I wish I could spend every second with you. Our whole lives...but if you want to spend it with someone else, I cant stop you."
I wouldnt have recognized his voice,either, if I wasnt in front of him. It was shaky. Unconfident and a whisper...not the Billie I knew at all.
"Reiley, I will always be there for you. I dont want to stop being at least friends because you get married. But know that..." he hesitated, "I will always have those feelings for you. I will always love you Ry." I swallowed the lump in my throat threatening to surface. It was sincere. There was no doubt about it. But after the last sentence, my lungs stung, and it was hard for me to breath. He waited for me to answer.
"Thank you." Its all I thought of saying after that speech. I got up and wrapped my arms around him. A few seconds of his just hovering over my back he clung to me, and buried his head in my shoulder.I put my head on top of his and just took him in. This was it...it was over.
WE were over.

January 8th 2003

Only three weeks until the wedding. Our group decided not to exchange gifts with each other this year because of all the...conflicts. Tonight Dominic and I were going to Patrick...Dana's husbands' birthday. I knew right away that I was going to get drunk so Dom offered to drive.
When we got in the car to go I had a stabbing feeling in my gut that something bad was going to happen. I ignored it since I was uhm...on my 'girly days' thinking it was just cramps.

The party was alot of fun, and as I figured I got totally trashed. Dom had to literally carry me out to the car. Of course not before I covered the tires in puke. I set myself up to be comfortable. Dom got in the car right behind me and we were on our way home.
I was mumbling something about the radio being evil...Dom was laughing. He glanced at me smiling. I heard Return to Me from Dean Martin on the radio...and then bright lights. More like one giant light. Then nothing.
And if you have ever heard the sound of metal twisting against metal... it haunts you for the rest of your life.

cmnts?<3
A/N:
Sorry if you dont like it. Im starting to get writers block. I will be posting another chapter tonight and probably two more before the weekend is over...so check back.