Fall Asleep with the Windows Open

Tournament of Hearts

Reileys POV:
September 18th 2003

Ugh. I sat down at the catering table next to one of my new "co models". I hated being back at work. I was bored not to mention the heaviest model here. Oh well fuck em...they look dead anyway. The only reason I came back here was because I got even more bored at home. It was odd to have everything in the house clean.

"Hi." A blond girl said to me.
"Hi. Who are you again?" She laughed at my honesty, I suppose.
"I'm Brittany. You're Reiley Davis right? I have seen you in ALOT of ads in the past." I smirked a little.
"Well, I'm uhm...I don't want to say honored but...I don't know.Thanks for the recognition."
"Can you believe how skinny all these girls are.I mean yeah skinny is good but when you loose any chest that you had, that's just ridiculous." I like this girl.
"I know, since when do we eat negative eleven calories?" She giggled.
I continued talking to Brittany until my cell phone went off. Bellowing out Basket Case.

Sometimes I give myself the creeps
Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me
It all keeps adding up
I think I'm cracking up
Am I just paranoid?
I'm just sto-

"Hey Tre." What else would you expect for him?
"Hey Ry. I just wanted to know what you were doing after work, and if you wanted to maybe get lunch with me or something."
"Yeah sure sounds good. When I'm done I'll give you a call."
"You promise this time...meanie?" I rolled my eyes...so I didn't call him back on Valentines Day, I was busy, kinda.
"Yes Tre I promise." An extremely loud girlie shriek was heard on the other line before it went dead. I laughed as I put the phone away.

Little did I know I was being watched by an awe struck Brittany.
"What?"
"Wa- was that...Tre Cool?" I nodded.
"Seriously?!" My eyebrows pulled together questioningly and I nodded again.
"I love Green Day...Mike is a total fox." I almost died laughing so hard. Never in my life has any ever told me that someone else was a "fox".
I opened my mouth to respond only to be interrupted by my cell phone once again. This time it was Foo Fighters, Dear Lover that shrieked through the now silent room. I blushed and fumbled to find it. And it continued to scream the verse.

It shattered
Slipped through my fingers
Floated down safely into your hands
And that was all
I could fall in love...with you
I can't stall this now

"Hello?"
"Hey, hows your first day back to work?" I sighed.
"It sucks Billie,I'm bored and I'm gonna pull my hair out!" He laughed at my low patience.
"Well the day out with me will make it all better. And please don't pull out our hair."
He acted like he was talking to a baby. Asshole. Then I remembered.
"Oh...shit, today is the 18th isn't it?"
"Yeah. Remember your first day back I said I would take you out after wards."
"Well, I kinda just made plans with Tre after work." There was an unexplainable stinging in my throat as I said that.
"Huh. Well whatever then."
"Come on Billie, I'll call him back and cancel just-"
"No don't bother. Its okay, just...forget it. Have fun."
"Billie, its fine he'll unders-"
"Just drop it. Call me whenever you get time." That bastard hung up on me! I slammed my phone shut, now in a rage. I could kill him...why is he acting so condescending!?

Brittany noticed my anger and backed away slowly to get the shoot over with. Right before we were permitted to leave we exchanged numbers and I said I would see her in two weeks. Parked outside the building was Tre. The biggest grin on his face.
"Ready to go?"
I nodded, wordlessly getting in the car.
"Something wrong?" He asked after ten minutes of silence.
"Just...ugh. Billie is being an ass about me going to lunch with you. Cause I was kind of supposed to go with him, but I completely forgot and now-"
"Slow down. Its okay...he'll get over it, just as long as you flash a great big smile in his face. He'll melt." I hadn't heard a word he just said...I was to busy fuming.

The lunch turned into a night at the bar together. Once it was two thirty I decide it best we leave. Tre staggered to the bathroom to take one last piss before we left. That's when I felt someones eyes on me.
"Excuse me, can I buy you a drink?"
"Uh, no thanks I'm about to leave."
"I think you should just let me get you one, its the least I can do." I rolled my eyes ready for a fight. When I turned around I nearly fainted.
"CHASE! What are you doing here!?" Yes. There he stood, staggeringly handsome as I remembered. His long locks just reaching his chin, wearing the same grin he always had.
"Well, I'm moving back here from Chicago. I missed the coast...you look amazing Ry."
"ME!? Please, have you looked in a mirror?" Then Tre came back out demanding we leave before he passed out.
"Look give me a call, Dana knows my new number. We can have lunch or something." I nodded while Tre grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the door.
"Good to see you, Chase. I'll talk to you soon!" He smiled and waved.

Tres POV: The next day

"How could you be so stupid Tre?" Mike was yipping in my ear about something.
"I don't know...it was actually pretty easy to be honest." I knew through the phone he was rolling his eyes.
"Billie was on a rampage last night. He thinks your trying to steal her away. Tell me he's just being paranoid." I stayed quiet.
"God damn it Tre."
"I cant steal her away if she wants me back." Mike sighed heavily and said he'd talk to me later.
It was true...it really wasn't hard at all to fall for Reiley. She was a great person and friend. Not to mention all her other...features. I did feel for Billie though. He just doesn't know when to give up. She told me herself...well she didn't tell me but I'm assuming, she doesn't want him anymore. He just keeps digging himself in deeper and deeper.

Reileys POV:

Oh my god...my head is throbbing. Thank god I put two aspirins next to the bed. I don't even have to get up for reli-
Damn phone.
"Hello?" I heard a chuckle.
"Hey Ry."
"Hi. I'm glad to see that your not upset with me anymore. Sorry about that its just I got caught up in going back to work and forgot." He sighed.
"Its cool, but now you owe me one night."
"I think I can do that. So you'll never guess who I ran into last night with Tre." He mumbled an Duh uh huh.
"Chase Dyer."
"Oh. I thought he moved?"
"He did but he moved back, said he missed the coast." I assume he nodded on the other end cause it was silent.
"I'm gonna go shower Billie, I'll talk to you later."
"Alright. See ya Ry."
"Bye."
My shower has never felt so good. After work and lunch then the bar all my muscles were in a bunch. Literally. When I got out I decided to give Chase a call and see what he was doing today. Lunch with him didn't sound half bad.

An hour into our,erm, "date." It felt like I was in the theater again, or in school at lunch. We made plans for this weekend to go out to supper. It just came natural with him like nothing had changed. When the it was over we parted ways. I walked in the door to see I had three missed calls.

"Shit." I groaned and pressed play.
"Hey Reiley its me Brittany. Call me if you want to do something this week. Preferably with your hot friends." We giggled at the same time and I rolled my eyes. She finished with a 'talk to ya later' and hung up.
"Hey Ry its me Tre, no really its me! Why would I lie! Don't answer that. Anyway call me, I WANT TO HANG." He said the last part enunciating every syllable. Why does everyone need to 'hang out' with me all of the sudden. One more message then I'm unplugging the damn phone.
"Reiley," Billie is the only one who didn't specify it was him. It made me chuckle a little."Call me whenever you get time. No rush. I'm here. Just waiting." He sighed mournfully at the end and it made me wonder if he was the one who went to acting classes. Before I could even make it to the kitchen the fucking phone rang again.
"Hello?"
"Hey, can I come over? I'm bored as hell."
"Sure but wheres Joey? I haven't heard you talk about him lately."
"Hes around. Hes just not as enthused to be at his dads as hes used to be. He went to his friend Max's' for the night."
"Oh. Well then I'll come over. In case he might need something you don't want to not be there."
"Alright. See ya in a bit."

"So are you dating Chase now or what?" This conversation had taken a drastic turn and refused to get back on track. All I asked was if Billie had plans for this weekend, which led to him asking about my date and here I am two hours deep.
"No Billie. At least I don't think so, were just freely dating." Hes eyebrows raised in question and he scruffed his hair into every direction. I could conceal the giggle on my lips when he pulled his hand away.
"What?" I patted down his scattered hair watching his confused face.
"Erm, thanks." I nodded and continued to play with his hair. He finally gave up and moved onto another subject.
After about an hour of quiet except for the light hum of the TV, I decided to lay on the couch. I didn't want to make Billie uncomfortable so I squished on the bottom part. He rolled his eyes at me.
"Come here." I pulled my head back.
"And your talking to WHO in that tone?" He smirked and looked at me from under his bangs and eyelashes.
"Alright. Ry, you can lay up here with me if you want." Then asked, "Better for ya?" I laughed a little.
"Yes much. I'm just not a dog Bill, I don't answer to commands."
He wriggled his eyebrows at me. "Oh I think you would, under certain circumstances."
I nearly fell off the couch laughing so hard.
Finally though I crawled next to him and rested my head on his shoulder. Underneath me I felt him stiffen.
"Whats wrong?"
"Nothing don't worry about it." I sighed frustrated.
"Your phone is vibrating on the table...Chase." Without thinking I just snuggled further into Billies chest, and he softened. I didn't want to talk to him, I was comfortable with Billie. Nothing was going to mess that up.

January 12th 2004

I nearly spit out my wine. Chase was telling me the most ridiculous story ever. I felt kind of strange, we were here in this really nice restaurant.Id talked to him alot in the past couple months. Billie was squirming like a kid in a car seat and Tre was uneasy as well. I cant understand Tre being worried though. All of the sudden Chase got serious.
"Reiley, I have something to ask you."
"Mkay go for it." He took in a deep breath.
"Alright I think this could be something more...serious. I really feel like we have gotten a second chance at this, and I want to take it, if you do. If you don't I'm willing to just be friends."
I winced. I didn't want to do this. Not here, I wanted the fun mood back.
"Uh, Chase, no offense I really enjoy your company and all but I don't think I want that with you. I'm sorry if I made you think otherwise but I honestly didn't think anything of it. So I would prefer we just stay friends, good friends." He dropped his eyes to the table.
Barely above a whisper he suggested that we left, and I seized the opportunity to escape the awkward situation.
"Thanks I had a good time, as always." I said as I got out of the car waving at him. He forced a smile and drove away. I released the breath Id been holding out of tension. Out of habit as soon as I walked in the door I checked messages. None. Wow that's a serious first. Not even Brittany. Hmm I should get an award...her and Mike had gotten pretty close too.
I snuggled into bed and my thoughts drifted to Billie. What will he say when I tell him about Chase. Probably jump up and down, pick me up, and throw me on the couch or something like that. And Tre. I shuddered. Maybe I just wont tell him.

cmnts<3
A/N:
Sorry for the lack of updates this week. I hope this makes up for it. I will more than likely post two or three chapters tomorrow. This one was so long because of the title, It had major significance. I had to cram a lot of stuff into one chapter. Comments keep the story going as always.