Fall Asleep with the Windows Open

Honor of a Swear

Billie looked at me a little longer and adjusted himself underneath me.
"Well I was just thinking it would be a little pointless for you to pack and then come to my house before we leave so...uh..."
Its a Wonderful Life flickered on in the background and we continued to sit in silence.

What is it you want, Mary? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. Hey. That's a pretty good idea. I'll give you the moon, Mary.

"Come on Ry you know what I'm saying so just answer me so I don't have to say it." I could see him blushing even in the dark room.
"Nah, I want to hear it." He fiddled with my fingers a second then looked back at me.
"Ry move in with me already Jesus, what do you need an invitation?" I laughed and laid back on his chest.
"Well if you insist. Asshole."
"Bitch."
"Dick."
He chuckled."I love you."

Christmas came and went, I gave Billie an Oscar the grouch pillow case for tour so he could think of me. While he gave me a necklace and two diamond bracelets, which he got smacked over the head for spending way to much money on me. He sent Joey a PSP with miscellaneous games to play and other random gifts he thought his son had to have.

The week flew by to New Years. It was filled with me throwing things away,packing things up,burning things, and moving the important things to Billies. I decided to just sell the house when we came back from New York. We left a day before so we could get comfortable and were leaving on the 2nd. New York was one of my favorite places in the winter and always wanted to go there. The city covered in snow and watching it in the light was just breathtaking to me.

I had almost forgotten what turbulence felt like...almost being the key word.
"Ugh." My stomach turned as we hit the third bump. I saw Tre squint at me from the corner of his eye, on my right and I wanted to jab him in the side but digressed.
"AH!" He whispered loudly as he did what I wanted to.
"Tre! Quit!" I squeal as he continues to poke and tickle me in our confined seats...making it impossible for me to move. I began to slump into a sleeping Billies seat near tears.
My head landed on his armrest and sent his eyes flying open.
"What in the hell!" Tre and I giggle as everyone else stares at the overly loud outburst.
"Sorry Billie." Tre squeaks and Billie turns my mp3 player up even louder blaring 'A quick one while hes away'. I sigh and look back at my troublesome friend.
"Hes gonna be all pissy now isn't he?" He shrugs and turns to pester Mike and leave me to sleep too.

We got into two cabs and went to the hotel around Central Park. Finally reaching our rooms we all decided it would just be better to go out the next night seeing as we all had jet lag...except Tre, who was bouncing off our walls.
The next day I woke up and walked into the living room part of the suite,opening the blinds I couldn't be more excited. Snow on top of snow. It was gorgeous. Just watching it made me cold so I decided on a shower. When I got out about an hour later I couldn't find Billie anywhere.

"Billie? Where in the hell..." I ventured onto a little patio attached to our suite and saw him with his leather jacket on, smoking a cigarette, holding something with a death grip.
"What are you doing out here?" He jumps nearly a foot and it makes me almost piss myself.
"Jesus Christ cat woman, why is it you make no sound when you walk! Scare the shit out of me..."
I wrap my arms around him and shiver slightly, and he twists around in my arms to face me. He grins and places a kiss on the tip of my nose.
"Whats going on?"
I shrug. "Bored I guess." He looks up until a snowflake hits his eye.
"Shit." I laugh.
"Oh big punk huh, hurt by a snowflake."
"Not so much hurt, but it was just...leave me alone." He grins while walking back inside, noticing I'm not following him he stops in the doorway.
"You coming in?"
"Mhmm I just want to watch it snow a while...California Boy." I snicker as he rolls his eyes.
"If I could make it snow in California I would."
"Aw, thanks." Finally I decide Billies black hoodie isn't enough for a snow storm and head inside.

I must have fallen asleep for a while on the couch because when I was awake it was just me and Billie laying on the couch watching TV, when I woke up Mike,Brittany, Tre and Jason were all sprawled out on separate couches in our room. I peered up at Billie and catch his gaze. It gave me a chill, there was something in it that wasn't there before. It gave me a warm feeling in my cheeks and made me smile back at him.

"What time is it?"
"About 7. We're going out to eat with the crew at 8 though." I stretch under his arm.
His green eyes sparkle,reflecting the television."Do you want to go talk a walk...it stopped snowing."
"Sure, why not. It'll pass the time till we eat." He pulls himself off me to put on his leather jacket and I pull on my black suede one.
"Bill before you go can you come into the kitchen real quick." Mike yells from another hallway.
As soon as Billie is out of sight Brittany pulls me on the love seat next to her.
"That was probably the most nauseatingly sweet thing I have ever witnessed." I yawn out a ' huh?'
"While you were sleeping he never took his eyes off you. Never moved an inch." She grins.
"Okay, so..." Her mouth flies open and she whacks me in the arm.
"Just the way he was looking at you was different, like I had never seen it before...ever." Before I could respond the two boys come back into the room and I notice Billie adjusting his jacket a little.
"Ready?" He asks putting his hand out to help me up.
"Mhmm. Lets go."

We walked down the hallway to the elevator and went into the lobby. It has started snowing again to my pleasure. I smile as Billie and I pull on our gloves as he slid his hand into my back pocket on my right side to face the snow beginning to blow.

It was quiet the first couple minutes...both of us in thought then I see him smirk out of the corner of my eye.
"What?"
"It's just weird ya know, I was thinking of when I was in New York by myself. You were in Italy about to get married. The band was falling apart. And now its just....better." He thought carefully and began again.
"Do you think you would have stayed with Dom if it wasn't for the accident?"
"Probably, but you still would have always been in my life Bill."
"I doubt me and Adrienne would have split if you wouldn't have left Jared in L.A." We both chuckle at the scumbag still terrorizing the poor city.
We came closer to the park, " I don't know what I would have done if you wouldn't have stayed." He tucked my face into his chest and kissed the top of my head and continued just as something caught my eye on one of the approaching benches.
"I would have married you when we were twelve years old if I could instead of wasting all this time...too much..." we are now in front of two benches when he reached out to pick up the nearly frozen rose handing it to me. I shiver, not from cold but at how sweet this man was being right now.
"I'm done wasting time." He said just above a whisper with a smirk. He knelt down to one knee.

Oh God! My stomach is doing somersaults right now. He cant be...

"Ry, I have been waiting a very long time to say this..." Out comes a little black velvet box, "Will you marry me?" I almost squealed.
Now I never understood why girls cried when their boyfriends purposed to them, in fact I often laughed when the did. But if it was anything like this, this jittery, feel like you could jump over the moon feeling...I would cry to. Which is why I didn't fight it.
I pulled him off his knee by his jacket and kissed him with everything I had. I was slightly shocked when he pulled away.
"Uhm, yes right?" I smile and kiss him again. Without breaking it, he pulled the ring out of the little box and slid it onto my finger.

I couldn't help but smile back into his kiss.

When we were only kids
And we were best of friends
And we hoped for the best
And let go of the rest

I heard, heard myself
Say things I take back
If I could, could retell
And make these stories last
I see, see shadows
Of who we'll always be
I drive, drive these roads
Made of memories


The End
♠ ♠ ♠
okay so originally I posted this as just another chapter, but Ive tried and tried to write another chapter but everytime it ruins the story.
<3