Coral Island

I Hate How He Always Wins...

The sweet smell of Molly’s baking filled the air in the Burrow where on the fifth floor Harry and Ron were awakening. The blinding scene of orange posters and merchandise from Ron’s favourite Quidditch team the Chudley Cannons blinded the boys as they got up. Hermione’s head popped through Ron’s door revealing her uncontrollable curls tied back into a ponytail, by the looks of it the elastic was wearing out.

“Molly had me come up here to wake you two up. She’s got breakfast set up downstairs.”

“Alright, thanks Hermione.” Harry answered, pulling on his glasses.

“I’ll see you downstairs.” She shut the door and the boys jumped out of bed.

“Wonder what mum’s cooked for us, I’m starved.” Ron muttered as he slipped on his slippers.

“Well we’ll see in a bit.” Harry concluded as they shuffled down the long staircase.

“’Morning boys,” Mr. Weasley greeted the two as they took their seats and began piling food onto their plates.

Sausages, eggs, bacon, pancakes, all the breakfast foods were placed across the big wooden table in the Weasley home. Ginny, Fred and George had already been eating before Ron and Harry arrived and were almost finished their plate. Hermione had not yet sat down, seeing as she was helping Mrs. Weasley with the food. Finally the whole family and friends were sitting around the table, and all were eating away their hunger.

“So mum,” Ron began, “When are you going to be bringing us to the…”

Hermione, from across the table, began choking on her pancake forcing the sound to echo across the room.

“Oh my goodness, Hermione! Here take some water dear.” Molly Weasley stood up as she hurriedly handed Hermione a glass filled with an ice cold drink.

She sat back down as Hermione gulped the water down, giving Ron a wide eyed look. She put the glass down and looked around the table. She noticed all eyes were off her so she mouthed the word “don’t” towards Ron.

“So Ron, what were you saying?” Molly continued.

“Oh, uh…” He was stumped. He had no clue what to tell him parents.

“He wanted to know when you’d be going to Diagon Alley.” Harry interrupted.

“Oh, well pretty soon I suppose… why?” She asked.

“Well,” Hermione cut in, “The three of us wanted to visit Fred and George’s joke shop. We haven’t had the delight to see it yet.”

“You’ll be seeing it soon we promise!” Fred piped up. “There’s loads in there all three of you would love.”

“Yeah, we’ve even got…”

“Don’t tell them!” Fred interrupted George. “It’s supposed to be a surprise to the whole family. We’re hoping this shop will be huge!” He shot Harry a thankful look.

“Yeah,” Ron began. “I really wanted to see my brother’s shop and…”

Hermione and Harry gave him a look. His acting wasn’t too convincing.

“Well, I’m finished.” Ginny said, pushing away her plate.

“Yeah same here.” Fred and George had done the same.

“Would you like some help with the plates Mrs. Weasley?” Hermione asked as she began grabbing the plates around her.

“No, no dear! You go along and get cleaned up and dressed. Thank you so much for your help earlier.” Molly began taking the plates out of Hermione’s hands.

“Alright,” All of them except Arthur and Molly left the dinning room and all found themselves waiting at the bathroom’s entrance. Ginny was the first to slide inside leaving the 6 of them to wait while she finished inside.

“So why couldn’t I tell mum about the trip?” Ron asked.

“She doesn’t exactly know…” Hermione began.

“Hermione, since when is this like you?” Ron asked, bewildered.

“I’ve always been like this.”

“Not really.”

“Well… maybe you’ve just never paid attention.” She defended.

“I’ve always paid attention.” Ron began, “Since when did I not pay attention to you?”

Hermione began thinking. “There were times when I felt everything I said to you just went through one ear and out the other.”

“Oh, blimey,” He looked down at his fingers and then back up at Hermione. “I’m sorry Hermione.”

A smile played at her lips. For some reason, the guilt in Ron’s voice made her feel happy. Butterflies began to build up in her stomach as she looked at him. They starred at each other for what seemed like ten minutes, Hermione hoping secretly that Ron had been thinking the same things as her at this moment, when Harry coughed.

“Alright, the washroom’s free, Hermione?” Harry offered her access first.

“Oh, yes please. I won’t take long.” She got up from her sitting position on one of the stairs and closed the door behind her.

Ron let out huff and turned towards Harry.

“So what am I supposed to tell my parents?”

“We’ll figure something out, don’t worry.” Harry reassured him.

“I think we know what to say.” Fred and George piped in the conversation.

“Oh yeah, what are we going to say then?” Ron asked.

“We were thinking of having mum and dad believe you’re staying with us at the shop. We’re hoping they’ll buy it, and then while you’re all ‘staying’ with us Fred will call them saying we’re in desperate need of supplies because the shop was running low from all the sales we’re making.” Fred smiled at the thought. “Mum and dad will hopefully believe us and we’ll make the excuse we need to travel to get these ‘supplies’. I’ll say we need to take the plane because going by broom is highly risky.”

“What about the Plane tickets? How do we get them?” George asked.

“Hermione’s parents are helping out.” Harry said.

“What’s the story for them? Aren’t the obviously going to want to talk to our parents?” Ron said, hysteria rising in his voice.

“I’m sure Hermione gave a valid excuse to her parents. She’s smart; she’d have figured it out.” Fred concluded.

“You’re right…” Ron started to calm down.

“All we need is to get down to Diagon Alley, ditch mum and dad for a few and find Hermione’s parents at Gringott’s, get the Muggle money and we’re set.” Harry smiled, a master plan working in his mind.

‘So, were going through all of this just to have a… adventure?” Ron asked.

“That’s right.” Fred and George recited.

“Hmm…” Ron nodded, seeing the plan in his mind had somehow triggered an adrenaline rush. He was up for it.

“Bathroom’s free.” Hermione appeared, covered with a long robe and a towel over her head.

Fred and George jumped up at the same time and fought for entrance. The two of them seemed stuck inside the tiny 3 feet wide doorway when George had successfully pushed his way through before Fred had.

“Tough luck,” He smiled and shut the door.

Fred groaned and took a seat back down beside Harry and Ron.

“I hate it how he always wins.”
♠ ♠ ♠
FINALLY! I nice (well... maybe 'nice' for a 1 AM writen story) long chapter! I guess I wrote the first one short because I was so excited to post it. I thank those 2 people who reviewed this story! Yeah I know what you're thinking... only 2? Yeah well.. I would have liked more but sometimes when life hands you lemons... you throw them away and say I WANT MORE REVIEWS OR I'M NOT WRITING THIS STORY . haha I'm joking, that won't happen (although it did happen with my Cullen Inc. story and what do ya know? I have people reviewing and favoriting it months after I stopped writing.) Maybe I should just do that instead... write a chapter and then wait a month for all the reviewers. Of course I wont do that! I'm too impatient, as you can see I couldn't even wait another day to write this. Anyways, my writing is sloppy and it's my bedtime so goodnight mibba readers, may you have a nice sleep or have a nice breakfast (depends where you are) and remember: A REVIEW FROM YOU, IS LIKE A RUPERT TO ME :) keeps me happy, and motivated to WRITE WRITE WRITEEEEE more :) so yeah, reviews are awesome. I dont know how long I can keep up this review thing, I feel like i'm guilting you into doing it... OH WELL! haha i'm joking . Kay, I'm going to stop writing, you guys probably quite on me like the first sentence. GOODNIGHT !