Coral Island

I'm Bloody Starving!

Ron’s eyes opened to see red, everywhere. In front of his eyes was water, stained a dark crimson red. Beyond the waters screen, on his left knee was a large gash, blood flowing out and into the curving water. The pain in his leg was burning through him as he tried to remove the planes seatbelt. After fumbling around with the straps (everything below the waste almost impossible to see because of the large inflated lifejacket) he finally managed to get free. He got out from his seat and swam left; noting Hermione was not in her seat. He looked around and saw Harry and Ginny both awakening from their short knockout, the water almost beginning to drown them. There behind them was Luna Lovegood and Neville Longbottom both out cold. Unfortunately, he also couldn’t spot Fred and George.

“Ron,” Ginny squeaked out, as she fumbled with her seatbelt.

“Are you two alright?” Ron swam to his sister and Harry, helping them with getting free.

“You’re not!” Harry gasped. “You’re bleeding somewhere…”

“Yeah, I’ve got a cut on my knee.” He answered as he helped Ginny.

“I can do it.” She argued, taking over. “Go helped everyone else.”

Ron agreed and swam over to Luna and Neville, who stirred in their unconsciousness.

“Where are Hermione, Fred and George?” Harry asked.

“I don’t know.” Ron’s words were cut off by him going under water to untie Luna’s seatbelt. “This water is coming up fast we need to get out of here.”

“Ginny?” Harry called and she appeared right beside him.

“I’m here, don’t worry.” Her lips were trembling from the cold water.

“We need to leave.” Harry urged as he shook both Neville and Luna out of their oblivion state. They both woke up seconds later.

“Oh,” Luna’s dreamy voice spoke first. “I had the worst dream…”

“Luna…” Ron began slowly. “It wasn’t a dream.” He pointed around them.

A sharp look of fear appeared on her face. “Are we trapped in here?”

“No,” Fred’s voice boomed out from out a window, ten seats away. “You better hurry, George and Hermione are with me.”

They began swimming when realisation hit Neville. “What about the rest of the passengers?” He looked around at all the bodies.

Fred went silent.

“Are they…?”

“None of them made it. I checked most of them.” Fred bowed his head.

“Oh.” Neville was speechless for a second before he started moving again.

The group met Fred at the small airplane’s window and Fred began speaking. “Alright, take a deep breath of air before and swim through the window…”

“Are we going to fit?” Ron asked.

“Yeah, this is how George, Hermione and I got out.”

“Alright, Ginny and Luna first, hurry girls the water is getting higher.” Harry spoke as he moved out of the way.

Ginny arrived at the window and took a deep breath before going under water. A second later she appeared on the other side. Luna followed close behind and soon enough everyone was outside the plane.

“Where are George and Hermione?” Luna asked, her hands swaying in the water to keep her up.

“Over there.” He pointed at a small island close by. “We’ll travel using this.” His arm pointed to a red emergency boat.

“How’d you find this?” Ginny asked as she attempted to get on the boat, Harry and Ron helped her up after her multiple fails.

“The plane, we got the chance to get supplies before the water started filling up so quickly.” Fred had now gone to help Harry load Ron and Neville into the red boat. “Alright, you’re up Harry.” He grabbed Harry under the foot and lifted him up into the boat, where after Neville and Ron grabbed Fred by the arms and hoisted him up.

Fred and Ron began to oar the boat to shore which took more than half an hour to get to shore where they saw Hermione and George setting up. Across the golden sand, a small dinning tent was set up. Also appearing on the beach was another larger tent which looked like the tent they were going to sleep in. Once the boat had hit the shore, everyone jumped out and into the 3 feet deep water as Harry and Neville pulled it up to shore.

“My arms are killing me.” Ron complained as he laid flat cross the hot sand.

“Don’t start complaining now!” Hermione’s high shrill sounded exhausted. “There are much more important things to worry about… maybe the fact that were stuck on this god damn island and WE’LL NEVER MAKE IT HOME!”

Ron fell silent as he took off his lifejacket.

“It’ll be okay…” He whispered.

“NO IT WON’T RON!” She started crying. “No. It. Won’t!” Her hand slapped his knee.

“Hermione!” He screamed in pain, she hadn’t realized he had been injured.

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry Ron!” Her eyes grew wide at the wound. “You’re really badly hurt; we have to clean that…” She got up and looked through a first aid kit.

“Hermione, I can just fix it with a spell, no problem…”

“Good luck with casting spells here…” She muttered as she came back with the kit.

“What did you say?” He asked as she opened the white box and started taking out supplies.

“Magic doesn’t work here…” She grimaced. “Really stupid if you ask me, the one place we truly need it…”

“You’re joking…” Ginny’s eyes went wide, she couldn’t believe it.

“Yeah, I’ve tried every spell I’ve known earlier and nothing works.” Hermione ripped a hole in Ron’s jeans to get to the cut. “Hope you don’t mind…” She told Ron, too late for him to answer back.

“Shit, that hurts!” He gripped his knee as the alcohol burned and bubbled on his skin.

“It’s cleaning the cut Ron, stop squirming!” Hermione grasped his leg as she began to wrap the cut with a bandage. “We’ll need to clean that again in a couple of hours.”

“I’m looking forward to it.” His words dripped with sarcasm.

“We’ll need to start collecting wood for a fire tonight. Harry and George are you up for the job?” Hermione asked as she put away the first aid kit.

They both nodded, getting up and heading into the woods when Ginny yelled for them to stop.

“Before you go,” she ran up to them, both handing them a large stick. “To fight off animals or something…”

“Alright,” Harry let out a huff laugh as George muffled a laughing fit. “Thanks Ginny.”

“Don’t laugh! You need to take precautions. You never know what’s in there…” She looked frightened.

“Ginny, we’ll be fine.” And George and Harry set off into the shaded woods.

“I hope they’ll be okay…” Ginny sat down next to Luna, who looked just as frightened and worried as she had back at the plane. “Are you alright Luna?”

“Not really…” She stared down at her fingers. “How are we going to get home?”

“Well maybe…” Ginny began, but stopped when she couldn’t continue. “Maybe we can…”

“There is no way.” Luna said silently, still looking down.

“We can’t think like that!” Ginny said, trying to cheer everyone up. “We have to think positive thoughts.”

“Like what Ginny?” Hermione snapped.

“Well…” She was taken aback, but continued never-the-less. “We just have to believe we’ll make it home.”

“But we won’t!” Luna looked up, her eyes filled with tears.

Ginny bit her lip, keeping her from saying anything else as the rest of the lot grew silent.

“Well,” Hermione started, “We’ve got all the food that was stored on the plane, it looks like it would last us a couple months.”

“Months,” Luna echoed Hermione’s words.

“Let’s try and keep our mind off of our situation for now.” Ron piped up. “Let’s play a game, build shelter, something that’ll keep me from going mad!”

“What is there to do? We’re on a deserted Island!” Neville stated, getting up from out of the sand.

“Well, let’s make something to do.” Ron got up, limping a bit from his leg.

“Ron, you should really sit down…” Hermione got up to sit him back down but he shoved her away.

“No, I want to move around, I had sat enough on the plane…” He limped around the campsite, picking up sticks and rocks and throwing them in the water.

“We should try and make a rescue sign or something!” Ginny suggested. “Maybe make a big ‘S.O.S’ with some large rocks?

“Yeah, because we’re going to see planes fly around here…” Fred rolled his eyes.

“Stop ignoring my ideas! I’m trying to help us get out of this mess and you won’t even listen to me!” She screamed at her older brother.

“That’s because we’re all hopeless at the moment and the only thing we want to hear right now is that we’re going home! But we’re not, so please stop making suggestions and just let us suffer in peace!”

“ENOUGH!” Ron yelled. “We haven’t even been here a bloody hour and we’re already driving each other mad! Let’s just calm down…”

“Ron’s right…” Hermione sat up. “If we keep this fighting going, we’ll never get anything done. So let’s just all keep to ourselves for a while. Beside’s, Harry and George should be back any time now with the fire wood.”

“I hope so, it’s getting dark…” Luna noted, the sky turning a dark red-ish pink.

“Where are they anyways, it’s been almost an hour…” Neville got up and looked through the forests trees, searching for any kind of movement.

“I hope they get back soon, I’m getting worried.” Ginny said as she sat inside the boat.

“You sound like mum.” Ron stated, taking a seat beside her.

“I miss her already…” A tear flowed down her cheek. “I miss our parents.” She hugged her brother, now starting to sob.

“Ginny,” Ron put his arms around her. “Don’t cry…”

“I want too; it’s the only thing that seems productive right now.” Her words were muffled through his sweater.

The lot sat there, listening to Ginny’s sobs (Hermione’s eyes glistened with silent tears) as they waited for the boys to arrive. When, even over Ginny’s cries, they heard footsteps. They all looked up expectantly and in stead of seeing Harry and George, they saw two other familiar faces.

The two girls Draco Malfoy was with.

“Oh, hi,” One of them said, sounding relieved.

“Hi,” Hermione smiled, “Would you like to sit down with us?”

The taller one smiled and accepted their request. The two sat down, farthest from anyone of the group.

“Are you all okay?” Hermione asked. “Are any of you hurt?”

“I’ve got a bad cut on my shoulder…” The smaller one said, moving her top out of the way to show a large cut, worse than Ron’s across her collar bone to the end of her shoulder.

“Oh,” Hermione gasped at the cut. “I’ll bandage it up for you alright?” She got the first aid kit again and went along with the procedure.

“Thank you.” She smiled once Hermione was finished. “My name is Emma Rupen and this is Delilah Lowe.”

Emma had rib-length brown hair, and blue eyes. She was shorter than Delilah, who had just past the shoulders length red hair and also blue eyes.

“I noticed you two were with Draco Malfoy… did you… lose him?” Ginny asked, afraid to mention ‘loosing him’ in case he meant something to the girls.

“We were actually looking for him just now, but wound up finding out lot instead.” Delilah answered.

“He’s here then?” Ron’s eyes went wide.

“Yes, he’s here, somewhere…”

“Shit,” He muttered.

“Did you lot have anywhere to stay?” Luna asked.

“We actually have a tent set up not far from here…” Emma said, pointing to the right side of the Island.

“Oh, well anytime you need something we’re here.” Luna offered as she got up and introduced herself. “I’m Luna.”

“Hi,” They both smiled and waved.

“I’m Hermione.” Hermione smiled as she greeted the girls.

“Ron,”

“I’m Ginny,”

“Hey, I’m Neville,”

“Fred.”

“And we’ve got two others, Harry and George who should be getting back soon.” Neville said.

“Well, thank you guys,” Emma started, “but we should really get back. I appreciate your help.”

“No,” Hermione stopped them. “Why don’t you stay, we’ll be making supper over the fire tonight, and it would really be a good idea if we all stick together.”

“But Draco…” Emma started, she was worried about him.

“Oh, right…” Hermione had already forgotten about him.

“There’s no need to worry about Draco.” Neville piped up. “He’s coming right now.”

The lot turned their heads to see Draco Malfoy’s skinny figure draped in his black suit, walking a head. He arrived at the campsite and looked at Emma and Delilah.

“What are you doing here, let’s go.” He ordered, but behind his dominant bark, you could tell he was scared.

“No Draco, we want to stay here.” Delilah said, as Emma got up to see him.

“Draco!” Emma breathed as she jumped on him, kissing him fiercely. His hands were running freely all along her torso. He held her in his arms for long enough before Ron coughed, interrupting their reunion.
“Turn your head if you don’t like it, Weasley.” Draco barked as he set Emma down. She wiped her lips, mouthing a sorry to the audience in front of them.

“Please stay Draco, they actually have food.” Emma insisted.

“I don’t think I’m welcome here babe.” He whispered, wrapping his arm on her waste.

“Draco, you can stay…” it took everything in Hermione’s guts and soul to say those words.

A quick flash of happiness appeared on Draco’s face but before a second it had disappeared. At least they caught a small glimpse of thanks.

“Alright, we’ve got wood!” George and Harries voice shouted as they came walking out of the woods, caring large piles on fire wood.

“Thank god!” Ron exclaimed rushing over to them. “I’m bloody starving.”

The whole lot prepared for their first ever campsite dinner.
♠ ♠ ♠
kk so what do you think of this super long chapter ? hahha i hope you like it !! comments are loved ♥ i dont have much to say because it's 1 in the morning and my stupid keyboard is louder than a bulldozer .

love you all
melanie