Coral Island

Stranded on Islands Don't Give You Freedom

The fire in front of the group was frying up a nice meal of rice and shrimp sauté, not something they expected to have out stranded on a deserted island. Thankfully Hermione thought of storing all of the food from the airplane onto the boat before they brought the supplies to shore. They were thankful to find all the food eatable with only having to heat it up on the fire.

“All ready.” George addressed the group of hungry faces. “Grab a dish from beside me Harry would you, and pass it along.”

Harry agreed and picked up the white platforms, passing one along to each of them.

“Alright, now take your share…” George passed along the pan, each of them taking what they could eat, seeing as there was enough to feed twenty… thankfully.

“We’re going to have to be careful about food. Only eat it when you truly need it.” Fred said, mostly addressing his younger brother Ron.

“Hey! I’m not the only one who eats a lot!” He defended.

“Well, who else eats like you Ron? Please enlighten us.” George asked amused as he savoured his dinner.

“Fine,” He gave up. “I get it; I won’t eat as much…”

While the rest of the group laughed along with Fred and George’s jokes, all seeming to forget they were stuck on the island, there sat Draco Malfoy, looking gloom and eating his dinner quietly. He had been playing with a ball of rice when Emma addressed him.

“Are you okay?” She asked inaudibly as she took a bite of her shrimp.

“Yeah,” He shrugged it off. “I’m fine.”

“No you’re not.” She stated. “Please tell me…”

“Emma, I’m perfectly fine.” He faked a smile and went back to his food.

“You’re not taking this so well are you?”

“Well, we’re stuck here. When are we going to be going home?” He asked.

“I’m afraid I can’t answer that…” She gulped her food silently.

“Exactly, if you can’t answer it, no one can. What if we never make it home? What if we die here?”

“Draco, don’t talk like that. Someone is going to come looking. I know your mum would be getting suspicious when her son doesn’t arrive home when he was supposed to. We’ll get help trust me…” She took his hand in hers.

“You’re right.” He smiled, now a true smile, and finished his dinner.

“Who’s doing dishes tonight?” Ginny asked as she picked up everyone’s plate.

“Humph, you would have thought that being stranded on an island gave you freedom, I guess not.” Ron complained as he handed his plate over to his sister.

“I’ll do them.” Delilah offered. “It’s the least I can do.”

“I’ll help.” Emma smiled and looked over to Draco, an expectant look on her face.

Draco’s eyebrow lifted in confusion as he looked over at his girlfriend. Did she want him to offer help also? Her eyebrows furrowed in frustration and her elbow hit him in the ribs. He knew that was a yes.

“Yeah, I’ll help too.” He said rubbing the spot she hit.

“Thank you,” The group smiled as the three walked over to a large bin where Ginny placed the plates inside.

“Wow, they managed to find dish soap. I wonder what else they got from that plane…” Delilah exclaimed as she grabbed the giant tub and filled it with the oceans water.

“I hope they managed to find most basic necessities for women… if you know what I mean Delilah.” Emma hinted.

“You didn’t start did you?” She gasped, and started cleaning the plate.

“Well, I will eventually…”

“That is a problem.” She handed the plate to Draco, who looked more confused than ever. “Hermione must have found some though right?”

“I hope so.” Emma handed Draco a cloth as he began to dry the dish and set it down.

“Should we bring our tent over here tonight?” Delilah asked.

“Do you think they’d mind?” Emma asked back. “I don’t want to be alone over there.”

“No.” Draco spoke. “I don’t want any more of their charity.” He spat.

“Draco, whether you like it or not, you’re going to have to stop this tough guy act and start accepting that we are going to need all the help we can get here. It’s alright to make friends with them, they’re really nice.” Delilah told him, handing him another plate.

“Delilah, if you knew me you’d know that I don’t get along with them.”

“Well then why don’t you just sleep alone tonight on the other side of the island?” She spat at him.

Emma turned to her friend and pleaded to take it back, she didn’t want Draco without her.

“Fine,” She gave up. “Sorry Draco…”

“It’s fine.” He accepted her apology. “And for your two’s sake I’ll at least try and get along.”

“Thank you sweetie,” Emma hugged him and he kissed the top of her forehead.

“Should we get our tent tonight?” He asked the two girls as he put the last clean plate on top of the pile.

“I think so…” Delilah answered unsure.

“What if we encounter something?” Emma asked frightened.

“It’s too dangerous.” Delilah changed her mind. “Maybe they’ve got another tent?”

“There’s no harm in asking.” Emma said as they walked back to the campfire. “We were thinking about staying here tonight, if you don’t mind?”

“No, no problem.” Hermione said.

“We were also wondering if you had an extra tent.” Delilah added.

“I’m afraid we don’t. The only one’s we were able to find on the plane were these two; thankfully someone thought of the need for a tent for wherever they travelled.” Hermione answered.

“Didn’t you mention you had one?” Ron asked.

“Yeah we do, on the other side of the Island.” Draco answered.

“Why don’t you get that one?”

“We’re worried about what we might find on the way there…” Emma answered.

“Don’t be so paranoid.” Ron laughed.

“She’s not being paranoid, she’s being safe.” Luna interrupted.

“You’re welcome to stay in one of our tents, I’m sure we have room.” Fred offered. “Tomorrow we’ll be able to fetch yours for future nights.”

“Thank you!” The two girls smiled at their gratitude as Draco just nodded a thanks.

“Well, I’ll start cleaning up,” George offered. “It looks like we’re getting some rain…”



Some rain.” Draco muttered.

Outside the tent, rain was pounding down, along with thunder and lightning. The only thing holding this tent down was the five of them, and the only thing holding the tent up from collapsing were the arched poles across the ceiling, like those are going to last long…

“Are you asleep?” Emma whispered to Draco, who had his back turned to her.

“No.” He flipped his position so he could face her.

“I’m scared.” She murmured as she pulled the sleeping bag up to her chin.

“Is it because of the storm?” He asked.

She nodded and tucked her head into the crook of his neck.

“Draco,” She started. “Can you sing me to sleep?”

He started to laugh quietly. “Uh…”

“Please? It’s the only way I’ll be able to fall asleep.”

“How about I talk with you until you fall asleep?” He suggested embarrassed by the fact that he was actually thinking about singing to her.

“Yeah, I guess that’ll work too.” She wrapped her arms around his torso, seeing as they were sharing a sleeping bag.

“Tell me what you’re thinking.” He requested.

“How cold I am…” She shivered.

Draco tangled his feet with hers too keep them warm. “Better?”

“Can you put your arms around me?” She asked quietly.

“Sure.” He wrapped his arms around her, linking them around her back. Both of their chests were now touching.

“Hmm… This is much better.” She smiled as she looked up at Draco.

“Thank you.” She kissed him. “I’m feeling more tired already.”

“You should sleep; we’ll most likely be busy tomorrow…”

“What would we be doing?” She questioned.

“Well we’ve still got to get our original tent, help out around camp, and get more fire wood…”

“Oh, you’re right. Who knew it’d be so much work?” She replaced her head in the crook of his neck.

“It’ll definitely help make time fly…”

“Yeah…” Her voice drifted off.

“We could probably walk around the Island, you and I. I can show you how to fish soon! I’m sure we’ll need to do that sometime… Would you be interested? Emma? Are you…” He looked down and noticed she had already fallen asleep. He smiled to himself and pulled the sleeping bag higher. He closed his eyes and drifted off into a slumber.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi !!! so i realized i've been sending my story around and I guess I landed on a couple profiles twice in a row so sorry for asking you to read it AGAIN. thank you for putting up with me though :) I want to thank you all again SO MUCH you guys are great readers and dont question my writing too much ! haha i know some parts of the story are a little quiestionable but keep in mind that it was ment to be that way, all questions you have about this story will be answered some way in future chapters :) i want to thank the readers that are sticking with this story even though the first 2 chapters dont make much sense, and now as you can tell, their pretty clear as to what was going on so again thank you for sticking with me :) i'll stop now because i sometimes get really tired of reading A/N's so i hope you enjoyed this chapter, the draco and emma cuteness was for my 'draco fans' readers :) love you guys !! xoxo