Status: We're putting this on hold for a while.

I Think I Might Be Having Your Baby

Thievery

Demina's POV

The ride to New York went fairly well......except for the stop at Wal-Mart on the way there. I have a feeling we're going to be stopping at Wal-Mart every time we go to another state. Not that I mind. Wal-Mart is pretty freakin awesome no matter where you go.

Nix was fidgeting next to me as we looked for a place to park in the over filled parking lot. She looked everywhere, driving up and down the rows. After the 10th row of cars without any available spots except for the handicapped spaces, we seemed to be S.O.L.

“I can’t believe thiiiiis,” Nix groaned, laying her head on the steering wheel. “I can’t believe this.” Her voice was small and weak, and she sounded like she was on the verge of tears.

We were parked in the emergency fire lane so we couldn’t really be here for long. A cop that was parked in a parking space facing us was eying us. I leaned over to Nix, rubbing her back. “What’s wrong chica?”

She mumbled something that I couldn’t hear and I asked her to repeat it. She didn’t for a while, she just sat there, rocking slightly and shaking as if she was cold. She groaned every now and then, mumbling something over and over. I was really about to start freaking out, and that’s not something I do very often.

I continued to rub her back as I asked, “Is it the baby chicachi?”

“Wha-! What’s wrong with the baby?” Shaggy shot up in his seat, awoken suddenly from his nap.

“The baby! What?” Violent J woke up next, accidentally smacking Monoxide in the face.

“Ow!! You son of a bitch! What the hell was that for?!” he yelled, waking Madrox.

“What’s with all the fuckin yellin?” Madrox yawned and stretched.

“Something’s wrong with the baby!” Shaggy shouted, unbuckling his seatbelt and leaning up to rub Nix’s back with me.

“The baby!??!!” the Twiztid duo shouted.

“What’s wrong with it?”

“Is Lil’ Nix okay?”

“What’s-!”

“SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!” Nix screeched. Apparently she was so loud a few people slowed down and looked at our vehicle.

Everyone fell silent, all eyes were on her.

“What’s wrong chica?” I asked softly.

She groaned and then took a deep breath. “I have…to pee.” She said.

Relief washed over the whole car and Nix chuckled a little as we all sat back in our seats. “I didn’t mean to freak ya’ll out,” she said.

“It’s ok chica. Come on, let’s get you inside.” I was about to climb out and go around to get her until I heard the side door of the van open. I looked back and Shaggy was gone. I smiled and got out of the car myself as Nix’s door opened. “Take good care of her,” I called after them as he walked her inside.

He flipped me the bird and kept walking, his arm around her waist as she leaned against him. I smiled and closed the door behind me. Violent J climbed out and stood next to me.

“Are you guys coming?”

Madrox shook his head. “We’re going to go find a parking space before that pig over there decides to give us a ticket.”

“Alright.” He slammed the door and then we went into the store.

I headed straight for the restrooms and went inside.

“Nixi!” I called. She answered me from the last stall, the handicapped one. I went and stood against the door, leaning back against it. “You alright in there chicachi?”

“Yeah. I feel sooo much better,” she laughed. “I’ve had to go for a while now,” she confessed. “I was just holding it in.”

“Why?! That’s not good for the baby.”

“I know,” she said. I could hear the pout in her voice. “I just wanted to get to New York soon since we have two bands we have to meet with.”

“Doesn’t mean you have to torture yourself chicachi. Waiting for five minutes while you went to the bathroom wouldn’t have hurt.” I rolled my eyes and chuckled. “I’m gonna go tell your clown that you’re ok.” As I walked away she shouted from the stall,

“HE’S NOT MINE!!”

I walked out of the bathroom with a grin on my face. Shaggy and the others were sitting on a bench across from the bathrooms and hopped up when I walked out. They all sighed in relief when they saw me smiling. I poked Shaggy’s cheek and cheesed at him then turned and went to go look around the store. Madrox and Violent J accompanied me and helped me pick out snacks. That didn’t bother me none, but what did bother me was the fact that Madrox kept looking over his shoulders.

“What is wrong with you?” I asked him finally. I tossed a pack of Oreos into our basket and then turned to him, putting my hands on my hips. He looked at me with a quirked eyebrow. “You’ve been looking over your shoulders for the past ten minutes. What the hell is wrong?”

“What? What are you talking about?” he looked around the corner of the aisle and then back at me.

“You’re acting like you stole something or being stalked,” Violent J said. He grabbed two packs of Chips Ahoy off the shelf and tossed them into the basket. He then stood by me, arm around my waist. “What’d you do?”

“I didn’t do anything,” he said without looking me in the eye.

I rolled my eyes and continued down the aisle. Violent J decided to latch on to me and had his arms around my waist as we walked. He leaned against me every now and then. It didn’t bother me at all. Sure, I like my personal space, but if it was someone I was as close to as these awesome guys I’ve gotten to know over the past few months, then my space is their space. Now if I’m not exactly all gumdrops and ice cream, then I don’t want anyone in my space. Nix doesn’t even get close to me when I’m not in a good mood, and if she doesn’t come near me, then that means no one comes near me. That rarely ever happens so-

My thoughts were cut off by the sound of Monoxide’s frantic voice coming up behind us. “Holy shit! Jamie! We gotta-whoa!” He stopped in his tracks when he saw Violent J leaning on me. “When did this happen?”

“Wha?” I looked at him confused. “Oh! He just decided to latch on to me, no big deal.”

He glanced at Madrox and then back at me and then shook his head. “Anyway! We got a bigger problem. Dude!” he turned to Madrox, “They’re going to be going back to their car soon!”

“No fuckin way! Old people are getting faster nowadays.”

“What?” I looked between the two a little worried. “What are you talking about old people for?”

“Don’t worry about it. Just uh…..you might want to go get Shaggy and Lil’ Nix. We gotta go.” Monoxide took off out the aisle followed by Madrox who pulled the van keys out of his pocket.

Now my “trouble senses” were tingling like mad-crazy. “Holy crap, holy crap!!” I tossed a few packs of Milano Double Chocolate cookies in the cart and took off towards the self-checkouts. Violent J had let go of me because it would have been difficult for him to run attached to me.

Lucky for us Nix and Shaggy were already in line. We got in right behind them and tossed our stuff onto the conveyor belt.

“What the hell is going on?” Nix asked me.

“I have no idea. I really don’t. They were talking about old people and then took off.”

“Old people? What the fuck?” Shaggy said.
I shrugged because I didn’t have an answer either. After ringing and bagging everything, we paid and then headed outside. The van was ready and waiting for us. We put our groceries in the back and then hopped in. Madrox was behind the wheel, Monoxide in the passenger seat. Nix and I were in the middle seat and Shaggy and Violent J got in the back. We all sat in uneasy silence until Violent J spoke up.

“When did we get a handicap sticker?”

All of our attention went straight to the blue card hanging on the rear view window. Both partners in crime reached for it and fumbled it around until Madrox got a good hold of it, rolled down the window, and tossed it out. Monoxide avoided looking in any of the mirrors so as to not make eye contact with any of us. Madrox’s eyes were glued to the road.

Mine, were burning holes in the back of his head rest. He glanced back at me once and immediately looked away. I sighed heavily and that seemed to loosen up everyone else. I crossed my arms and leaned my head against the window, closing my eyes. There was slight tension in the air but everyone still got to relax even if just a little. I felt someone staring at me and opened one eye. Madrox was looking at me in the rear view mirror. I closed my eye and started to feel sleepy.

“Don’t worry,” I said. He sighed in relief until I followed up with, “just wait till we get to our hotel.”

Shaggy and Violent J let out low ‘ooooos’ from the back seat, and the rest of the ride to New York was silent.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry that it's taking us so long to put up new chapters. We've started school so we won't be able to push these out as fast as we want to.
Thank you to those of you that have been waiting for this. I hope you enjoy it.

Comments? Subscribe? :)