Between Lies and Promises

Head on Without a Care Before It's Way Too Late

Monday morning, 7:55, I was going to be late for my first class…again. Bad habits die hard I suppose. English was my first class and I was Mr. Danes his angle so it wasn’t gonna be a big problem. But still I really shouldn’t get used to it, I know. The funny thing is I always kept doing it. Staying too long in bed, thinking that 5 more minutes wouldn’t matter. But 5 minutes turned always in 15 minutes and since I was not morning person it took me a while to get dressed, pack my stuff and eat my breakfast.

When I walked into the classroom most students were still chatting about their exited weekends and stuff. Except for one person, Kian. He watched me walk into the room and shook his head.

“You’re unbelievable.”

“I’m sorry,sorry,sorry! It’s just…….”

“Hey, it’s not my problem so don’t excuse to me” he broke me of.

“You’re right, I guess. But it’s just….”

“ah, I don’t wanna hear it” he raised his hand to make a statement.

“Ok,ok. Discussion is over ,I get it.”

“There never was a discussion technical.”

Sigh. “Ok, our conversation then?”

“Well actu….”

“Ah, I don’t wanna hear it!” I quoted him.

“Fine” he sounded very unsatisfied but I couldn’t care less, I had my victory for today even though it wasn’t even a competition. While I still had a huge grin on my face Mr. Danes started his lesson with some grammar. The beginning of a long lesson.

~*~

It was hot outside; I could feel the sun burning on my skin. This wasn’t rare here in the south, it always was a tropical temperature in the summer ánd winter. That’s another thing I love about this place. Every tree or plant was so fresh green, birds and butterflies were everywhere, it seems like nothing sad could happen on this side of the USA. But I knew better…..

Brownsville High wasn’t a big high school, it only had 2 floors, and they both had a small surface. But the area was amazing. A huge green field with picnic tables, benches, trees. There was also a soccer field a small outside swimming pool and a basketball field. Maybe it isn’t much but lets say for a small school like Brownville it’s huge.

“You know” I said when Kian and I walked outside for our lunch break “I haven’t seen Pippa this whole morning. Do you think she’s sick?” We walked over to one of the picnic tables on the grass outside, just under a tree.

“Ha, school sick you mean” Kian answered my question sarcastic.

“Maybe. Maybe not. Or maybe she’s really sick.”

“Oh, common! Every time when there’s a new game on the market she’s sick. Don’t deny it, the last time we checked on here when she was “sick” she was playing F.E.A.R. 2” he paused and looked me right in the eyes to give his words some more conviction. “on the release date of F.E.A.R. 2. Don’t say it isn’t true because you were there and it wasn’t the first time. She’s a freaking nerd, for crying out loud!”

I had to agree on that one, she was a nerd. And she was always sick when there was a new game coming out. But I always give people the benefit of the doubt. I hate to judge people. Like, oh that person does that a lot, he or she is like that. Or oh, that guy wears snobby cloths he’s a snob. Every person is unique and a person can be totally different at the outside from the inside. So yeah, I don’t judge like that.

But Pippa Kao is another good friend of ours (me and Kian), even though we only see each other in school. She’s a Chinese girl and adopted when she was 3. Her parents never lied about that, they were willing to help her with finding her biological parents even if that will cost a lot of money.

But it is fun having around. When she talks about computers and stuff, me and Kian have no idea what she’s talking about so we always make up our own stuff. It’s very stupid but fun.

“Well, lets visit her tonight to see it ourselves.”

“You know you can just call her on her cell phone.”

Kian knew already my answer to this. Calling someone is easy when you’re in a rush or in need otherwise it’s just so impersonal. So I wisely kept my mouth shut.

“You know Kian…” I said staring into the space “I want to do some big things this summer. Just you and me.”

“Like… a try before you die list?” he said in hesitance, kind of scared for my reaction to this.

“Yeah, like a try before you die list.”I said with a smile, showing him that it was ok.

“oh, ok. So what do you wanna do then? Go bungee jumping of something? “

“Yes for example! But what I really had in mind was going on a trip through all the states of America. Visiting all the big cities and mean while doing stuff like bungee jumping. So what do you think?!”

I couldn’t help it , but there was a huge grin on my face. I really really wanted to do this.

“But how are you gonna get there?”

“Your van! It’s big enough for the two of us to sleep in if it’s necessary. And you don’t have to worry about the money cause we can use mine. I saved a lot for the future I don’t have any more. So? Do you wanna go?”

Kian sighed deep and dropped his head in his hands. “You really have thought it all through, don’t you ?”

I smiled at him and gave him my sweet look.

“Do you wanna go?”

“I don’t know Tammy…”

“Please? KiKi?”

“Oh don’t call me that!”Annoyance was all over his face.

“KiKi?” I grinned. “Kiki,Kiki,Kiki?”

“Please, stop that!”

I gave him my puppy eyes look and he was sold.

“Ok, ok. What the hack lets do it!”
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter 8 is here!!

and I acutally ahve nothing to sa so uhm comment and lets us know what you think ;)

much love,
Nienke