Status: Finished.

I Fought It For A Long Time Now

You Lost Your Shot, Your Boy, You Know It

Jack pointed at the seat next to him when Rian entered the room. Rian took a deep breath before sitting down, how would he bring it up?

"Hey Ri, how's your day going?"

"Rough."

"Well, I have a confession that might make things easier, I like Alex."

Rian let out a bitter laugh.

Jack pouted, "Were you playing me?"

"No, things just got more complicated is all."

"What do you mean?"

"I saw Alex and May kissing in the courtyard."

Jack looked at Rian to see if he was kidding, he wasn't. Barakat sat back in the chair and stared at the glowing screen, now what was he to do? He lost Alex to his little sister.

"We don't know they're together," Rian said trying to comfort his friend.

"I'd assume they are, because if Alex is using my sister, he's so dead."

"Jack, calm down."

"I won't."

The bell dismissed them, Jack went to is locker and put all his books away. He easily got off campus and wondered to the park. Sitting down on a swing, Jack let his thoughts free.

Maybe I'm overreacting, Jack thought. He knew Alex too well, how could he possibly hurt his best friends little sister? Jack was letting his emotions for Alex over rule his thought process.

Rian waited for Alex to get to his car after school, May in several minutes later. He glanced at the windshield waiting for Jack to get out of the building.

"My brother texted me, he left early."

Rian sighed, he could confront them both. "I hate to be the middle man, but I already made myself one. What's going on with you two?"

"Nothing," Alex replied.

"Then why were you two kissing?"

"How could you say nothing?" May asked slapping Alex as she ignored Rian.

"It was just a kiss," Alex said shrugging.

He had had his mind set on making Jack jealous, but Alex realized he took it a step too far by using his sister. Jack hadn't even saw anything, Rian probably told him, and he stormed off.

Alex felt like an idiot.

Rian was driving with his hands tightly clenched to the steering wheel, he felt sick. If he hadn't told Jack about the kiss, maybe things wouldn't be so screwed up right now.

Both Alex and Jack had confessed, but they thought the other didn't like them back.