Bites

The Conversation

That stopped me. What. That did not make any sense. I didn't say that out loud, did I? No. I didn't. That means he can't be human. He has to be a vampire, but what if he's no, I can't risk the secret. But I really want to know. Maybe that is why I have a different feeling about him. He looks normal but then, so do I.
"I didn't ask that", I said still skeptical
"You thought it", he said with a smile. That caught me off guard. I opened my mouth to reply then closed it. I didn't know what to say. When I finally figured out what I was going to say Mr. Brown started to speak. He rambled on and on. It was harder to sit there, not knowing, than before. I was so curious.
I thought it was obvious. The thought came into my mind. It was definitely not mine. I looked up at Miles in surprise, his eyes caught mine and he winked. That was not what I expected. So he was a vampire... and he coulod read my mind. Might as well have a conversation with him.
So your one of us? I pushed into his head.
Yea. I am surprised to see another of my kind here.
You’re surprised? I thought sarcastically.
I guess you are too. Do you know of any others?
Yea. My family.
Family?
Well as close to family as you can get. That’s five. And you?
I'm alone.
Oh.
Then the bell rang.
"Skyler!” I shouted when I spotted him in the Cafeteria.
MAJOR issue. We need to talk. Your car now. Follow my lead. He was standing in a group of his friends. Walking up I started talking, not caring if he didn’t catch the beginning. "Mom needs us at home."
"Why?" he asked, honestly curious. What's going on?
Lianda had her baby. Mom wants us to meet her at the hospital." Sorry. That was the only thing I could think of.
"Oh okay. Let's go." he added, It’s cool. Must be major, for you to walk in that way, he turned and said good bye.
It is. With that I headed for the parking lot.

--------------------------------------------------->>>>>>>>>>>

Soon we where both in the car and Skyler looked at me expectantly. where should I start, as I was think over bits of what happened trying to decide where to start, Skyler was already catching the brief parts from my mind.
"WHAT!!” he bellowed.
"His name is Miles Crawford; I met him in my class. He's like us for sure, and He can read minds like you. I tried to hide our secret, or at least that there weren't any more of us, but I had no chance he took me by surprise.” I rushed on, "He said he was alone, I can't even tell if he was lying, he was blocking me or something."
Skyler sat there for a long second, thinking over everything I said, my thoughts, and anything else I couldn't word right. Then he started the car, "we need to talk to Jacob," he said breaking the silence, as we made our way out of the parking lot, speeding down the road
♠ ♠ ♠
here's chapter 3. please tell me what you think.