Status: Completed

Draco Malfoy and Me

Huh? But I Served Detention With You!

I ran towards my dorm, tears streaming down my face. 'He put his hands on me! Oh God, he put his hands on me!!!!'

"What's the matter Theresa?" asked Neville, as he tried to catch up with me.

"Snape touched me," I whispered. "He must have been drunk or something because I know he would never do that!!!"

"Come with me Theresa, we will go to McGonagall," said Neville.

Professor McGonagall was in her office, grading papers when we entered. She looked up at me, saw how upset I looked, and walked over to me. "What's wrong, my dear?"

"Snape- Professor Snape touched me inappropriately ma'am" I said, shivering from remembering his awful hands roaming all over my body.

"OH MY GOODNESS!" cried McGonagall. "I shall alert the headmaster immediately! Go back to your dorm, and I will have someone send for you when we need you to come down to the headmaster's office Don't worry Miss Smith, it will all be sorted out."
_______________________________________________________________________

"Headmaster, what would make you think I would even want to touch this girl?" asked Snape.

McGonagall, Snape, Dumbledore, and I sat in the office, sitting in a chair and looking down at the floor. Fawks the phoenix sat on his perch, and looked at me curiously, as if he knew how miserable I was, and wanted me to feel better.

"Well, Miss Theresa did say that you touched her during detention tonight" said Dumbledore quietly.

"She is a filthy mud blooded liar!" spat Snape. "We never had detention together! She is making this all up so she can get me fired!"

"Language, Severus," warned Dumbledore.

"Sir, I did have detention! I was to label the potions bottles and arrange them in alphabetical order! I will prove it! I drank vertaserum, and if you go down to the potions room, you shall see that the bottle is labeled Veritaserum in my handwriting!"

"Honestly, Dumbledore, the girl is barking mad!" shouted Snape. "Maybe a trip to St. Mungo's will cure her head"

"Why not go to the dungeons?" asked McGonagall. "What's the worst that can happen?"
_______________________________________________________________________

"SEE! Here's the bottle!" I cried, holding up the bottle of veritaserum proudly. "If you still don't believe me, let me show you more proof!"

With that, I took a swig of the potion. "What is your full name?" asked Dumbledore, testing the potion.

"Theresa Mary Smith," I said truthfully.

"Who do you love?" asked Snape cruelly.

"You awful- Draco Malfoy, Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Neville Longbottom," I blurted out. "Draco is the only one in my heart. The others I love as friends..."

"Did you have detention with Snape tonight?" asked McGonagall.

"Yes."

"But-but," stammered Snape.

"QUIET!" shouted McGonagall. "Now Theresa, what happened during the detention?"

"Snape made me sort out potions, labeling them and the like. He made me arrange them in alphabetical order. As I began, he came close to me, and then he- he started to touch me and he felt me up." I began to sob uncontrollably, and Snape turned green.

"How could I have been with the girl if I was trying to put Peeves in order?" said Snape. "Ask him! He will tell you! He was dropping dung bombs on first years right after dinner!"

"Peeves!" thundered Dumbledore.

There was a mischievous cackle, and Peeves, the Poltergeist appeared. "Peeves, have you been up to mischief tonight?" asked Dumbledore.

"Tee hee!" laughed Peeves, bouncing off the walls. "I've kept old Snevellius here busy tonight! Har har!!!!!!"

"But then who could have?" I began.

"Severus, you are free to go. Theresa, I want you to stay out of trouble. There is someone at Hogwarts who is an enemy, and if you get yourself into any more mischief, I fear that you might be harmed or worse the next time."
_______________________________________________________________________

I avoided Snape as much as I could. I wouldn't dare raise my hand in his class, and buried my face in the potions book. Even in my other classes, my grades soared higher than ever, mostly due to the fact that I had alienated myself from everyone I loved and cared about.

I hadn't spoken to Luna since the Yule Ball, and even though we were on speaking terms, we were both so busy with our schoolwork. Harry, Ron, and Hermione wanted me to hang out with them by the Black Lake, but I declined them everytime, saying I had to study for the final task. Poor Draco suffered the worst. Whenever he tried to come over to me, I would get up and leave. I couldn't bear the touch of a man anymore. It was all the same to me, it all felt unsafe.

"Tessie, what is with you lately?" asked Draco.

"Please Draco, don't touch me," I whispered.

"Tell me what is wrong. You know I only want to help you..."

"You can't help me, alright?" I sneered. "No one can help me ok? So stop trying to chase me down in the hallway. Stop touching me! Isn't this what your family has always wanted? Well, now they've got it!"

I stormed out of the room, and ran up to my dorm.

"REDUCTO!" I shouted, pointing my wand at my door. Nothing happened. I opened the door, and pointed my wand at the vase that held the flowers Draco had gotten me recently. "REDUCTO!"

The vase sat there, unharmed. "REDUCTO!"

I threw myself onto the bed, and sobbed. 'What is happening to me? Why can't I do magic?'

"You can't do magic if you are really emotionally upset Theresa, I thought everyone knew that," said a voice.

I turned to see Dumbledore standing in the doorway of my room.

"Sir, how did you know?"

"I thought you knew that I was one of the most powerful-"

"OH!" I said, blushing. "You are a Legilimens like me too..."

"Yes, I am," said Dumbledore. "Theresa, you shouldn't isolate yourself like this... Do you know how Draco is feeling right now?"

I listened for Draco's thoughts, but heard nothing.

"Sir, if I may inquire..."

"Shoot."

"How am I able to hear Draco's thoughts?" I asked.

"Well, most legilimens can hear multiple thoughts or the thoughts of the people they want to know. But the rare and unique ones, such as yourself, can hear only one because they are connected somehow by the other person..."

"How am I connected to Draco sir?"

"Love, Theresa," said Dumbledore with a twinkle in his eye. "But lately that connection has dimmed because of your blockage of his thoughts. since you have isolated yourself, you therefore block all access to Draco's mind."

"Theresa, Draco is very upset that you have been avoiding him lately. I've had Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Neville come to my office, telling me how you have become almost like a different person lately..."

"Just because I want to get ahead in the last task does NOT mean that I am not myself!" I screamed.

"I know that whoever put his hands on you is making you act this way, Theresa," said Dumbledore quietly. "And I must inform you that if you continue to bottle up your feelings, you will not survive the final task. Talk to your friends and Draco. They will understand."