Status: Completed

Draco Malfoy and Me

Ireland vs. Bulgaria, And What Followed After The

We finished unpacking, and I asked Draco to take me to the Quidditch pitch. The game was going to start in an hour, but walking up all of those thousands of steps would take us a lifetime! We were sitting in the best seats money could buy, all the way at the top.

The view was breathtaking. At each end of the pitch were three golden hoops, where the chasers would throw the quaffle through. The referee had set the Golden Snitch out early so it could fly around the stadium freely so the seeker would not be able to find it so easily.

The snitch flitted around me, and I began to giggle, and Draco caught it, and showed it to me. It was a beautiful, golden ball with fragile wings that stirred in his hand. Draco released it, and the snitch went darting about around the stadium.

"It's so beautiful," I sighed. I watched as the Bulgarian team began to do several warm up laps around the stadium. When they finished, Ireland began to do their drills, getting psyched up for the game. I watched as people began to file into their seats, and then noticed a bunch of people from school...

"HARRY! RON! HERMIONE! What's going on?" I said, giving them all hugs. "How was your summer?"

"Mine sucked," said Harry, looking down at his feet.

"I studied the whole summer, and then went to France for holidays," said Hermione, putting her arm around Ron.

"I've been with Hermione the last few days, and I can't say those days have been altogether that bad..." said Ron, smiling.

"Who are-" I began as two red haired boys, a few years older than me came over.

"Here, I think you dropped your wand," said one of the red haired boys.

"Thank you," I said, taking the wand. As I went to put it away, a rubber duck emerged from the tip. "What the?"

The two boys laughed, and I looked back at them puzzled.

"Forgive us, we couldn't help ourselves," said the other twin. "You were just a victim of the famous Weasley Twins. I'm George, and that over there is Fred."

"Oh, now I get it," I said, smiling a bit. "Very clever, looks like the real thing mate! I'm Theresa Smith, pleasure to meet you."

"Ah, pleasure is all mine," said Fred, kissing my hand politely.

"Get outta the way, I was gonna do that!" cried George, pushing Fred.

"Boys, control yourselves!" cried a woman with flaming red hair. "Honestly, you are making such a ruckus!"

"You must be Mrs. Weasley!" I said, shaking her hand. "Nice to meet you. I'm Ron's friend Theresa Smith."

"Nice to meet you!" said Mrs. Weasley. "We best be going, my husband is saving our seats..."

I waved as all of my friends left to go to their seats. "I'm gonna root for Ireland, that's my country," I said, watching the emerald cloaked Irish team ready for the game.

"Pfff!" said Draco. "Even though they are good, they have nothing on Krum! Victor Krum is one of the best seekers in Europe! Lynch may be okay, but Krum will kick his ass any day!"

"Oh, I see," I said smiling as Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy sat next to us.

"Did we miss anything?" asked Mr. Malfoy.

"No dad, just a few Potter fans, and the Weasley family..." Draco said.

"Ugh, Saint Potter is here with the blood traitor family, and that filthy mudblood too? God, the filth they allow in public places these days!"

I began to tense in my seat, ready to shout an angry tirade over Dracos father, but then I remembered myself.

"What's wrong Theresa?" asked Mrs. Malfoy, looking concerned.

"Oh, it's a stomachache..." I said, trying to calm down a bit. "Must have been something I ate..."

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WELCOME TO THE QUIDDITCH WORLD CUP!" said a commentator. "LET US WELCOME THE BULGARIAN TEAM OF DIMITROV, IVANOVA, ZOGRAF, LEVSKI, VULCHANOV, VOLKOV, AND KRUM!!!!!!!!"

The Bulgarian team flew over us, and the crowd began to cheer excitedly.

"AND HERE COME THE MASCOTS OF BULGARIA!" boomed the commentator.

Pale blonde women came onto the field, and began to dance intensely. They were beautiful creatures, and next to me, I felt Draco make a move as if to get up and climb over the box seat to get to them.

"Draco, get ahold of yourself!" I said, slapping his face. "Do you want to kill yourself?"

"Huh?" said Draco, looking around, breaking out of his trance.

"What are those... those awful creatures?" I whispered into his ear.

"Veela, beautiful creatures that can lure men into doing things that they wouldn't normally do," said Draco, slumping into his seat. I elbowed him in the ribs for his foolishness, and we continued to watch.

"AND NOW FOR IRELAND'S PRIDE: CONNOLLY, RYAN, TROY, MULLET, MORAN, QUIGLEY, AND LYNCH!!!!!!!!"

I cheered as the Irish team flew over the crowds, and dropped gold coins on the unsuspecting crowd. I looked at the coins, and pocketed a few for keepsakes.

"NOW FOR THE IRISH MASCOTS!"

Fireworks went off in the darkening sky, and leprechauns came out, dancing an Irish jig in midair. When they finished, they took out a flask of ale, and drank heartily.

"So much like an Irishman," I chuckled to myself.

"AND NOW, LET THE GAME BEGIN!"

It was all a blur to me as the quaffle was passed among the players, and soon the score was in Ireland's favor.

"YEAH!!!!!!!!" I shouted as Ireland scored the first point. "Eat that Draco!"

Draco gave me a dirty look, and turned back to look at the game. Ireland had a superb team, the players worked well together as a team, and soon, the score was 40-0 Ireland.

"What's wrong with your Krum? Can't seem to find the snitch? Maybe it's up his bum..."

"Shut it Tessie," scowled Draco. "God, Bulgarias playing like crap. Come on guys! Shake it off, and get your head back in the game!"

"LOOK DRACO!" I shouted, pointing at the zooming Krum and Lynch. "He's spotted the snitch!"

The two seekers raced eachother, and then at the last minute...

"Ooooohh!" shouted the crowd, as poor Lynch hit the ground, and Krum flew away.

"TIME OUT!" cried the announcer.

"What the hell was that about! I thought he had the damn snitch for a second!" I said angrily.

"Hahaha!" chuckled Draco. "See, Krum never fails to pull out the stops. He just pulled one of the oldest tricks in the book, and Lynch fell for it! Wronski Feint! What a great fake out!"

I slumped back in my seat, angry that the seeker was hurt. It wasn't long before Lynch was back in the air again.

"Hooray! He's gonna be alright!" I cried.

The game became more and more violent as it went on. Bulgaria began to get into the game more now, and was getting fouled like no other for their beater hitting Krum instead of the intended bludger.

"THAT'S A FOUL RIGHT THERE!" screamed Draco at the referee as the referee scolded the beater for his mistake. "THAT WAS DELIBERATE DAMN IT!"

"Guess not, Draco," I said, as Moran scored, making the score 170 to 10, Ireland.

"Oh my God! Go Lynch!!!!!" I screamed as Lynch began to dive suddenly. He had seen the snitch!

"They are going to collide!" said Draco, biting his nails in anticipation. Krum began to follow Lynch now, and was gaining speed fast.

CRASH! Both players had fallen off their brooms, and the referee came running over to see who had caught the snitch. Krum rolled over on his side, and held the golden ball in his hand above his head.

"KRUM HAS CAUGHT THE SNITCH, BUT IRELAND WINS!" said the commentator. "160 to 170, Ireland!"
_______________________________________________________________________

We walked back down the many stairs to the tent, Draco scowling all the way. "That dumbass! If he could have waited till Bulgaria scored two more times, then they would have won! But no!! ARGH!!!"

I just patted Draco on the back, and tried to be nice to him after that. We had some supper, and then I kissed Draco on the cheek before going to bed.

"Goodnight my love," I whispered to him. "I hope you feel better in the morning."

BANG! BANG! BANG!

I woke with a start, throwing on a cloak over my pajamas, and getting my wand. I held it tightly in my hand as I opened my door.

The door to the tent was ajar, and as I went to shut it, a horrible sight met my eyes.

Three people: a man, a woman, and a small child were hovering above the people below them, who wore hoods that covered their faces.

Jets of green light exploded throught the sky, and I was rooted to the spot, unable to move from the sheer terror of it all.

"MUDBLOODS BEWARE!!!" shouted a hooded person who was controlling the woman hovering above.

I began to hyperventilate, and there was a hand on my shoulder. I spun around to see an equally scared Draco, and he took my hand and led me outside.

"We are not safe here, we have to leave the tent before-"

BOOM! In an instant, a nearby tent had caught on fire. "That happens..." said Draco, running with me away from the chaos.

"What's going on Draco?" I shouted over the roar of the hooded people.

"Death Eaters, Tessie..." Draco said, pulling me under a tree, far away from the crowds.

"MORSEMORDRE!" shouted a voice.

The sky burst with a sound like a bomb going off. I gazed up to the sky, and saw a glowing Dark Mark in the sky.

"That's the Dark Mark Draco!" I cried, as he held me in his arms. "I'm scared, Draco."

"Don't worry, I won't let them hurt you..." said Draco, as he kissed my forehead, and led me off deeper and deeper into the forest.