‹ Prequel: Family Reunion
Sequel: Communion

Union

The Secret Bearer

Rose was gasping as Billie Joe dragged her out of the villa, and sat her down in his car. He closed the passenger door behind her, ran around to the driver's side and hopped in.

As they pulled out of the driveway, Rose grabbed her chest feeling herself unable to breathe. "Holy shit! Holy fuck Billie! What the fuck did he just say?" Rose cried.

"It was fucking bullshit!" Billie Joe shouted.

"Are you fucking lieing to me?!" Rose cried with desperation.

"No!" Billie snapped at her.

"Oh God...it's a fucking conspiracy!" Rose shouted.

"No it's not! Now do you want to calm down and tell me what the fuck happened tonight?!" Billie shouted over top of her.

Rose went silent but her entire body was trembling and her breathing was very apparent to both her and Billie.

"Well? What the fuck started this?!" Billie asked again.

"Stop fucking yelling at me! I can't take it! I can't take it! Not anymore..." Rose sobbed.

"Fuck..." Billie sighed. "I'm sorry, what happened?" he said in a lower toned voice.

Rose gasped again, "Frank came home again earlier and I was in bed. But mind you Billie, this is after he came home from your house this afternoon as well and told me he was going to get drunk and kill himself."

"Fuck me...what the hell is going on with him?" Billie asked, already knowing she had no way of knowing.

"And--and...uhh--and...he came home again while I was sleeping tonight. And--and...I heard him, downstairs for about three hours before he came to bed."

"Yeah..." Billie said, confirming he was still listening.

"I told him we needed to talk; instead he insulted me and called me a fucking nag! And, he was so insensitive to me..." Rose cried as she thought of her beloved husband, Frank, being so upset over something that he found it necessary to act in such a way.

"He fucking attacked you or something didn't he?! That's why he was fucking bleeding when I showed up..." Billie said assumingly.

"Yes!" Rose cried.

"Why?" Billie asked.

"Because...that's what I mean, he was very insensitive."

"Rose--Rose, you're not making sense," Billie Joe sighed.

"I told him I didn't want to have sex with him! There!" Rose bellowed.

"Wait, what? He expected you to?" Billie Joe asked with shock. He thought this to be outrageous, considering Rose had just been raped only a month prior.

"He's so fucking crazy... He purpously approached me the same way as my attacker! It's all a fucking conspiracy! God, I'm losing my fucking mind too," Rose cried.

"What!? Tre raped you!?" Billie shrieked in shock.

"No...but he wanted to. That's when I called you...Fuck!" Rose screamed as she smashed the dashboard.

"He's going to seriously fucking hurt someone, or himself," Billie said.

"My mom, didn't want me..." Rose cried. "Nobody fucking wanted me! Only that perverted fucking ass creep who knew I'd be head over heels for him!" Rose sniffled.

"That's not true..." Billie repeated.

"Stop lieing to me!" Rose screamed at her cousin. "You guys all knew I was a fucking fan, before I even set down on the runway. Didn't you!?"

"No!" Billie shouted. "Tre's just lost his mind. There's no plot against you!"

"Yeah fucking right..." Rose said.

"Maybe Tre's gone crazy Rose. But he's still Tre, he can pick off random stories just like that! And I think you probably knew that about him before you even met him!" Billie said to defend the family.

Rose was silent for the rest of the drive to Billie's house. When they pulled up in his driveway, she just sat in the car feeling completely distraught as Billie got out and came around her side of the vehicle. "Come on..." he said after opening her door.

Rose was feeling so upset it was making her physically ill. She leant out the car door and puked all over the driveway. "Oh God, I feel like I'm going to die!"

"Here..." Billie Joe said as he helped her out of the car and started to walk her up to the house. He helped Rose through the front door and into the foyer.

Adrienne was still awake in the living room and she gazed into the foyer at the site of her husband, helping in a very fucked up looking Rose.

"What happened?" Adrienne asked as she stood up from the couch.

"I'm going to go take Rose upstairs. I'll be back down in a minute," Billie Joe said to his wife.

Adrienne nodded and watched the pair disappear from the foyer and up the stairs.

"Billie...oh God. It's over...me and Frank...." Rose cried, as all the pleasant memories she had shared with her husband filled her thoughts.

Billie Joe laid Rose down in a guest bedroom, and turned the light off. "Go to sleep Rose. Tomorrow, we'll get this half sorted out."

"Billie wait!" Rose shouted as she lay in the bed. Billie Joe walked back over to where Rose was laying. He was unprepared for it for what was about to happen.

Rose punched Billie, her idol, her favoured family member, square in the face.

"Shit!" Billie shouted as he jumped back and held his face. He looked up at Rose before leaving the room and slamming the door shut behind him.

"I FUCKING HATE YOU!" Rose screamed.

She fell into a fatigue spell right away. She was just emotionally exhausted and quickly drifted into a dream-filled slumber.....

'Oh my God. Tre Cool and Mike Dirnt are about to walk in the front door,' Rose sighed to herself, as she left the memorabila room after Billie, following him into the foyer. He was about to open the front door; her heart raced out of her chest.

"Hey, what's up?" she heard a voice from outside echo.

Just then, two new 'familiar strangers' packed into the front foyer.

"Hi," she squeeked out in a small nervous tone.

"Guys, this is my cousin Rose," Billie Joe said, proudly introducing his cousin.

"Hi Rose," Mike and Tre said in unison.

They walked out into the living room. The four of them. All though she was trying to make it unobvious; she couldn't stop staring at Tre. 'He really is more beautiful than goofy,' she began to think to herself.

He started hitting on her as they sat on the living room couch, 'Holy fuck, is this really happening right now? Man, I love Tre. He is goofy, but more than anything just himself,' she thought in her deepest of dreams.

Suddenly she was snatched away from the first time she met her husband; emmersed in another very particular event.

'Hmm...I wonder what that tapping noise is?' she thought, as she rolled about in the bed of an upstairs guest bedroom at Billie's welcoming home. 'I can't sleep...damn that noise is bugging me....' In the shadows of her bedroom, she looked out the window at a full moon overhead. It was almost, blue in colour.

'I wish I could have a dream.... I never dream at all...damn, there's that tapping or knocking noise again. Wait a minute? Knocking?'

She turned towards the wall and placed her knuckles up against it gently and returned the knocking. This continued for a long while.

"I'm coming in there!" an expected voice called to her through the wall finally. She turned on to her back, and stared up at the high ceiling. 'This all seems strangely familiar to me.'

There, a silhoutted figure appeared in the doorway. It closed the door part way, before sauntering over to her quietly in the veiled darkness.

"So yeah, I can't sleep right now," the figure said, as it sat down on the end of her bed.

She pause her thoughts for a moment, 'What is supposed to follow this line?'

"I was feeling kind of burnt out earlier, but I'm back again..." she answered the figure.

"So yeah, I saw what your mom was doing earlier," the shadow said.

"Yeah well, thanks for sticking up for me," she answer.

"Yeah, it was no problem."

What was bringing a smile to her face at this moment? Perhaps it was the memory of one crazy night in a bar three years prior.

"So, what prevoked you to dress up and act like a gay stripper in a straight bar?" she asked the figure, whom she obviously already knew who it was.

"Act like a gay stripper?" the voice laughed.

The rest of the conversation became blurry to her, as she tossed around in her dream state. Her eyes alive with R.E.M..

All she knew now is that this familar figure and she were making love, under the moonlight pouring in the window. When it came to her mind, which was drifting all about moments of her life with Tre Cool. She wondered, why she just happened to be laying in the same bed she lost her virginity in.

When her present met her past in her wandering mind, and in the middle of making love with her future husband; she moaned his name quietly under her breath, "Frank..."

They finished making love and he rolled off of her. Side by side they lay for quite a long while. "Were you a virgin?" he asked her suddenly.

"Ah yeah..." she replied.

"Wow, that's really cool. So are you all good then?" he asked me.

"Yeah I'm fine," she assured him. The next thing she found out would alter her life forever.

"Where's the condom?" he whispered.


***

Rose gasped as she woke up and jumped up in her bed quickly. "Shit..." she sighed.

She looked around her, when she went to bed she hadn't taken much notice of what room she was in. This was the same room she had first had sex with Frank in. Three years prior.

She began to recall her dream as she lay awake in bed in the very quiet house. The sun was starting to rise in the east and lighten the memory of a moonlit night with the drummer of Green Day.

'What if he had purpously taken the condom off, just to entrap me?' she thought to herself. Nothing that she could think about now would ease her mind.

In fact, it would likely only cause her a major migraine.

***

"Fuck..." Tre said as he realized he'd now been left all alone. "Oh God Rose, I'm sorry...come back!" he cried as he picked a table up from the foyer and smashed it against the door.

The expensive table's legs broke and rolled in all directions all over the floor. Tre collapsed on the cold marble tiles, and fell asleep....

"Stupid Billie won't let me come to his crappy little reunion thing," Tre said as he paced around his house in boredom.

A ringing phone was heard and he rushed to answer it, "Hello?!"

"Hey man, it's Mike. I'm on my way over to Billie's, you want me to come pick you up?"

"It's not happening... Billie won't let anyone but family over right now," Tre replied disgruntingly.

"He just invited me over," Mike insisted.

"Oh, I see how it is... No 'Tre' allowed, that's all huh?"

"No, he told me to invite you too," Mike said.

"Okay, that's very odd... But okay, I'll get ready."

They arrived at Billie's house and walked in the front door. Tre was met by the face of an angel. 'Who is this beautiful girl?' he thought to himself.

"Guy's this is my cousin Rose," Billie said, as he introduced this new member of his family.

They went out into the living room. Tre couldn't stop staring at her. She was staring at him too, obviously trying to be unobvious.

"You're hot..." he said to her. 'Okay, why did I say that? I think she's beautiful, not hot', Tre thought to himself, disconcerted with his approach at spiking her interest.

'Aww, she sure does look cute when she blushes. I think I'm embarrassing the crap out of her. Oh well, can't stop now,' Tre thought, making himself feel giddy.

"Tre stop hitting on my cousin!" Billie yelled.

"Sorry...can't blame a guy for having interest," Tre replied.

"So, how old are you?' Tre asked her.

"Seventeen..." she answered.

"That's okay, I like 'em young," he foolishly replied. 'Damn, I'm asking to get my ass kicked right now. I don't like really young chicks; she's just really beautiful,' Tre thought, rolling his eyes at his stupidity.

"Stop it!" Billie snapped again, and punched Tre extremely hard in the arm.

"Ouch...that was completely unnecessary," Tre snarked.

His mind transported him somewhere. It was late and he was feeling bored as I lay in a guest bedroom at Billie's house. He had no memory of why he was here.

Being a man, as Tre is. All he could remember were the sexual moments from the night he first got to hang out with his future wife...

Rose and he were rolling about the sheets on a bed in her guest suite bedroom. 'Her skin is so soft, against mine and she smells beautiful,' Tre reminiced to himself.

Rose whimpered and moaned all at the same time. They were trying to be quiet, they didn't want to wake everyone in the house.

"Rose..." he breathed as he kissed her neck gently.

He felt afraid right now. Rose was going to go home back east at the end of the week. She would be leaving him, and he might never have seen her again.

'I've never felt this way about anyone. It seems like her and I have a bond, it's very special. And what's even weirder, I think I'm in love with her already,' Tre dreamt, knowing exactly how and why these events took place.

The next moment was monumental and vital to how he'd ensure Rose always has a tie to him.

As he climaxed, he pulled the condom off himself on the last thrust, leaving it inside her.


***

Tre woke up on the floor of the foyer. The dream he had just had was fresh in his memory. "Fuck..." he sighed. He knew why he had gotten Rose pregnant already, but now that he looked back on it, he found it to be a very selfish decision he had made.

Seeing the telephone left beside him on the floor Tre rolled over and picked it up. He thought he could use someone to talk to. And once again, he thought he would get advice and confide his secrets in his best friend, Mike Dirnt.

He dialed Mike's home phone and stared up at a clock that was on the wall. It read quarter to four in the morning. The phone rang and rang and rang.

"Uhh...hello?" whispered a groggy sounding voice.

"Mike?" Tre sniffled.

"Yeah? Who is this?"

"Mike, it's Tre man."

"Oh hey, what time is it?" Mike said drowsily.

"About four in the morning," Tre answered as he tried to wipe his tears.

"What are you doing up? What's wrong?" Mike asked with concern.

"Bill just left with Rose..." Tre replied. His crying became louder and more apparent to Mike.

"Why?" Mike asked with a continuing tired drawl.

"Because we got into a fight. And I tried to hurt Rose..." Tre whispered shamefully.

"You did? Why?" Mike asked, as he sat up in his bed, more awake.

"She just doesn't know what I'm going through right now. I can't tell anyone..." Tre said quietly.

"Man, she's had a rough time in the last month. Don't you think you should ease off?" Mike suggested.

"Yes...yes I know," Tre sniffled as he adverted his eyes around the empty house from the view of being on the foyer floor.

"So how did Billie get involved?" Mike wondered.

"Rose called him," Tre said calmly.

"Oh, what were you doing?" Mike asked.

"I was chasing her," Tre whispered almost inaudibly.

Mike caught what his friend had told him. "Oh..." is all he said.

"Yeah..."

"So...umm what is it that you can not tell anyone?" Mike asked curiously as he yawned.

"I can't even bring it up..." Tre said.

"Man, how long have you known me for?" Mike asked.

"Pfft...I don't know. Over twenty years," Tre said.

"Yeah, you see? You can tell me anything," Mike smiled.

"No...not yet..."