A Radiant Butterfly ?

Chapter 4

Image

Yesterday went by really fast. When I arrived at the shop Adrienne had informed me that Kat wasn't going to be in because of a photo shoot she had to do at the last minuet. She also told me that Kat had texted me but I never replied. I felt bad and decided to text her back. She asked how the search for a place was going and I explained to her that I only had three days to find a place now instead of the two weeks I thought I did. She hadn't replied in hours but when she finally did she said she had to ask me something when she got back. I was really confused by that. I wonder what she has to ask me.

This morning I woke up before my alarm could go off. I just couldn't sleep. Yesterday after work, I went around the area looking at the apartments for sale and not only weren't there any in the area but almost all were broken down or too expensive. I still don't know what I'm gonna do, or where I'm gonna end up. Looks like I better start looking for a hotel for now.

I lifted myself out of my bed and gave a good stretch. As I got ready for work I said a silent prayer that hopefully something good will today. Maybe I'll find a place.

When I arrived at the shop, it was already opened. I thought I'd be the first here one but I guess I was wrong. When I walked in I saw Kat on the couch painting her nails.

"Hi!" She squeaked as she got up really quick and ran over to me giving me a hug. She seemed very hyper and happy. I wish I felt like that right now.

"Hey Kitty Kat." I hugged her back forcing a smile on my face. "How was the photo shoot?" I asked her.

Being careful not to mess up her newly painted finger nails she let go of me gently and pulled me by the arm of my sweater over to the couch she was just sitting at. "That's what I have to talk to you about."

"Why what happened?" I asked slipping my sweater off.

"Nothing...I actually just took a day off from work yesterday." She smiled at me.

"Oh? Lucky you. But why'd you tell everyone you had a photo shoot? We would've understood if you needed a day off." I smiled at her, taking a seat on the other side of the couch.

"No well, it wasn't to take time off. I was so that I could look for a place for you next to my apartment." She said happily.

I looked at her with hope. "Oh?!"

"But I didn't find anything." She still smiling.

"Oh. . ." I looked at her confused as she still looked cheery.

"So then I was all sad and stuff. BUT!" She paused as Adrienne came in.

"Hey girly girls!" Adrienne said as she headed our way.

"Hi!" Kat bursted out quickly then focussed her attention back on me.

"What's up with her?" Adrienne whispered over to me.

I shrugged as we both looked back at Kat with a huge grin on her face.

"So THEN I thought 'Why don't you come live with me!?" She said.

"Hey why not, you haven't found a place yet." Adrienne tapped my shoulder as she continued her way to the back room.

"SO!?" Kat continued. "What'd you say?!" She asked.

I just looked at her shocked. "Kat I. . . I don't know. That's too much of me to ask of you."

"You didn't ask! I offered." She placed her palm on my arm. "Plus I have an extra room for nothing! You can move in and it'll have a purpose!" She giggled.

"Kat I- . . ." I paused. "Thank you." I reached over giving her a huge hug.

Suddenly I felt another pair of arms around me. I opened an eye and saw Adrienne's tattooed arm at my side.

"I felt left out." She joked.

We all laughed at her.

"So it's settled! You're moving in with me." Kat smiled at me.

"Yeah, I guess I am." I smiled at her.

"Yippee!" She jumped up.

"But just until I find a place of my own. But until then I'll pay half your rent."

"Nooo! You don't really have to." She told me.

"The hell I don't!"

That night Kat and I went to my current apartment and brought as much stuff as we possibly could to her's. . . or should I say our apartment.

"I think we can make another trip, right?" Kat said over to me as she threw another bag of clothes in her trunk.

"We could but are you sure? It's already twelve fifteen." I looked over at her from my car as I shoved in another box of nic-nacs.

"I'm up for it! unless your tired. You wanna sleep over you're new place tonight?" She smiled.

"Sure! But I have to ask one thing." I looked over at her.

"What?" She paused.

"Are there monsters in the closet?"

She laughed. "I hope not. Hey call me when we get on the high way!"

"Okie doke." I said getting into my car.

When I did I grabbed my phone dialed her number and put it on speaker phone. The phone didn't even ring twice and she had picked up. "I wonder who this could be?" She joked.

"It's Santa Claus!" I lied.

She gasped."Holy smokes! Hi Santa!" She laughed. "You ready to go-go?"

"Yup! After you madam."

"Why, thank you." She said as she pulled out ahead of me.

Midway through our conversation on the road I heard a beeping sound on Kat's side of the phone.

"Oh hold on I think I have another call."

"Okie doke." I told her.

Two minuets later I heard Kat laughing and another voice.

"Magda! I want you to meet Bam. Bam say hi to Magda."

"Hello Magda!" He said.

It was a good thing that the light was red because I probably would have swerved off the road if I were still driving. "H-Hi?"

He laughed. "So what's up with you two?" He asked.

"Magda's moving in with me!" Kat yelled.

"Oooooh! Cool. What are you guys doing now? I hear stuff in the background."

"We're moving Magda's things in my place. We're on the road right now. She's in her car and I'm in mine." Kat informed him.

"Oh. Well congrats."

"Thanks." I smiled. "Anything I should be warned about?" I joked.

"Uh yeah! Watch out for Holly and Leebo. Turns out they're not rats after all." Bam laughed.

"Hey! Leave my babies out of this!" Kat yelled at him.

"Ha! Ha! Ha!." He continued.

I laughed with him.

"You guys are mean." Kat pouted.

"Sorry Katherine!" He gushed.

"It's Kat! "

I laughed at them.

"Is Novak coming with you?" Kat asked Bam.

"No, but um... Terry is. Hey I gotta go now. We're goin to the bar."

"Okay, See you next week!" Kat bid him farewell.

"Alright. Bye. Bye Magda." He said before he ended his side of the conversation.

"Hey were are you? I don't see you on my mirror." Kat asked me.

"I'm right here." I said switching lanes and speeding up.

"Where?"

"Here." I said as I passed the car that was previously behind Kat and took their place.

"Oh."

I chuckled.

"Dude I'm so happy you're moving in with me."

"I'm grateful that you're letting me. Seriously Kat, your a great friend. I haven't even known you for very long but your like my best friend." I told her honestly.

"Aww! I feel loved." She giggled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this one was kind of short. :-/