A Radiant Butterfly ?

Chapter 5

Image

'Dear Mom,
I'm sorry I haven't called. Everything is going fine'

" . . . Nahh!" I said to myself. "Delete!" I said as I deleted the message I was going to send to my mom.

Just then Holly jumped onto the couch next to me. She rubbed her head on my wrist as it rested on the mouse pad. I smiled at her as I picked her up and cuddled her in my arms.

"Holly. . .why is this so hard?"

She meowed at me and licked her mouth. I decided the message could wait another day or so. I closed my laptop and and played with Holly a bit. While I was doing so it seems that Leebo got a tiny bit jealous. So now I had two kitties to play with.

"Hey hey hey!" Kat greeted us as she came through the front door.

"Hello!" I laughed as Leebo pawed Holly to the face. "Heh-heh hey- . Leebo, that's not nice."

"Aww are they fighting over you?" Kat giggled.

"I hope not. I'm nothing to fight over." I smiled at her.

Kat put down the groceries on the floor and opened up a bag to put away. I got up off the couch and walked over to her to help.

"Hey, just outta curiosity. . ."

"Yeah?" I asked stocking some cans in a cabinet.

"Have you ever had a boyfriend?" She chuckled.

"Um...no. "

"Are you serious?!"

"Yeah?" I bushed.

"W-Why?" She laughed.

"I don't know. I was never really an attractive girl." I told her honestly.

"What!? Oh my God, are you serious?" Kat asked as she stopped putting the cereal in the cupboard. "You're so pretty. And you have the hair that I want. It's so thick and fluffy."

"I hate my hair." I chuckled.

"Why!?" She gasped. "It's awesome."

"I always wished I had straighter hair instead of the curly, wavy mop."

"Hmmm, well have you ever straightened it? Let alone let it down?" She asked.

"No. It's too poofy to let down." I frowned.

"Oh come on! Dude go get dressed." She said stuffing the last bit of food in their places.

"Wha- why?"

"I'm gonna take you to my hairstylist over here. She's gonna give you some layers." She smiled.

"Now? It's six o'clock. . ."

"Sooooo-" She giggled. "Come on. My friends are coming tomorrow and we won't have much time to do this. And I don't know why you're so uncomfortable with yourself, because your so adorable and nice and sweet and this haircut is gonna make you feel good. I promise."

"Well. . .I don't know."

"Come on! Please. I want my best friend feeling good about herself. You're too shy!"

"Heh-heh like I never heard that before."

"So are gonna go?" She asked as her eyes popped.

I sighed. "Okay, BUT no colors." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"We'll see about that- come on I'll meet you by the car." She said before she grabbed her keys off the counter once again.

Two and a half hours of combing and washing and cutting, blow drying, straightening, braiding,... and putting some color in my hair it came out looking something like (link in author's note)

"Woah. . ." Kat said as she saw my new hair-do.

"These braids hurt like a bitch." I laughed as I touched them at the side of my head.

"It looks awesome! I told you some color would be cute on you." She smiled.

"Yeah... I guess you were right." I said examining myself in the mirror. "My hair looks longer straight." I realized.

"Yeah. And it's so thick which makes it even better!" She smiled. "How much is it Mark?" Kat asked the stylist who perfected my hair.

"Oooh this one is on the house, Hun."

"Are you sure?" I asked him.

"Oh yes! You're hair was so fun to work with! It was no problem."

"Are you SURE?" Kat asked again before I could.

"Yesss babies yes! Now go! It's late Kat, you have a job to do!"

"Thanks Mark!" Kat said hugging him. "You wanna get inked anytime soon, tell me. It'll be free of charge."

"Ooooh thanks! I'll be in as soon as I think of something."

"Okay, now you call and tell me!" Kat said walking out the door.

"Thanks Mark. You really did a wonder to my mess of a hair." I said giving him a hug.

"Oh honey anytime!"

I smiled before I left.

When I got to the car Kat had just hung up her phone.

"You're not gonna believe what I have to tell you!" She laughed.

"What?" I smiled as I opened up the passenger side's door.

"Bam just called."

"And?" I smiled at her amused expression.

"He asked where I was. And I told him I'm coming home. And he said 'Well then I better stop breaking your door down.' "She laughed.

"He's here!? I mean they're here?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Magda's new hair-do : http://tinypic.com/r/2vtupaq/5