A Radiant Butterfly ?

Chapter 6

Image

"Hey!" Kat scared her friends as they were sitting in front of our door.

"Kat!" Bam said getting up to hug her.

"Hey Bam! Gosh! I missed you like hell!" Kat smiled and they swayed side to side in each others arms.
"Terry!" She gushed as she reached over to him and hugged him as well.

As Bam stepped aside he looked over at me and smiled. He came over to me and greeted me. "Hey, you must be Magda." He said extending his hand out to mine.

I took it in my own a shuck it gracefully. "Yes, and you're obviously Bam." I smiled at him. "Nice to meet you."

"Heh-heh. Nice to FINALLY meet you. Kat keeps telling me how great you are." He laughed as he let go of my hand and turned back to Kat.

"That's cause she is!" Kat chuckled. "If she hadn't of come around, my shop would of been crazy right now."

"Aw shucks!" I blushed.

Kat laughed and invited the guys in. "So where you guys staying?" She asked Terry as he was the last to enter the apartment.

"Ramada or some shit like that." He laughed slightly as he sat down on the couch in the living room.

"Ha-ha! Oh Ter, this is Magda. She's the new manager for my shop and she's living here to." Kat smiled as she introduced me to TK.

"Hey." I smiled.

"Sup!" He said smiling at me from his seat. "Nice to meet you."

"It's nice to meet you, I'm a big fan." I told him truthfully.

"Yeah? That's coo' " He smiled.

I blushed a bit before I asked if anyone would like something to drink.

"I'll have a beer." Bam spoke up.

I smiled at him and turned my attention to Terry. "Terry? Drink?"

"Uh-yeah um, I'll have a beer to. Thanks." He winked.

"Kay. Kitty? Want something?" I looked over to Kat from the kitchen counter, grabbing two beers out of the fridge.

"Uhh beer." She smiled as Bam laughed out loud. "What is your problem?!" She giggled.

"KITTY!?" He questioned.

Kat's face turned a slight shade of pink. "It's her nickname for me, okay! And I like it, thank you very much." She smiled.

Bam continued to laugh. "Ha-ha Kitty Kat! You hear that Ter!"

Terry was also laughing.

"Don't make me throw you out." Kat joked.

"Pah-lease! Magda wouldn't let you. Would you Magda?" Bam gave me puppy eyes as I returned to them with their drinks.

"Heh-heh, no-o-o."

"See!" Bam laughed. "She likes me!"

I smiled as I handed them each a drink.

After taking a long swig of his beer, Bam spoke up. "So Magda."

"Hmm?" I asked setting my soda down on the table as I took a seat on the lazy-boy.

"Do you have any tattoos?" He asked.

"Uhh, no." I giggled.

"What!? How can you not have any tattoos and you're working at the best tattoo shop in LA!" He smiled.

"Well, I've thought about it, but everytime I think of something I'd want to get tattooed, I'd change my mind, or I just know I'd get tired of it."

"Yeah? I just get random shit." He chuckled.

"Oh Kat's told me." I informed him.

"Oh has she!?" He blushed.

"Ohh yeah! Your nidiot tat." I giggled.

"Ha-ha-ha! That was totally random." He smiled over at Kat as she laughed.

It's been over an hour or so since the guys came over and Kat, Bam, and Terry were telling me all the embarrassing stories they had of each other. All of the stories were quite funny. Some of them had me trying not to spit my soda out. I don't think I've ever laughed this much. I really like Bam though. He seems really nice in person and he's really fun to talk to.
Kat and Terry were talking about Terry's recent relationship and Bam and I were just...talking. Normally a girl like me would be extremely shy around a guy like Bam, but he was really easy to talk to.

"So how old are you?" He asked taking another sip of his beer.

"Twenty-three. What about you?"

"Oh wow! I'm twenty-nine." He blushed

"Really? You seem younger than that." I said in shock.

"Ha-ha! Am I really that good looking?"

"O-o-o-oh SOMEONE'S a bit cocky." I joked.

He laughed. "Yeahh." He winked. "So um-" He touched the braids on the side of my head. "Do you always have your hair like this?"

"Oh-this? Well no. We were at the hair dresser while you guys were waiting for us."

"Oh? So you just got it done, huh?"

"Yeah. I don't really get my hair done like this very often. I actually just cut it and put some color in it for the first time. My normal hair is a real mess."

"Yeah? It looks awesome though."

I blushed a bit. "Really? Thanks."

"I told you it looked great!" Kat interrupted.

"Yes you did! You get a cookie tomorrow." I smiled at her.

"Yippee!" She cheered.

This made us all laugh.

"So how's it like living in LA?" Bam asked.

"It's way better than life in New York." I gave a half smile.

"What happened in New York? " Bam asked solemnly.

"Hmm... I think that's a story I'd share with you another time." I told him not wanting to talk about. I feel stupid for replying to the question the way I did. Of course he would've wanted an explanation for it. Why couldn't I just say something simple like 'good.'

"So I'll be seeing you again?" He asked and for some reason I felt my cheeks blush like mad.

"Yo BamBam, we should be heading out now." Terry said suddenly.

Bam looked up with a slightly disappointed look on his face. "What time is it?"

Kat looked at the clock on by the TV. "It's 1:40."

"Wow. Yeah, I guess we better go." Bam said getting up and giving a small stretch. "But you guys'll be there tomorrow for the signing right?" He asked turning around to me.

"Signing?"

"Yeah! Ummm where's it at Terry?" He asked.

"It's at -insert name of place aquĆ­- . It'll be fun. You guys should definitely come."

"Yeah, I know where that is." Kat smiled.

"Alright. See you guys there." Bam turned to me before he walked out the door and said " I hope you can make it."