Boulevard of Broken Dreams

(07)

Vanyx’s POV:

Beep. Beep. Beep.

The alarm clock goes off. I smack the snooze button and pick my phone off the bedside table. 1 New Message. Hm… wonder who that could be… I flip my phone open and read the text from Rain. It says, lets go out. Wait, that was from a while ago. Oh well. I close my phone and toss it to the other side of the room. There’s a slight movement to the right of me. I look over and, sure enough, there’s Kellie sleeping soundly. I lay back down and pull Kellie closer to me. He groans at me, but I keep my arms latched around his waist.

“Gah. Let go.” he says. I giggle and let go of him. He turns his head and smiles at me.

“How are you?” I ask him. He chuckles.

“Much better now that you’re mine.” he whispers. I groan and sit up. I put my head in my hands. I don’t wanna be anyone’s anything! Except maybe Rain… no. Not even him. I don’t care about anyone other than Seriol, and that’s only ‘cause he’s my little brother. I have to care about him. Plus, I have a history of giving up on people. So, there’s no point in getting attached to anyone.

“I’m sorry.” Kellie whispers. I shake my head and get out of bed. I walk over to my suitcases, and grab my white v-neck, my black skinny jeans, a black and white checkered neckerchief, and a pair of grey Converse low-tops. I walk into the bathroom and change. I mess with my hair and put on some of Rain’s eyeliner.

Oh my God. Where is Rain? He’s not in therapy, not in here, so where is he?

I run out of the bathroom and out the bedroom door. I run down the hallway and down the stairs. I’ve got to find him. I run straight into Cassadee Pope.

“Oh, I’m so sorry. I-I’m kind of in a hurry.” I tell her. She looks at me and gives me a hug.

“Um… okay? I can dig this.” I tell her, jokingly. I wrap my arms around her and put my hands on her back. She giggles.

“Where you headin‘?” she asks me, once I let her free from the hug.

“Trying to find Rain. My roommate.” I tell her.

“Oh. He’s in the infirmary. Some buttheads beat him up last night. I think Gerard stayed down with him last night.” Cass tells me. I thank her and run down towards the infirmary. I burst through the door and Rain’s head jerks up.

“Rain…” I whisper. I walk over to him in the bed thing, and start kissing his face over and over again. He giggles and pushes me away, smiling.

“I’m so sorry. I didn’t know. I would’ve texted you back, but I didn’t check my phone until this morning. I’m so sorry.” I say, not stopping for breath once. I don’t really mean anything I’m saying, just to let you know. Like I said, I don’t wanna be anyone’s anything. And that means ANYONE. Well, except maybe Gerard, but, that’s different.

“It’s okay. I’m okay. Well, I’m not, really, but it’s okay. Come here.” Rain says, putting a finger on his lips. I press my lips to his and he pulls away, almost immediately.

“Have you been kissing someone else?” he asks me, out of the blue. I start stammering, but then I give it up.

“Yes.” I mumble, looking at the ground. Rain chuckles and sits up.

“Manson was right. You aren’t truthful. Is it safe to say you’re a whore now?” Rain says. I nod, and a tear falls off my face and splashes against the tile floor.

Rain starts mumbling something, and I head for the door.

“Where are you going?” Rain asks as my hand touches the cold brass door handle.

“To hide in shame.” I mumble. Rain grunts and stands up. I run over to him and hold him up with both my arms. He’s smiling at me, but I cower from it and try to look anywhere other than his deadly smile.

“Do you love him, Van?”

I look back at Rain and he’s on the verge of tears now. And, you have no idea how much I don’t want to answer that.

“Um… I don’t know, Raindrop.”

“Well, if you don’t know, then you can still love me…right?” he asks me, his voice cracking. I hug Rain tighter and he bursts into tears, getting my shirt soaked.

Wow, I can’t believe I’m saying this but…

“I love you Rain.”

Rain shrieks and I chuckle. We sit down on the bed and he smiles at me. I don’t look at him, I just stare at the tile flooring. I can’t believe I just said that…

“Um…wanna get some breakfast?” I ask Rain, trying to cover up the obvious awkwardness in the room. Rain nods and I help him stand up. He wraps an arm around my waist and I wrap one of mine around his shoulders, and we walk out of the nurse’s office and to the cafeteria.

Rain’s POV:

Well, we’re in the café. Getting some breakfast. Watermelon and water for me, and waffles and coffee for Vanyx. We sit down at an empty table in the back, and I sit right next to him, my legs touching his.

“Um… what happened to you, if you don’t mind my asking?” Van says, after taking a bit of waffle.

“Um, I’d rather not say.” I bite my lip. Vanyx nods.

He stops eating and sits up straight. He looks behind me, smiles, then looks at me and slumps down. I turn around to see who he was looking at, without hurting myself.

It’s a guy with black hair, like ours, with an amazing body and smile. I look back at Van and frown.

“That’s him, right?” I say, picking at my thumbnail. Van nods, and looks up at me.

“I’m really sorry, still, Rain.” he mumbles. I shake my head and smile.

“No no no. It’s fine, really.” I lie.

Van leans forward and kisses me, unexpectedly. I kiss back, but then he returns to eating his waffles. I sigh and eat my watermelon.

The hardest thing in life is watching the person you love, love someone else…

xxxx
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short! XP And I know I lied, and said we were gonna learn Rain's past, sorry. We will in chapter 8 I promise!