Hearts on Lockdown

Chapter 4

Bella's POV
After a fairly sleepless night Jinx, Alice and I all headed down for breakfast the next morning.

“Morning girls” came the familiar voice of a very cheery, Fred Weasley.

“How are you today?” his twin brother, George, continued in an equally as cheery tone.

“Ok, either you boys are on some sort of happy pills, or we just got totally pranked by you guys” Jinx says, taking her seat next to George.

“Oh, and if its the Happy Pill options, I want some. Something to keep me awake in double potions” I added also taking my seat, next to Fred. Alice had gone to meet up with Jasper and the other Cullen’s. But there was no sign of Emmett or Rosalie. Probably off fighting somewhere.

“Sorry Bell’s. We’re fresh out of all our drugs” Fred sighed jokingly.

“Damn” I said, and then began to eat a piece of my toast. Then I had this weird feeling, you know the one you get when you feel like someone is watching you? I had this feeling because, when I looked around, I noticed a pair of eyes glued to me. Edward Cullen. He was not just staring at me, but practically death glaring me. What the hell was that boy’s problem? I had barley spoken a word to him, let alone do anything to make it acceptable to look at me the ay he was. But I was not the only one who had noticed Edward’s strange behavior. Fred had also noticed.

“What the hell is his problem?” Fred said just before Edward turned his head back to his plate, as if he had heard what Fred had said.

“Who’s problem?” Jinx asked, stuffing her face full of bacon.

“Never mind” I sighed. Jinx really did not need 2 of her friends fighting so I didn’t say anything about Edward death glaring me. It wasn’t that much of a big deal anyway

“Ok awkward!” Jinx says.

“Agreed” George added “Moving on. . .”

“What have you guys got first up?” I said, desperately trying to change the subject.

“Potions. Same as you guys” Fred answered.

“Our first day of lesions and were stuck with Snape!” Jinx sighed.

So Fred, George, Jinx & I finished our breakfast, and then headed to our first class. We entered the dungeon and took our seats. I sat between Fred and Jinx, George being on the other side of Jinx. Then I noticed Edward Cullen was also in our class. Strange boy he was. I looked back at my friends. Jinx was joking around with the twins. George was staring at Jinx in a dazed sort of way. Wait! Back Up! George staring at Jinx. George Weasley staring at Jinx, as in my best friend JINX! Oh My God! George is totally into Jinx. I so should have seen it! It must have crushed him when Jinx said she never wants to date, after Cedric. But they would be cute together.

“Bella!” Fred said, snapping me out of my day dream “Earth to planet Bella!”

“Oh sorry Fred” I say “What do you want?”

“Oh nothing, just that you were staring into space, having a Bella moment, but Snape is here. So pay attention!” Fred snapped

“Says the boy who never works!” I laughed

“Touché my friend, touché” He tapped his temple, signaling defeat.

“No not again!” I heard Jinx whisper, yell.

“Oh come on Honeychurch!” George said.

“No way! And Honeychurch? WTF?” She growled.

“Please Jinx” George held out the same type of blue lolly as on the train “Please?”

Jinx groaned “LAST TIME!” She yanked the lolly out of the red head’s hand and popped it into her mouth. At first she was fine, but then her face slowly began to drain of all its colour.

“That’s not good. . .” Fred stated.

“Oh NO SHIT!” Jinx groaned, clutching her stomach, in pain “Oh god” She lured forward as if she were gonna throw up.

“SIR” George yelled, looking worried and guilty.

“Im gonna fucking kill you!” Jinx growled at the twins “You’re dead!”

Snape walked up to us, looking annoyed. “What is it Mr. Weasley?”

“Jinx is really sick” George pointed to a very pale Jinx.

“Miss Honeychurch, you are dismissed, head straight to the hospital wing” Snape snapped. Jinx got up and ran straight out the door. Then Snape yelled “Into pairs, ALL OF YOU!”

Fred grabbed my hand, signaling he wanted to be my partner. But then George yanked his brother over to the benches. Leaving me with no partner. GREAT. I looked around, everyone had a partner, everyone but Edward Cullen.

“Cullen, Swan” Snape yelled “Pair up!”

I rolled my eyes then walked over to Edward. He just simply looked away, acting as if I did not exist. And that is what he did for the whole lesson. That and act like I was the world’s biggest stink bomb. But then finally class ended, I walked straight over to the twins. They had noticed how pissed of I was, so they asked what was up.

“Edward Cullen is an ass faced, self centered jerk” I rambled on.

“Maybe he just needs to get used to the new school?” George suggested

“Oh hell no! You are not going to go all sentimental wise ass on me now Weasley!” I smiled then added “Plus your ment to stand up for your mates, not you guy crushes!”

“HEY!” George yelled. Fred just laughed.

“Im only kidding, plus I know who you really like” I smirked then walked away.

“Whoa, Whoa wait just a minute there Bella” George chased after me “What do you mean?”

“It’s kinda obvious” I smiled “But I won’t say a word”

“So im guessing your gonna use this as blackmail?” He cracked a smile. A smile which ment that he was still worried, but he trusted me with his little secret.

“Um…. George, your talking too Bella Swan here. Girl with the world’s biggest conscience!” I giggled “Now get to class, like a good boy!”

“One more question” George asked “Do you honestly think I have a chance? You know after Cedric and all?”

“She’ll come around. Just give her time. And I know that it seems like we have given her all the time in the world, but it’s the start of a new year. Its hard for her, waking up everyday expecting him to come running into her arms. Walking through the school, with all the memories. . . She’s doing it tough with out him” I sighed

“Just so you know Bell’s. It’s tough for you too. I know it seems that Jinx is going through so much worse. But Cedric had no choice but to leave, Oliver did. Your going through the same, If not worse then she is” George hugged me “And thanks”

He than ran off too meet up with his brother. It was only then I noticed, I had tears running down my face.

“Oh god!” I wiped a few loose tears “Im such a girl!”

I fixed myself up and started to head to Transfiguration. I wondered if Jinx would be better for our class. I hoped she was, because otherwise I would be a loner again. When I got to the classroom, everyone was already in there. I ran into class and took a seat at the back of the classroom. Jinx wasn’t there. Damn! Just then Edward Cullen walked into the class room. Unfortunately the only spare seat was next to me. He reluctantly walked over to the chair and sat down. Edward turned his head the other way and covered his mouth.

“Im sorry do I stink or something?” I asked, anger filling my voice.

“No. . . I err” He stuttered.

“Then what? I have barley spoken a word to you, and you go around acting like Im a freaking stink bomb. And im sorry, but I should be the one judging you, not the other way around, I mean considering you’re a vampire!” I was mad as hell now, and was letting loose.

“Im really sorry” He admitted “Listen I can’t really explain why im acting like this in class, so meet you at lunchtime, then I can explain it”

“Ok then” I sighed, the started the work that we were assigned to do. We sat in silence for the rest of the lesson. But when it ended, Edward and I packed up our stuff and began to walk out to the grounds. We found a place to sit, and sat down. For the first little while he was silent.

“So…?” I asked, trying to break the silence “Explain”

He looked around, checking to see if anyone was in ears length of us “Well as Jean explained, Im a vampire. A monster”

“I don’t think you’re a monster, an ass at times sure, but not a monster” I smiled

He chuckled “Ignorant humans. My family and I are different, I don’t know if Jean told you this, but we only feed on animal blood. Vegetarian’s, family joke”

“But I still don’t get why you were acting the way you were?”

“I was just getting to that. You see being a vegetarian is like only ever eating tofu, sure you can live on it, but its never quite enough to satisfy your hunger. Therefore, we still thirst for human blood. Every human has there very own blood sent. Us vampires can smell it, you humans can not. Every sent is different, some more advertising, some not so much. When I met you. . . I have never wanted a human’s blood as much as yours. I act like I do because, I don’t want to kill you. The day I met you, I wanted to kill you . . . Sorry, I must be scaring you” Edward sighed

“No, you not, don’t worry. Keep going” I urged, wanting to know more.

“I still find it hard, trying to control myself around you. But being friend’s with Jean, means I have to be around you, so I will have to get used to it” Edward said

“Im sorry” I offered, not knowing what to say.

“It’s not you fault” He stood up and offered me a hand “Now come on, were gonna be late for our next class”.

The rest of the day passed quickly. Edward and I were practically attached at the hip. He wasn’t that bad. When our last class ended, Edward and I walked back to the common room. He murmured the password and the door swung open. Everyone was engaged in there own convocations. So Edward and I grabbed a seat each and sat down.

I yawned and Edward asked “Tired?”

“Yeah a little” I admitted. I would have asked if he was tired, but through convocation with him, I also learned that vampires did not sleep. Nor did the wear the big red and black coats, and do not live in coffins. Although I had doubted the last 2 anyway.

“THERE YOU ARE!” I someone yell, I looked around and there stood Jinx, fully recovered.

“Hello Jean” Edward said “Feeling better?”

“Clearly” She then death glared the 2 tall red headed boys that stood beside her.

Edward and I laughed.

“Oh I have too tell you, Harry is holding this sign up thing in about an hour in hogsmeade. Apparently the new DA teacher is a major bitch and not letting us use magic, so Harry is gonna teach us. You in?” Jinx asked

“Why not?” I smiled

“Sure” Edward agreed

Then our convocation was interrupted, well along with everyone else’s convocations they were having. All by the slamming of the common room door. Everyone’s eyes glued to the sauce of the noise.

“Fuck Rose!” Emmett’s anger filled voice, echoed the room “Why do you always have to act like you are so superior to everyone!”

“And your so much better?” Rosalie retorted “Flirting with every other girl you see!”

“I have not been! Although I cant say the same you and that Malfoy kid! See to me our relationship ment something, but you know what?”

“What?!” Rose folded her arms across her chest.

“IT’S OVER!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hot Mess - Cobra Starship
Woop new layout! Its ment to be Kellan and Rob.
Mehh
Enjoy xx