Hearts on Lockdown

Chapter 6

Bella’s POV

The DA meeting ended shortly after Jinx walked out. We all made our way back to Hogwarts. Edward intertwined his cold hand with my warm one, as we walked towards the common room door. I muttered the password to the fat lady and the door swung open. We made our way over to one of the lounge chairs, where Edward sat down then pulled my down on top of him. I curled up against his chest and closed my eyes.

“What you thinking about?” Edward asked, his arm finding a comfortable place around my waist.

“Honestly?” I sighed “Nothing”

“You have to be thinking about something” Edward stated “Everyone is always thinking”

I laughed softly against his cold chest “You would know” I smiled referring to his ability to hear thoughts.

He chuckled “But what is on your mind right now?”

“Im kinda worried” I admitted “About Jinx”

“She’s a strong girl, she’ll get through and tough it out” Edward reassured me, leaning down to kiss me, just as Alice burst through the common room door.

“Hold it right there missy!” She yelled pointing at me, causing Edward to look at her weirdly.

“What did I do?” I asked “I didn’t do anything did I?”

“After over 60 darn years of my brother moping around, there is no way in HELL that I am going to let you get away with cheating on him!” Alice yelled

“Who the hell would I cheat on him with?” I retorted, starting to get a little pissed off. Alice barley knows me and yet she has the right to accuse me of cheating on him. I stood up just as the common room door flew open for the second time so far, only this time to revel someone who I would least expect in a million years. There standing next to Harry Potter was the one, the only Oliver Wood.

“Bella?” Oliver asked, as I stood there in pure and utter shock. There was no freaking way, that my ex boyfriend, who left me, was standing in the Gryffindor common room with Harry.

“With him!” Alice piped in.

“Bella?” Edward asked “what’s going on?”

“How…How could you?” I stuttered “You. . . Can’t. . .No way!”

“Hey Bells” Oliver smiled “Im back!”

Then to make things more awkward, Fred and George walked down from the boys dorms, breaking the awkward silence.

“Oliver?” George asked, just as confused as I was buy this point “What are you doing back?”

“I came back to visit” Oliver said looking over at me “I guess it’s a surprise?”

“Um yeah a little” I said, my voice sounding high pitched “just a tad!”

“Im confused” Edward stated “Whats going on?”

“Edward. . .” I say “This is my ex boyfriend Oliver Wood”

Fred sighed “Oh Boy!”

“Oliver this is my boyfriend Edward Cullen” I was in for a long ass night.

“NO FUCKING WAY?” I heard Jinx yelled, entering the common room with Emmet still in tow. Jinx walked up and slapped Oliver right on his left cheek “You gutless bastard!”

“Jinx!” I yelled “What the hell?”

“He deserved it!” Jinx yelled, Oliver rubbing his now reddening cheek “He leave you a complete and utter mess, knowing you already had to deal with Cedric dying and having to help me, then the assface shows up just as you get things back on track!”

“Jinx is right” Oliver stated “It was wrong of me to leave you”

“It’s Jean to you smartass!” Jinx yelled, Emmett being forced to restrain her.

“EVERYONE SHUT UP!” I yelled, tears starting to form “Jean calm the fuck down! Alice I would never cheat on anyone and you have no fucking right to judge! Oliver stop being a suck up! And Fred . . . you’re a twat!”

Everyone looked taken-a-back by my random outburst. But I needed to yell, I needed to get out of there. So I pushed my way past everyone standing in my way, and headed straight for the lake. I really needed to think. And make a list of people I should apologize too after I calmed down. Fred – he did nothing and I yelled at him. Jinx – because she was just trying to be a good friend. Alice – I don’t know why I should, but she is a good friend anyway .And Oliver. . .

“You always came down here to think, even when I was here” Olivers figure appered from behind the large tree, behind which I sat.

“Well then I need to find a new thinking spot then” I stated throwing a rock into the still black lake.

“Bella” Oliver sat beside me “Im sorry”

“Oh because that really cuts it now doesn’t it” I yell “Do you know what I went through? Honestly!”

“No I don’t, and I cant imagine how hard it was for you” He looked out onto the lake “It was hard for me too”

“Then why did you do it?” I wiped a few of the loose tears, that continually rolled down my pale cheeks.

“I was selfish” He simply said “I didn’t think of the repercussions it would have on you, or anyone else for that matter”

“I didn’t know how to handle it” I admitted “I was petrified of being on my own. Jean was a mess after Cedric died. Fred and George weren’t the same. It was just nice to have someone who was normal around. And when I lost that. . .”

Oliver pulled me into a tight hug “I never meant for any of this to happen”

“Yeah, well it did” I sighed “But I have my life back now. Jinx is normal again. Fred and George are as normal as the can be.”

“And you have Edward” Oliver stated

“And I have Edward” I smiled.

“I honestly thought I could come back here and things would be the same as when I left. You would still love me. Jinx would still be one of my friends” Oliver said “But its all so different!”

“Things change, and people change” I sighed looking up at the stars “But that doesn’t mean they aren’t the same person deep down”

“So your saying deep down, Jinx still likes me?” Oliver asked “And you still love me?”

“Jinx just needs time to calm down. She is just the overprotective best friend she always has been”

“And you?”

“Ill always love you” I sighed “Just not like I used too”

“Do you love Edward?” He asked “Honestly?”

“Its complicated” I explained “But I do”

He chuckled slightly “And your right about people changing, the Bella I knew would have never stood up for herself like you did back there!”

“Oh my god!” I said “I am so sorry for that!”

“Nah, Im the one who should be sorry”

“Then were even I guess” I held out my fist, which he knuckled and said “Truce it is!”

“I should probably go face the music and apologize to the others” I sighed, standing up “It was strange, but good seeing you”

“Agreed” He laughed, also standing “Im in town for a while so if you wanna get lunch sometime and catch up. . . Im sorry is that to forward?”

“No that would be great” I smiled “Ill talk to you then?”

“Ok then” Oliver smiled “Bye Bells”

“Bye Oliver” I yelled, running back to the castle. When I got back to the common room, everyone was sitting around in silence.

“Hi” I said, nervously “Look Im really sorry, all of you. I shouldn’t have gone of my nut at you guys”

“And I shouldn’t have jumped to conclusions” Alice smiled, standing up to give me a hug “Im really sorry Bella”

“And I shouldn’t have been so overprotective, its pretty clear that you can handle yourself” Jinx laughed, joining the hug.

“And I shouldn’t have been such a. . . what was it?. . . twat” Fred joked walking up to hug me. We all laughed.

“I love you guys!” I smiled “But where’s Edward”

“He walked up to the boys dorm” George piped in

“Thanks” I then raced up to the boys dormitories, to find Edward sitting on his bed. Even though the Cullen’s didn’t sleep, It would look kind of suspicious if they weren’t assigned beds.

“Hey” I said, walking over to sit next to him “You ok?”

“Confused, but fine” He stated bluntly

“Are you mad at me?” I asked

“Why would I be mad at you?” He finally turned to face me “Jean filled me in on the full story, and if anything I was worried that you would go back to him”

“That’s not going to happen Edward, you can count on that” I smiled hugging him “I may have forgiven him, but Im not going to running back into his arms all because he says a few words”

“Good” Edward smirked “Because Im not going down without a fight”

I yawned “You cant fight if theres no battle” I said drifting off to sleep

“Not that you know of” Edward mumbled. But I was too tired to ask what he meant by that. I woke up the next morning, in Edwards arms. It was Sunday morning. Lucky, because after yesterday I didn’t really feel like putting up with classes.

“Morning” I mumbled to Edward, slowly raising myself into a sitting position “What time is it?”

“Its about 9ish” Edward replied, standing up out of bed “How did you sleep?”

“Good” I smiled walking over to him. I grabbed his hand and we began to walk down the stairs to the common room.
♠ ♠ ♠
You're Not In On The Joke - Cobra Starship
Ahhh Hot Mess is like the most ah-mazing album ever!