Hearts on Lockdown

Chapter 8

Bella's POV

After dinner, The Cullen family, Jacob and Seth walked off too Dumbledore’s office. I was confused. It felt like everyone was hiding things from me, and I was sick off it. I frowned while thinking this.
"What's up Bells?" Jinx asked "You're doing the funny eyebrow thing."
"Oh." I laughed "I am?"
"What you thinking about?" She asked turning to face me, gravy dribbling from her lip. I smiled.
"You pig!" I pointed to the gravy, and she wiped it off quickly "Stop changing the subject!" She whined.
"Fine." I sighed "Everyone is being secretive, like you hanging out with Edward, The new kids getting dragged off by Dumbledore, that Tamika girl, It's not right."
She looked downward, as if trying to hide her face from my view. "Not you too?" I yelled "Jinx! I'm your best friend!" I stood up, and walked out of the great hall in a huff. Down the empty hall's I walked. Ok well more like ran. I was pissed off. People didn't understand that I wanted what was best for them!
"Bells?" I heard Oliver say. I turned to face him, confused "What are you doing here?" I asked.
"Are you ok?" He asked, avoiding the subject. Not Oliver as well. I knew that look. It was the same look that stayed plastered on his face the whole week before he told me he was leaving.
"This!" I yelled "This is bullshit!"
"What is?" He asked "Bells, I'm not following?"
"Everyone hiding things from me!" I yelled "You, Edward, Jinx who next?"
"I'm not!" Oliver defended.
"Oh yeah?" I laughed "Then why won't you tell me who your back here?"
"I will!" He sighed "When I think you can handle it."
I scoffed "See! You are! I'm not a freaking porcelain doll who needs to be protected from everything! Why don't people get that? Why don't they trust me anymore?" I slid down the wall placing my head in my hands. Oliver sat next to me. "We do trust you, but we don't want to see you hurt."
"By what?" I yelled "I'm sorry, but when you live in a world like ours with dark wizards and freaking Voldermort lurking around, I'm more likely to get hurt by that then one of you bullshit artists!"
Oliver sighed "Damn you have changed." I shook my head "No, I was weak. But now, I can handle myself and people can't accept that."

After I had cooled down a bit, I headed back up to the common room. Jinx was seated on one of the chairs near the fire, looking remorseful as she was staring into the flickering flames.
"Bella!" She piped up when she noticed me, rushing over too me. "Look. . ."
"Jinx." I stopped her "I can't handle you right now, I’ve just calmed down, so don't start me again by defending yourself."
"But Bells!" She sighed "I know it seems like you getting left out. . ."
"Hmm." I laughed "Maybe because I am!"
"It’s not like that!" Jinx groaned "So stop being stubborn and listen to me."
"I don't have to!" I yelled, as I stormed up to the dormitories. Soon after, Edward was by my side, as I lay in bed grumpily.
"What?" I sneered at my boyfriend. "Come to lie to me some more?"
"Bella. . ." He lay down next to me, moving my head so it now rested on his cold chest. "I'm not lying to you, why would you think that?"
"Everyone is acting weird when I'm around!" I sighed "I hate it."
He laughed "Listen, If I were hiding something from you, you would have no idea. I wouldn't act weird; I have had over 100 years to learn to hide things well."
"Yeah, buy Jean hasn't!" I spat "I know her too well."
"Bella." Edward sighed "Jean isn't hiding something from you, she only just found out herself and is trying to take it all in. She'll tell you when she is ready"
"So you know what her secret is!" I groaned.
"Yes I do, but only because I am a part of it." He explained "Now are you gonna sit up here all night? Or are you going to talk to her?"
"I think I'll sit up here." I said, he rolled his golden eyes, picking me up, and walking me down to the common room. He then dumped me on the chair next to Jinx, who was moping.
"You owe me." Edward smiled at Jinx, then walked away. I went to stand up. "He is so gonna get it" I muttered to myself. But before I could walk away, Jinx's hand grabbed me, and spun me around to face her.
"Let me go." I growled at her.
"Wait, please!" She begged. I sat back down on the couch. Knowing full well that she would want me to sympathize for her.
"Don't start the 'my boyfriends dead' stuff." I sneered. I was mad. "Because I already know ok? Look I know it hurts, but you can't use him as an excuse every time!"
"I wasn't going too Bella!" She defended "I wanted to explain!"
"Well get started." I know it sounds like I am being a real bitch, and I most likely am, but I was tired of the crap, I was tired of shutting my mouth just to make other people happy. So this fight was all my angry emotions poured out on Jinx.
"I found out something the other day while we were in hogsmede." She explained "You know how Edward can hear thoughts?"
I nodded. He had explained it to me a while ago. "Well, I had a mental conversation with him" She sighed "I can read his thoughts."
"What?" I exclaimed "Well now instead of Heart to Heart, it's Head to Head."
She laughed. "I'm sorry, It was just new to me and I didn't know how to act."
"It's ok." I smiled "You just have to learn to trust me more from now on ok?"
"Deal." She leaned in and hugged me.
"Great!" Fred popped his head in between us "Now that you finished your heart to heart. . ."
". . .you can try this" George joined him.
". . . It's a new product we finished."
"First batch!" The both finished.
"What is it this time?" I asked.
"There just plain lollies actually." George laughed "Figured we'd advertise the store and give out free candy"
"Ooh gimme!" Jinx grabbed one, popping it straight in her mouth. I however was more weary of the twins.
"What is it really?" I asked them.
"Oh you’re kidding!" Jinx yelled.
"There lust lollies" Fred laughed "You feel and unwanted urge to jump the with first person you see!"
Jinx ran for the common room door, trying to get away from all of us, just as Emmett Cullen walked through the door. Oh this was going to end bad.
"I'm sorry about this!" She cried.
"About wha. . ." He was cut short, by Jinx jumping on him, wrapping her legs around his waist, her lips connected with his. After about ten minutes, the affects began to wear off. Emmett didn't pull away the whole time, whether he couldn't or if he didn't want to, I had no idea.
"You are dead gingers!" She yelled, running towards them, while Emmett stood there very still.
“What just happened?” Emmett asked walking over to me as Jinx chased the twins around the room. I smiled to myself.
“The twins invented a new product.” I explained.
“And what does that have to do with the fact that Jinx just stuck her tongue down my throat?” He grinned slightly. I almost cloaked when I heard him say this. Never in my life had I expected a 100 and something year old vampire to use the line ‘stuck her tongue down my throat.
“They’re called lust lollies.” I said. “They make you wanna jump the first person you see. Jinx was stupid enough to try one!”
He laughed. “That girl will never cease to amaze me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
If It Means Alot To You - A Day To Remember.

Almost 2 years since I have updated this! Seriously? How slack am I?!
So much crazy stuff has happened in those years. One key thing being that I have lost my interst in Twilight, but I am going to continue working on this story because it is actually quite fun to write!
Another change is my grammar! Oh gosh how bad was it?! You will be pleased to know that once we are on a steady level with all my stories that I will be re-writing/editing the first few chapters that I wrote.
Stay turned! Penny (the co-writter) and I are having a planning/story day next week and boy do I have some stuff coming these holidays for you!