Broken Angelz

***ing, Fred and Hollywood Hotties

“So, is she always like this?” Jackson wanted to know as Peyton and Rob walked outside to see Peyton’s car.

“Kinda. She has good days and bad days. Depending on the amount she drank the night before. A light night for Peyton is at least 4 drinks. And that’s full strength, not the ‘push over kind’ as she puts it. But when she gets really drunk, it’s possibly between maybe 10 or 13 drinks. 13’s when she passes out and I have to go pick her up.” I look at Jackson over my cup of tea. He’s looking out the window.

“I’m sorry; I shouldn’t be dumping this on you, before you’ve even had a real chance of meeting her. She really is a good person.” I say looking out the window to where PJ and Rob were talking. “She just needs help.” I add with a sigh. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Jackson turn to look at me.

“It’s fine. I understand. More than you think.” He adds the last part extremely quietly. We sit there in silence watching Rob watching Peyton as she leans over the engine of the car.

“Is he always like that?” I ask jokingly.

“Pretty much.” Jackson replies with a laugh. After another minute or so of silence, Jackson asks; “so what do you do with your spare time? I mean other than the band.”

“Well, when I’m not making up for the sleep that Peyton’s makes me miss out on, I usually cook, or go for a swim. So if you can’t find me in the studio, I’m either in the Kitchen or the pool. That is when I’m not tutoring.”

“Oh? What do you tutor?”

“Mainly Music, but sometimes English or hospitality. Whatever Shelly needs. She’s my only tutee at the moment.”

“Cool.” Jackson says as we see Rob and Peyton, walking back towards the house, laughing. “Looks like their having a good time.”

“Yer, Hey about tonight, do you guys want to come over about 5-ish? We’ll have an early dinner and then maybe a jam session?” I say as Peyton opens the door.

“That sounds good.” Jackson replies as Peyton plonks herself down on the chair beside me, resting her greasy hands on her face and her greasy elbows on my clean table.

“Peyton! Get off! How many times have I told you?! No grease on the table!” I all but yell at her.

“Sorry Kels.” She says placing her hands in her lap, off the table. “What’s this I hear about a jam session?” she asks.

“Well, If you would kindly stay sober tonight, Jackson and Rob are going to bring their Guitars over and we might have a jam session.”

“Sober? I don’t know, Kelsi…” she says thinking about it. I give her the ‘don’t even think about thinking about it’ look. “Okay, okay, Gawd!” last time she didn’t obey the ‘don’t even think about thinking about it’ look, there was no alcohol left in the house when she got home from her Shopping trip (car spare parts is all she shops for, apart from the occasional shopping trip I drag her along to – which she thoroughly enjoys, not that you’d ever hear her say that) she’s never objected against it again.

The next couple of hours after Jackson and Rob left that morning went pretty fast. I worked for the rest of the day on the song I had been writing. Peyton must have been working on the car when my phone alarm went off. Was it really 4 o’clock already?? I checked the clock out in the kitchen, and sure enough it read, 4:01. That meant I had to get down the shops and buy the ingredients and be back in 20 minutes so I could start making dinner and then it could cook while they were here. I grab my keys and my purse and walk out the back door.

“PJ?”

“Under the car!” she calls from over where her car was sitting on the jack. I can barley see her legs sticking out from the front of the car.

“You want anything from the shops?”

“Vodka?”

“Not going to a bottle-o hunnie. Plus you got plenty here.”

“Fine. Some chocolate then.”

“Ok. I’ll be back in half an hour. My sausage rolls for nibbles and then lasagne for dinner sound okay?”

“Sounds yummy.” She says distracted.

“What’s up?”

“Just missing a car part.”

“Okay well, I’ll be back soon. Don’t do anything to rash. Please.”

“Fine. Just don’t forget the chocolate.” Peyton called as I walked to the car.

*30 mins later, back at home*

“PJ?! Where are you?” I call walking in the front door with my hands full of bags. I hear nothing. “PEYTON!” I call again. Still nothing. I dump the bags on the kitchen table, and walk down the other end of the house.

“Peyton?” I call again. I walk to her bedroom door and knock. “Peyton? You in there?”

“Yeah”

“What the hell are you doing? Or more precisely, who?” I ask as her face appears at the door, wrapped in a bathrobe.

“I was getting ready and no one. Just cause I got my door closed doesn’t mean anyone was here.” I raise my eyebrow

“Out of 10?” I ask

“5. shit!” I laugh.

“Get ready you over sexed crazed person” I say walking away.

“Am not!” Peyton calls behind me.

“Sure your not.” I reply. I unpack all the bags and start getting dinner ready. After about 20 minutes Peyton walks out. “Nice of you to come out.” I say with a smirk.

“Shut up.”

“What I wanna know is how the hell, you got someone over here in the time I was out?”

“Its called a phone hunnie”

“Yer but within a half an hour?”

“He was quick. In more ways than one.” She said and I decided it was time for a change in subject.

“Can you grab me the milk and butter out of the fridge please?” I ask walking into the pantry to get some flour and chocolate bits.

“Ohh cookies!” Peyton says as she sits up on the stool.

“Yep. Your chocolate is in the fridge if you want it.” I say, putting some flour into the bowl.

“Wow, your going all out tonight. Sausage rolls, lasagne and cookies? Are we trying to impress someone?” she asked with a sly smirk.

“Nope. I just feel the need, the need, the need to cook. Here can you mix this without eating too much?” I ask passing the bowl over to an eager Peyton’s outstretched hands

“It’s the need for speed hunnie! I guess so.” She said with a huge grin on her face. I turn around to turn the oven on and start to make the rest of dinner. I look over my shoulder to where Peyton’s sitting, to see her with her finger in her mouth.

“Hunnie? What have I told you about sucking things at the kitchen table?” I ask with a laugh bringing the pastry and mince over from the other bench.

“But it’s yummy!” she whines

“I don’t care! No sucking!”

“That’s not what Fred just said.” I heard her say quietly.

“You screwed a guy called Fred?”

“Shut up! At least his not called Aaron, or Chester or Billy!”

“Oh shut up and mix will you!” I say throwing a bit of flour at her.

“Oh! You're gonna pay for that bitch!” she yelled at me, picking up a handful of cookie dough and getting ready to aim at me. But the phone rang. Ha-ha! Saved by the phone!

“Hello, Kelsi Cooper speaking?” I say into the phone, sticking out my tongue at Peyton.

“Kelsi? Hi, it’s Rob.” The voice on the other end of the phone says.

“Hey Rob! What’s up?”

“I just wanted to check if it’s still okay for Ash and Kellan to come?”

“Sure. There will be plenty for them as well.”

“Cool. We’ll see you in 10.”

“Coolies. We’ll see you guys soon.”

“See ya” he says and we hang up.

“You should watch your back, Kelsi Cooper. You’ll have to sleep with one eye open, cause I’m gonna get you back when you least expect it” Peyton said hoping down from the stool and walking backwards to her room. And walking straight into the wall.

“Ha-ha wow. I’m so scared!” I say sarcastically.

“You should be, Kelsi. You should be.” She said turning back around and rushing towards her bedroom.

“What ever! You love me!” I yell after her.

“You wish!” I hear her yell back.

I finish making the cookie dough. I put it in the fridge, and then start on the sausage rolls.

Half way through making the sausage rolls, I hear the door bell ring.

“Peyton! Door hun!”

“Get it yourself, bitch!”

“FINE!” I say walking to the door. I open it to see the four most famous faces in Hollywood, staring back at me with big smiles on their faces.

“Hey, Kelsi.” Jackson says

“Hey, you guys wanna come on through? Peyton’s just getting changed so she should be out in a sec.”

“Thanks Kelsi.” Ash says. I show them out the backdoor, just as Peyton comes out with a new change on clothes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Navigate Me -Cute Is What We Aim For
Just Saw New Moon. It Was Kool.