Status: Slowly Active.

Traitor in a Second

More Than A Feeling.

It took two seconds for him to kiss me. The second our lips touched....it was kind of weird. Jonathan and I had been friends for forever, this wasn't what I had ever had in mind for us. Kissing, I mean.

He wasn't a bad kisser or anything. I just already had so much on my mind that the second I kissed him, I regretted it. Nevertheless, before I decided it was a bad idea, we kissed and it was...decent. He was obviously more into it than I was and when I pulled away, he went after my lips again.

"I....uh. I shouldn't have done that," I mumbled awkwardly, shaking my head a little. His lip twitched a little.

"It's Caleb, isn't it?" he asked. I closed my eyes tightly, sighing. Oh great, now I had to tell Jonathan about what happened at Kyle's today too.

"Not...just...Caleb," I told him, keeping my eyes shut. I could feel him stiffen as he shifted, not bothering to push me away from him. He cleared his throat, exhaling loudly.

"Who else?" he asked quietly. I debated whether or not to tell him about it because of the way that Caleb had reacted. I opened one eye to look at him, biting my lip.

"Kyle...kind of kissed me today," I said. "But it was...." I trailed off. "I don't even know. It wasn't supposed to happen. I wanted to hang out with him because I thought things were going to be normal." I opened my other eye to look at Jonathan and try and judge a reaction. He looked from me to the tv, his face slowly turning red again.

"Jonathan," I started.

"I think I should go," he said suddenly, pushing me away from him and standing up. He rubbed the side of his face, shaking his head. "Why don't you call me when you just pick someone?" He looked at me once more before heading out.

"Pick someone?" I asked, throwing my head back against the couch. Why should I have to pick someone? What happened to my life?

My phone buzzed in my pocket, but I didn't bother to look at it. My phone had been getting me into more trouble than I had thought and picking that up right now would not be a smart decision.
____

When I finally answered the phone, it wasn't who I thought it was. It wasn't Caleb, it wasn't Kyle nor was it Jonathan. It was Marc.

"Marc?" I answered, raising my eyebrows. He sighed in relief.

"Thank god, Evan. Look you need to get to over here. Kyle has been on the phone for the last two hours and now Caleb and Jonathan just show up....Evan, you need to talk some sense into them," he said quickly.

"What's going on?" I asked, sitting up quickly.

"Just get over here, now. It's really important." I heard shouts and then a crash. "Shit. Evan, just get here." And then the line went dead. I groaned, getting up to go find my keys. Hopefully, I'd remember how to get there.