Status: Slowly Active.

Traitor in a Second

If Only They Knew.

Caleb and I sat in silence for what seemed like an eternity, just driving. As we sped back towards my house, at least I hoped so, I realized we were way away from my home. Kyle lived miles from me, out on the outskirts of the school district lines.

"What's your deal?" Caleb finally asked. I looked over at him, raising my eyebrows.

"What?" I asked quietly. He glanced over at me for a moment before looking back to the road.

"Do you enjoy playing with guys' hearts? Like making them care about you and not feeling the same way?" he snapped. I shook my head.

"Caleb, no. You don't understand what happened," I started. He snorted.

"Oh, I do," he said. "How long have you been sneaking around with Kyle, huh?" I shook my head.

"No, Caleb. Can I just explain, please?" I begged, running my hand through my hair. "Please." He sighed, dragging it out before mumbling, "Fine." I sighed heavily, leaning my head against the car window.

"Things with Jonathan and you have gotten so complicated lately," I told him. "Jonathan's not telling me something. Apparently he's jealous? I don't even know," I continued on, shaking my head. "And you with the whole 'I love you' thing....we weren't supposed to get attached like that," I pressed on, "But I thought hanging out with Kyle would be a good idea. We've only been alone a handful of times so I thought it'd be a safe bet. And then he kissed me..." I trailed off, glancing him to see his knuckles turn white. "And I ran and texted you. Marc showed up to see if I was okay, Kyle caught up and kissed me again and then you came," I finished. He cleared his throat, and his knuckles went back to the normal color.

"There's nothing going on between me and Kyle," I sighed. "Nothing at all." Caleb nodded, turning on his signal for a moment before he changed lanes.

"I'm...I'm sorry," he mumbled quietly. I shrugged, leaning back.

"It's okay," I sighed. There was silence for a long moment before I added, "I'm sorry too." He cleared his throat, shaking his head.

"Why...don't...." he sighed. "Why don't you love me back?" I shut my eyes, sighing.

"I don't know what I feel, Caleb," I told him. "I haven't had much time to think about it, mkay?" He nodded, turning onto my street. We didn't say anything until we got into my driveway. Caleb got out of the car, going over to open my door. I stepped out, looking at him.

"I'm-" I started, but was cut off by his lips being pressed to mine. He stayed there for a moment before pulling away.

"I love you, Evan," he mumbled, giving me a look before closing the door and getting back into the car. I stood in my driveway, watching him pull out of the driveway and away with a stupid look on my face. I shook my head, groaning. I headed back into my house, heading up to my room to flop down on my bed.

"What the fuck?" I asked into my pillow, shutting my eyes tightly.