I'm Lost in Confusion

Drinking Friends

I was outside in the warm California sun. I was focused on finishing this project. I was taking off that shifty death bat sticker that Brian had put on my car. I had a hair dryer in my hand. It's so much easier pealing it off that way.

Brian: why are you doing it?

Jenn: because I don't want this shit on here. It's embarrassing.

Brian: it's not, it clearly says bad ass.

Jenn: well I can't pull it off. Go get me a wash cloth.

Brian: I'm kinda impressed your not fucking up the window.

Jenn: I told you I didn't hang out with my mom for the fun of it. She used to make me do this shit when I was younger. I know what I'm doing.

Brian: really? She used to do sticker shit.

Jenn: yes. I said looking over my sunglasses. Go get the rag.

He went and got the rag and dropped it next to me.

I took the hair dryer and picked an edge of the decal. I used the heat to melt the adhesive. It makes it come of ten times easier. And cuts the time down. I'm all for that.

Brian: what's the rubbing alcohol for?

Jenn: takes the adhesive off.

Brian: oh smart.

Jenn: yes smart one it is.

Brian: so can you put stickers on then?

Jenn: yes.

Brian: so if I get one made would you put them know.

Jenn: I don't know.

Brian: right.

I finished what I needed to do. My window was finally finished. I walked in the house to see Brian was talking with Johnny.

Johnny : what's up dick eater.

Jenn: I don't need to know what you were doing Johnny.

Johnny: shut your face hooker.

Jenn: fuck you.

I said as I walked through the living room to the kitchen. I was making myself a drink. I don't usually do this I finished by adding a little more rum to my extra large cup.
I walked out to the living room. I sat on the arm of the couch next to Brian.

Brian: whoa! What's that. He said pointing to the very large cup in my hand

Jenn: uh a Bahama mama.

Brian: you don't drink unless it's some event.

Jenn: so maybe I want a drink, what’s wrong with that.

Johnny: let the hooker have a drink. Maybe then we can get along.

Jenn: thank you Johnny. I said and took a long drink.

Brian: damn ok. He pulled the cup away from me.

Jenn: what the hell. Johnny have you heard from jimmy?

Johnny: no I think he's missing. Or like in hiding. He's been weird, well more weird.

Jenn: oh. I took anther long drink.

Brian shook his head.

Jenn: what. You want some. I ask.

Brian: no, but your almost done with that one.

Jenn: don’t be jealous.

Johnny: JEALOUS! He yelled.

Brian: that’s nothing to be jealous about, it’s a little weird that you are deciding to drink now.

Jenn: I’m not deciding anything. I want one.

Brian: you never have a drink.

Johnny: Dude stop, it’s a fucking drink, who cares. Its making her more less of a bitch.

Jenn: Thanks Johnny.

Johnny: you can b my friend only when you are dinking and/ or dunk.

Jenn: got it, I said to get up and get some more.

Brian: JENN! He yelled.

Jenn: WHAT! I yelled back.

Brian: you getting more?

Jenn: No.

I came walking out with another full cup.

Brian: no you are not having another one, its too much.

Jenn: What the hell, im am not fucking 16 years old here, I cant drink when ever the fuck I want. You do it all the time.

Brian: well I drink beer.

Jenn: you get drunk off that.

Brian: well its not good for you.

Jenn: Johnny, lets go to the bar?

Johnny: ok, my new drunk friend. He grabbed me by the arm, and walked out side.

Brian: Johnny, don’t do this, this isn’t good for her.

Johnny: don’t worry Brian she’s fine. Were just going to have some fun and talk. Plus you should be happy weren’t fighting for once.

Brian: Cause she’s slightly drunk.

Johnny helped me into his truck and he walked to the other side.

Johnny: Jesus Brian she’s fucking fine, were going Johnny’s fucking relax. Ill bring her back home later.

Brian: ok well watch her, don’t let her fight she gets a little angry when she’s drunk.

Johnny: Fuck dude cool it, your not her mom, let her live dude she’s fucking 22 years old.

Brian: yeah but its different when she’s you fiancé asshole.

Johnny drove down town, parked and walked over to my side.

Johnny: lets go new friend.

I jumped down from the lifted truck. Its odd, he’s my height and he has a lifted truck. Someone has little man syndrome.

We walked in the bar, sat at the table.

Bar keep: oh hey guys, this is a little odd, you’re here together. You hate each other.

Johnny: we’ve decided that we are going to be drunk friends

Jenn: yep , I need something here, and keep them coming. I pointed to myself.

Johnny: you heard her, but before we do, do you have a bun in the oven?

Jenn: a what?

Johnny: a Haner jr jr?

Jenn: what about Brian?

Johnny: do you have a fetus in there. He pointed to my tummy.

Jenn: No. why you calling me fat?

Johnny: Ok bring the drinks! So what shall we talk about until we get so fucking drunk?

Jenn: dude I don’t care at all. You pick.

Johnny: uh ok so how are things going with you and Brian?

Jenn: good, just trying to plan this wedding out, its like never going to happen, im so far behind.

Johnny: oh yeah, seems to be a lot of trouble. You are always freaking out about it.

Jenn: yeah but I want to get it done.

Johnny: good point.

Jenn: so you heard nothing from jimmy. I took a big gulp of my drink.

Johnny: no man nothing, he’s not answering his phone, text messages, nor voice mails. I’ve done everything.

Jenn: huh that’s kinda strange but not for jimmy. He was kinda upset that she left. He was quiet.

Johnny: yeah that’s not like him.

Jenn: How do you feel bout it? I finished off the drink and was looking for another.

Johnny: well, like I said, im not mad, or hurt really, she is still a good friend. But I do think she could of let you or him know before the wedding happened.

Jenn: yeah, it was kinda heartless to leave him there, but he did leave her when she had Chad.

Johnny: we had the tour though.

Jenn: she had a baby.

Johnny: another good point.

Jenn: it was a little scary taking care of a baby, I mean yeah the motherly instincts kick in, but its good to have help, and well the dad too.

Johnny: he has to make a living, so he can support the baby.

Jenn: yeah I guess but he didn’t have to have a tour a year long.

Johnny: I guess.

We finish talking, and by the time we were done. I think we both should be dead from the amount of liquor we drank. Can you say, alcohol poisoning. We both got into his truck and headed to my house. He gave parking a good try, I laugh at this.

We hopped out, or more like fell out.

Jenn: JOHNNY! I laughed out.

I noticed the light turned on in the house. Brian came out, he was wide awake.

Johnny: yeah. I know right that joke was funny.

Jenn: oh hi Brian. I took a sip from the cup I stole from the bar.

He grabbed it out of my hand and threw what was left in the cup out onto the grass.

Jenn: uh what a party pooper. Your no fun at all.

Johnny: geez Brian, don’t be mean. that was some grade A booze there.

Brian: are you driving drunk again?

Johnny: Maybe a little.

Brian: that’s not cool Johnny. You can do that on your own time. Not when you have her in the truck with you.

Johnny: its like psh ….I-I don’t know fuckin 3 miles away. I cant walk so….she cant either, the car is much fast-er.

Brian: and can also kill people. He said grabbing me by the shoulder to keep me straight. I was a little tipsy.

Johnny: noooo.

Brian: whatever, lets go drunker. He looked at me. I smiled a little.

Jenn: Johnny has to stay the night.

Brian: he’s fine. He whispered.

Jenn: no. I whispered back.

Johnny was just standing there in the middle of the driveway.

Brian: uh fine, Johnny lets go.

Jenn: Johnny!!!!

Johnny: thanks Brian. Dude we can get more wasted.

Jenn: and go swimming!

Brian: uh yeah no, you can Johnny, you he said pointing to me, cant.

Jenn: you’re not the boss of me, im fucking 22 years old. I hiccupped.

Brian: well last time I checked im am going to be your husband in like I don’t when ever you finished the plans for the wedding, but I still have some say. He looked at me.

Jenn: well I’ve been busy. I feel…. Tired. I need to lay down. I said falling to the ground.

Brian: Jenn get up.

Jenn: Brian im very tired.

Brian: get up jenn.

Jenn: well fucking help me.

He sighed he picked me up, and put me over his shoulder.

Brian: Johnny you can sleep on the couch, don’t leave until house until, the morning, or when I get up. He turned around to go up the stairs.

JENN:VERTIGO!!! I yelled. I closed my eyes tightly.

Brian: well don’t get drunk.

We went up stairs and he threw me on the bed.

I giggled a bit.

Brian: go to bed.

Jenn: fuck don’t be so mean.

I could tell Brian was very pissed, but you know im young and I want to have fun. That’s all.
♠ ♠ ♠
wasnt me....