Status: Complete.

This Truth In Cliche

Everything We Had

I sat on the bench in the park watching the scene I saw in front of me; a little boy was chasing a girl around a couple of trees, while their parents talked as they watched them laughing every now and then at something someone said, couples either walked hand in hand or sat intertwined in each others arms, and there was a dog barking as his owner threw a stick. Seeing all this at once, everyone so happy almost made me want to cry. I wanted happiness and I didn’t have it. Blake wasn’t enough anymore and it was about time I got what I wanted. Just as I was about to leave Ronnie sat down beside me. I opened my mouth to speak but he spoke first, “Yes I followed you here. No I’m not trying to stalk you. I just wanted to talk to you like I have been trying the last few times I saw you so please just hear me out.”

“Okay, I’m listening.”

“I’m not sure why I’m apologizing but I’m sorry if I said or did something to offend you.”

“Don’t even say that, you fucking know why.” I said raising my voice.

“No. I don’t.” He said evenly.

“You hurt me Ronnie.” I can’t believe I have to remind him it’s not everyday you break the heart of someone you still love. Well at the time I still loved him just not now. Or at least that’s what I keep telling myself. I feel kind of sorry for him and how he can’t let this go or how he can’t let me go. “I’m sorry but I have to go.” I said so softly it was almost a whisper. I think I was having regrets.

“Please don’t. I’ll change if that’ll make you happy.”

“Well that’s too fucking bad. I’ve gotten over you now it’s your turn to get over me.” I snapped.

“I won’t and if I can’t change then I’ll have to change your mind.” He said then cradled my face in his hands as he forced his lips on mine. Our kiss was powered by anger and hunger. I twisted my fingers in his hair wanting more but when I realized what I was doing I stopped and pushed on his chest.

“Fucking stay away from me.” I yelled and stormed off in the direction of my house. When I was a good ways from the park I sat down on the sidewalk and cried. My emotions were all over the place and I was so confused. The feelings I felt toward Ronnie are changing constantly and I don’t know what to do. My phone stared ringing so I checked the caller ID and it was Ronnie for the umpteenth time. I hit the ignore button switching it to voice mail and called Max to vent about Ronnie.

Ronnie's POV

I drove to Charlotte’s place hoping to talk to her today but I was nervous so I drove past and circled around at the end of the cul-de-sac. When I neared her house I noticed her walking towards the park so I drove there and waited. I got out and sat on a bench far away from her to just watch her movements because this may be the last time.

I lay on my back watching the stars in the sky as Charlotte’s hand rested in mine. Tonight we were being particularly quite because we just got over a fight. We don’t normally argue but when we do it’s big and usually ends with makeup sex. This time we skipped the last part and came here. Today we’ve been going out for four months and I wanted her to know I remembered and cared but the fight screwed things up.

She slid her body closer to mine and whispered in my ear, “I hate it when we fight, let’s never do it again.”

“Good ‘cause I also hate it when we fight.” I said as I pulled my body up on my left elbow and leaned over her. Our lips met then she was pulling me closer down towards her.


I walked over to the bench she was sitting on and sat down next to her. “Yes I followed you here. No I’m not trying to stalk you. I just wanted to talk to you like I have been trying the last few times I saw you so please just hear me out.” I said before she had a chance at saying anything.

“Okay, I’m listening.”

“I’m not sure why I’m apologizing but I’m sorry if I said or did something to offend you.”

“Don’t even say that, you fucking know why.” She said almost yelling at this point.

“No. I don’t.” I said calmly.

“You hurt me Ronnie.” She paused before continuing, “I’m sorry but I have to go.” she murmured.

“Please don’t. I’ll change if that’ll make you happy.” Why wasn’t she letting me fucking explain myself. This is getting old and I’m tired of all this fucking bullshit.

“Well that’s too fucking bad. I’ve gotten over you now it’s your turn to get over me.”

“I won’t and if I can’t change then I’ll have to change your mind.” I said then I framed her face with my hands and kissed her. She tensed at first but instantly melted into me and twisted her fingers in my hair but then she stopped and pulled away pushing on my chest.

“Fucking stay away from me.” She yelled then stormed off in the direction of her house. I tried calling her a couple times to finish explaining my self but each time I got voicemail. Fine, if that’s the way she wants it then fine by me. I don’t fucking need her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woo! Update, fun stuff.
I'm slowly adding a bit of their past through flashbacks.
Dun dun dunnnn.

Comment, it'll make me update faster. (;
Subscribe ittt.
Title credit: The Academy Is...