Status: Complete.

This Truth In Cliche

Dreams Only Last For a Night

I returned home to find the table set, lights dimmed, candles lit and a Nat King Cole love song playing. Hmm this is very unlike Blake. I set my purse on the entryway table and walked towards the kitchen. “Blake? You here?”

“Yeah, welcome home.” He said as he met me at the kitchen entrance with a bottle of wine.

"Wow. Um, what’s the occasion?”

He pulled the cork and grabbed two wine glasses. “None. Can’t I just make my beautiful girlfriend dinner?”

“Well yes. It looks wonderful Blake.” I said grinning. Wow I really like this new Blake. It was like a miracle to get him to do anything and now he’s acting like a total gentleman. Not only that but he’s actually being romantic. Who would have thought that a boy like him was capable of any of this? I sat down at the table across from Blake and smiled. He had made a wonderful mushroom bisque with red wine and dinner rolls. I’m not one for fancy dining but who could resist this.

After we finished dinner and had dessert we started kissing which turned into making out then we found ourselves heading towards the bedroom. Blake had managed to pull my shirt off and was working on my pants when I got this weird feeling that I couldn’t explain. Maybe I just wasn’t in the mood to do anything more tonight. No I know I’m not in the mood I just would feel content to lie wrapped up in his arms all night long. I pulled away from Blake with a kiss and snuggled into his chest.

“I love you, Char.” He whispered into my hair and ended it with a kiss. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes drifting off to sleep.

My eyes fluttered open to see daylight coming through the windows. So I rubbed my face and swung my legs over the side of the bed. I looked around the room noticing Blake wasn’t here so I got ready and went into the kitchen. Blake was sitting on the counter eating a piece of toast when I walked in. “Any for me?” I asked eyeing his toast.

“Sure, it’s over there.” He said pointing in the direction of the toaster. I walked over and saw only a loaf of bread. Rolling my eyes I put a slice in the toaster and waited for it. What happened to the boy that treated me so sweetly last night, that boy that kissed me and told me he loved me? I want, no I need that boy, the true Blake, the one I fell in love with. But I guess nothing stays perfect. Or maybe nothing or no one could hold a candle to Ronnie. When the toast popped I grabbed it and head out the door to class.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short I know but I'm really busy with school and getting my arm back to normal.
I promise a longer one to make up for this.
And I'd like to thank lilyanne for commenting. :)

Comment.
Subscribe.
Title credit: All Time Low